Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 07-22-2009   #1
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 6268 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Coming to Houston - need hotel opinion

Im most likely headed to houston for the MNF game against Tenn. I came 2 years ago and stayed at the Marriott Springhill Suites which was very nice. However the price has gone up significantly. I am now looking at the Holiday Inn Houston South Loop hotel. It is the holiday inn right next to Reliant Stadium.

Anyone have an experience or relative staying there? I have seen some mixed reviews. Some saying it was good, others saying it smelled and was dirty. I think I would be getting the executive room (to hopefully avoid any problems) but was wondering what ppl in the area know about this hotel.

I recently had a very bad experience at a Super8 so im a little worried. LOL
Old 07-22-2009   #2
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Coming to Houston - need hotel opinion

I have had several fans stay there and they enjoyed the stay or Sleep. Most time was not in the hotel although we did attend a browns backer meeting there
Old 07-22-2009   #3
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I always priceline my stays. Usually get the Hotel Derek at $109 and the Intercontinental or Hilton at $89. These are in the Galleria area.
Old 07-22-2009   #4
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

What about hitting Pricline or such for a downtown stay?

You could take the rail to the game and back.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009   #5
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 118327 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm at Quality Inn right next to Reliant for the SF game. It's a crap shoot, but the pics looked acceptable. I got it a while back and I believe it was $70 per night.
Old 07-22-2009   #6
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 17854 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

i've stayed at the holiday inn astrodome at Kirby and La Concha before.....it was fine when I was there. Walked to the game the next morning.......
Khari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009   #7
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khari View Post
i've stayed at the holiday inn astrodome at Kirby and La Concha before.....it was fine when I was there. Walked to the game the next morning.......
I stayed there to for that Sunday Night game against the Packers a few years ago. It was fine, no problems, decent for the price. I would stay there again. In fact I probably will for the MNF game this year.

I also stayed right down Kirby of the feeder road of 610, right around the corner from the Platinum lot. Can't remember the name of the place but it was okay, I prefer the Holiday Inn over that one though.
Old 07-23-2009   #8
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 6268 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

thx for the help guys. I think im gonna go with the Holiday Inn South Loop (Astrodome). My backup choice seems to be the Hotel Derek.
Old 07-23-2009   #9
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
thx for the help guys. I think im gonna go with the Holiday Inn South Loop (Astrodome). My backup choice seems to be the Hotel Derek.
If that's the one right there on Kirby within walking distance, I will probably be there also.
Old 07-23-2009   #10
ChrisG
Road Fan

yea its like 8110 or something Kirby. It used to be called Holiday Inn Astrodome, they changed the name to Holiday Inn South Loop. Im gonna book it in about 2-3 weeks (waiting on some buddies to get the money together).

Maybe we will meet up and get a drink or something
Old 07-23-2009   #11
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
yea its like 8110 or something Kirby. It used to be called Holiday Inn Astrodome, they changed the name to Holiday Inn South Loop. Im gonna book it in about 2-3 weeks (waiting on some buddies to get the money together).

Maybe we will meet up and get a drink or something
Sure, where are you tailgating, do you know?
Old 07-23-2009   #12
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hotel D would be way cooler but more expensive.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009   #13
ChrisG
Road Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Sure, where are you tailgating, do you know?
not sure yet...last time i came i didn't really tailgate. I firgured i'll make a post sometime in oct and c which tailgaters are open to an out-of-towner joining them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
Hotel D would be way cooler but more expensive.
its not much more but it is farther away. I figure i'll try and save as much money as possible and wont have to worry about getting on the metro rail. I dont think i'll be spending alot of time in the room anyways.
Old 07-23-2009   #14
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 118327 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll be at Quality Inn Reliant for the 49'er game. Any insight about this location is appreciated. I love it, the board is crackling with specifics about the games at hand. We're getting closer.
Old 07-23-2009   #15
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Coming to Houston - need hotel opinion

Both your hotels are walking distance easy to Reliant. Both your hotels are in the ghetto - so don't go out walking alone at night not on game night. Take a cab to go to another area if you want to go out.

As for tailgating, Blue Crew tailgates right at Kirby and West Ridge, is comprised of a lot of the posters on here, and always welcomes out of towners.

http://www.txdavid.com/tailgate.html
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009   #16
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
not sure yet...last time i came i didn't really tailgate. I firgured i'll make a post sometime in oct and c which tailgaters are open to an out-of-towner joining them.
How in the hell could you come all the way from New York and NOT tailgate? Game day is more than just a game...it's an EXPERIENCE.

Seriously...there are plenty of great tailgate parties you can go to. Don't short change your experience.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009   #17
ChrisG
Road Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Both your hotels are walking distance easy to Reliant. Both your hotels are in the ghetto - so don't go out walking alone at night not on game night. Take a cab to go to another area if you want to go out.

As for tailgating, Blue Crew tailgates right at Kirby and West Ridge, is comprised of a lot of the posters on here, and always welcomes out of towners.

http://www.txdavid.com/tailgate.html
yea im familar with the area as i stayed in the Marriot Springhill Suites a few years ago. I have seen alot worse neighborhoods but yea ik what you mean

i have seen alot of posting about the Blue Crew, i'll have to stop by when im in town

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanmojo.com View Post
How in the hell could you come all the way from New York and NOT tailgate? Game day is more than just a game...it's an EXPERIENCE.

Seriously...there are plenty of great tailgate parties you can go to. Don't short change your experience.
yea ik..i was a little pissed at myself - came to the game talked with a few ppl before the game but didn't really tailgate. I am NOT missing out this year
Old 07-23-2009   #18
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Yeah, make sure you tailgate for sure! You won't regret it. I will probably be in the Yellow this game not sure yet. I am definetly going to hit Platinum this season I just don't think it will be for this game. We should swap PM's when it get closer, and if we don't hook up at a tailgate we can get a beer before heading over.
Old 07-23-2009   #19
ChrisG
Road Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Yeah, make sure you tailgate for sure! You won't regret it. I will probably be in the Yellow this game not sure yet. I am definetly going to hit Platinum this season I just don't think it will be for this game. We should swap PM's when it get closer, and if we don't hook up at a tailgate we can get a beer before heading over.
sounds good to me...i'll definetly be stopping by blue crew

i am either going with a few friends (one of them a titans game ) , but if they cant get the money together in time ill make the trip with my dad (not a texans fan but a football fan)

we can defintely grab a beer before the game or something
Old 07-23-2009   #20
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 150814 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
sounds good to me...i'll definetly be stopping by blue crew

i am either going with a few friends (one of them a titans game ) , but if they cant get the money together in time ill make the trip with my dad (not a texans fan but a football fan)

we can defintely grab a beer before the game or something
You could make a deal . You'd be the host for the Bill's game in return for staying at someone's in Houston .

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read