Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 08-16-2009   #41
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow
Default Re: Vince Young Pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
But he will be in the HOF.
CFL has a HOF right?

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009   #42
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
I hope he realizes how dumb that was.
The problem is, you have to be smart enough to recognize dumb.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009   #43
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...ung-highlights

This actually shows his play.

Notice on the TD he pulls the DB by faking the run but at the same time he keeps looking for WRs. Not something he has done in the past. Also with the run he could have easlity turned down field and probably got another 10 yards.

Old 08-16-2009   #44
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

You do realize that the ICOU were playing the Bucs right? They released a lot of veteran players during the offseason and are switching from a Tampa2 to 4-3. I saw the highlight package and most of the plays were Carr specials. The TD showed a young corner who is not a starter leave a guy wide open.

Big deal he looked good against backups, hell I have seen Joey Harrington look good in a preseason game.
Old 08-16-2009   #45
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

You do realize I didn't mention any numbers. For VY, I want to see him look confident, make confident decisions and make good throws. I don't care who he was playing, he looked totally different than he did last week.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009   #46
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1065 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You do realize I didn't mention any numbers. For VY, I want to see him look confident, make confident decisions and make good throws. I don't care who he was playing, he looked totally different than he did last week.
Woo-hoo for VY! He looked decent against a second team defense minus veteran leadership that is rebuilding minus Monte Kiffin. Woooooo-hooooooo!!!
Old 08-16-2009   #47
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90172 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

First you commented on your view of the pre-season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Yup the "playoffs" are going well for you. Three more games and you guys have it!

Then regular season starts and you guys struggle to make .500 ... and the record repeats.
But then you commented on your view of the pre-season.
Quote:
Seems to be doing it in pre season ... two TD passes and one INT. He has not fumbled the ball onces.

I am still a little weary of him but today he defiantly showed he had developed more then in the past.

The next game is a new game but if he shows up like he did today then I will be a lot more excited about Young then I have anytime in the past.
Methinks the pre-season should not be ignored (yes it should), (err wait, no it shouldn't), (Err...oh - nevermind).
Old 08-16-2009   #48
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post

Methinks the pre-season should not be ignored (yes it should), (err wait, no it shouldn't), (Err...oh - nevermind).
I can't believe how starved Titan fans are for a QB. VY throws for 131 in a preseason game and suddenly week-in and week-out of regular season disappointment/failure at the position is forgotten.
Old 08-16-2009   #49
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

You guys are missing the point. It doesn't matter how many yards he threw, it doesn't matter who he was playing against. VY doesn't manage the game well but tonight he did. I'm not going to sit here and pretend to know the correct reads in this offense but we can all agree that as you see more and more football you can better tell if a guy is playing well or not. Making good decisions or not. Vince was much better this week than last. Doesn't mean he'll win the starting job, doesn't mean he'll ever amount to anything in the NFL. Just an observation from an onlooker. Don't act like I'm bias toward the guy, last week I was ranting on how awful he played.
Old 08-16-2009   #50
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You guys are missing the point. It doesn't matter how many yards he threw, it doesn't matter who he was playing against. VY doesn't manage the game well but tonight he did. I'm not going to sit here and pretend to know the correct reads in this offense but we can all agree that as you see more and more football you can better tell if a guy is playing well or not. Making good decisions or not. Vince was much better this week than last. Doesn't mean he'll win the starting job, doesn't mean he'll ever amount to anything in the NFL. Just an observation from an onlooker. Don't act like I'm bias toward the guy, last week I was ranting on how awful he played.
So VY just made Valedictorian of summer school. What do you want? A medal?
Old 08-16-2009   #51
Bulluck53
All Pro

yes....
Old 08-16-2009   #52
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 107142 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009   #53
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:

There is a big difference is between caring if you win or loss the game and watching player development. That should be pretty easy to understand.

Old 08-16-2009   #54
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
There is a big difference is between caring if you win or loss the game and watching player development. That should be pretty easy to understand.
Like I said, I have seen Joey Harrington look great in a preseason game.
Old 08-16-2009   #55
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 107142 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Tampa and Tennessee is on now on NFL network
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009   #56
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90172 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Who has thrown more INT's so far this year? The sausage King or Matt Schaub?

In fact, Schaub has not thrown an incomplete pass all preseason long.
Quote:
There is a big difference is between caring if you win or loss the game and watching player development.
As you can see, the post you were originally referring to was in regard to interceptions thrown and completion percentage. For the learning and dental care impaired among us, that would be in the category of "Player Development", not W-L records.

Quote:
That should be pretty easy to understand.
Apparently not for some of us.
Old 08-16-2009   #57
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 36225 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
My condolences on your hero passing ... she brought pride to the Kennedy name.
Wow, that's relevant - and yeah, she did bring some honor to the name and started a great cause for special people. How long have you been saving (reusing) that one liner? Kinda like comparing TD passes against a 2nd team defense v. starting defense.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009   #58
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
As you can see, the post you were originally referring to was in regard to interceptions thrown and completion percentage. For the learning and dental care impaired among us, that would be in the category of "Player Development", not W-L records.

Apparently not for some of us.
I could type slower if that would help you ...

Old 08-16-2009   #59
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
Wow, that's relevant - and yeah, she did bring some honor to the name and started a great cause for special people. How long have you been saving (reusing) that one liner? Kinda like comparing TD passes against a 2nd team defense v. starting defense.
The joke was over your hear ... obviously.

Since she passed less then a week ago I imagine I have not had much of a chance to use it. But keep digging. You're almost at 6 feet. Probably not going to get that either.

Old 08-16-2009   #60
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 64444 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oh thats right, my bad. You guys lost to a rookie QB and an aging defense in the first round of the playoffs at home. I would of went with the Steelers if I were you.

And hey, http://www.youtube.com/v/zTFwAxfHgSA&hl=en&fs=1& back at ya.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read