Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-15-2009   #1
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 561 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default new Red Zone channel

will be hard to beat Siciliano on the DirecTV version, but Comcast customers will at least have the option of a RZ channel of their own now.

When the NFL extended its contract with DirecTV, the league secured the ability to eventually sell the Red Zone Channel to any interested cable companies.

When the NFL extended its contracts with FOX and CBS, the league secured the ability to do so right way.

And so, per John Ourand of SportsBusiness Journal, the league has created RedZone, a cable-specific corollary to DirecTV's Red Zone Channel.

RedZone will be produced by NFL Network, and it will originate from the league-owned broadcast operation's studios in Los Angeles.

Per Ourand, it debuts Week One, and Scott Hanson of NFLN will serve as the host. (Andrew Siciliano hosts the DirecTV version of it.)

To date, only Comcast has purchased RedZone, which will feature a series of live look-ins to the Sunday afternoon games.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...rates-redzone/
Old 08-15-2009   #2
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: new Red Zone channel

Will our own Red Zone be appearing on it?
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009   #3
jlam
Veteran

Rep Power: 139 jlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respected

Actually, this is pretty kick-ass. I hope it comes with the "Sports plus" or whatever the hell they call now tier that I'm already paying for.
jlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009   #4
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 158369 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post
I was waiting for him to sue for copyright infringement.
disaacks3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009   #5
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311116 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post

I don't know, but I don't want to be the one to tell him no if that's the case. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009   #6
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311116 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlam View Post
Actually, this is pretty kick-ass. I hope it comes with the "Sports plus" or whatever the hell they call now tier that I'm already paying for.

Yeah, I'm already paying for that myself, along with their extended HD channels starting at channel 600. I'd better get it without having to pay any more.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009   #7
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Help!!!

I keep hearing that Red Zone is in HD. But on Comcast, I'm watching it on channel 130. And it's not in HD. Is Red Zone on another Comcast channel?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read