Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Pre-Season Wins & Losses

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
Just putting this out there because I know it will come up. Especially if the Texans lose 2 or more pre-season games.

Pre-season win/loss records mean absolutely NOTHING!!! Pre-season football is not the same game as regular season football. Sure a win is nice and is always better than losing and you're still always trying to win, but that's not what the main purpose is of pre-season football. The main purpose of pre-season football is for coaches to look at players, work on certain situations, etc.

The Indianapolis Colts, who have made the playoffs every year of the Texans existance, and who have a Super Bowl trophy in that time, have won exactly 3 pre-season football games in the last 19 they've played over the last 4 years. That includes their 1st game this season. 3-16 in the pre-season for the Colts.

In 2008, 8 of the 12 playoff teams were 2-2 or worse in the pre-season.

Last year the Detroit Lions were 4-0 in pre-season!!!!! Seattle was 3-1 PS and went 4-12.

In 2007, 6 of 12 playoff teams were 2-2 or worse, including the SB champion Giants (1-3) and the 16-0 Patriots (2-2).

The Jets and Falcons both went 3-1 in PS and both went 4-12 in the regular season.

In 2006, TEN of the 12 playoff teams were 2-2 or worse, including the 1-3 champion Colts. Oakland was 4-1 in PS and went 2-14. The Texans were 3-1 that year and went 6-10.

In 2005, of the 10 teams that were 3-1 or better in the pre-season, only 2 of those teams made the playoffs.

And again in '04, 9 teams were 3-1 or better in PS with only 2 making the playoffs.

So, IF the Texans lose a PS game or 2, or even if they win them all, remember that it really doesn't mean a whole lot what the PS record is. It's not the same game. They don't play it the same way.

The win/loss record might not matter but the games certainly do. I could deal with 1 or maybe 2 less but pre-season games are important to make sure you're getting everybody on the same page in a real situation that won't actually count against you if there are bumps along the way.

I want the starters to be sharp and effeciant when they are in the game. I want the starters to get their reps and get off the field healthy.Pre season games are for the backup players to get game experience just in case they are called on during the regular season. If we see improvement week to week thats all you can really ask for. The results aren't important.

I want the starters to be sharp and effeciant when they are in the game. I want the starters to get their reps and get off the field healthy.Pre season games are for the backup players to get game experience just in case they are called on during the regular season. If we see improvement week to week thats all you can really ask for. The results aren't important.

I agree with you, but I also want the rookies to progress from pre-season to the regular season. Lundy had a pretty good pre-season a few years ago, but had problems when the games counted.

i say if we win all the PS games we lose because we played to hard

i say lets just lose PS game 2 win 3 and 4 to get that swagga and off to wk 1

I could care less if we went 0-4 in the PS. However, when our 1st teamers are in there, even though it's vanilla offense, I expect to dominate crap teams like KC! There is no excuse for having 3 and outs against a team like that no matter when you play and we should all expect more if we think we are going somewhere this year.....which I do!!

I think we where shellshocked that we where playing in the rain we rarely play in the rain LOL

Just putting this out there because I know it will come up. Especially if the Texans lose 2 or more pre-season games.

Pre-season win/loss records mean absolutely NOTHING!!!

Shwew...... thanks for clearing that up... I was starting to get excited.

Thankyou.

But I've got one question.

What if we play Tampa Bay?

:splits:

Back