Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2009   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Earl Campbell day set for aug 22nd in Kerrville! Free Autographs 12-2

http://www.dailytimes.com/story.lass...79b6f3280df219

Quote:
Helping a customer outside Rustic Elegance earlier this month, owner Jan Lynch was asked if she could give the man’s friend some prices.

“Sure,” Jan said, as she walked toward the car he was sitting in. “Yeah, it’s Earl,” the friend said.

A lifelong Houston Oilers fan and “Luv Ya Blue” diehard, the name Earl set off alarm bells.

“In my head I went, what?,” Lynch said. “Because when you hear Earl, there’s only one Earl.”

When Lynch reached the car she knew immediately she was looking at her idol, Hall of Fame running back Earl Campbell.

“I went out there and it was him, and I told him ‘Do you even have a clue what an honor it is to meet you and what you’ve done for Texas?’” Lynch said. “You made football the best it could have been.”

From that point a series of dream-like eventsunfolded for Lynch and her husband, Steve, who was sitting in the back room with no knowledge that his gridiron hero was looking at cowhides 30 feet away. Campbell gave the Lynches a No. 34 Oilers jersey, signed it, posed for pictures and was on his way.

“When he left, I was just in awe,” Jan said. “I started calling everyone, and while I was on the phone with my brother-in-law, Joey, a call came in and it was Earl.”

Campbell told Jan he wanted to do something special for the store. He explained that while he was headed to Cleveland for a short time, he would like to return to Kerrville and help promote Rustic Elegance — free of charge.

“He said ‘I’ll bring some sausage, you just bring me some tacos with carne guisada,’” Jan said. “That he wanted to do something for us just made me feel unbelievable.”

Hundreds of phone calls made, banners constructed and stories told later, Rustic Elegance will be hosting the city-recognized “Earl Campbell Day” on Aug. 22.

Campbell will be signing autographs between noon and 2 p.m., free of charge. Jan encourages fans to bring favorite Campbell apparel, from the “Luv Ya Blue” collectibles from his days with the Oilers to memorabilia for the University of Texas, where “The Tyler Rose” won the Heisman Trophy in 1977.
http://www.dailytimes.com/story.lass...79b6f3280df219
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009   #2
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Earl Campbell day set for aug 22nd in Kerrville! Free Autographs 12-2

I could see myself making that trip... just because that's durn inspiring.

He truly is the Tyler Rose of Texas.
Old 08-15-2009   #3
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 29448 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan
Default Re: Earl Campbell day set for aug 22nd in Kerrville! Free Autographs 12-2

I've only had two hero's in my life... My dad, and Earl Campbell. A man among children, a treasure we'll never see in this lifetime again.
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009   #4
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

well new braunfels is about an hour and a half away
Old 08-15-2009   #5
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 29448 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Not to mention, I could come have you buy me lunch Good idea Wolf! LOL
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009   #6
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

didn't Earl have some surgery recently...back or knee?
Old 08-18-2009   #7
Wolf
100% Texan

I think i am going to try to use my sisters on saturday.. I have an old oilers pennant and a texans hat... maybe my sisters could take one of each and see if earl would sign them (the items and not my sisters or I would probably have to frame both of my sisters to the wall)

Sponsored links
Old 08-18-2009   #8
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
I think i am going to try to use my sisters on saturday.. I have an old oilers pennant and a texans hat... maybe my sisters could take one of each and see if earl would sign them (the items and not my sisters or I would probably have to frame both of my sisters to the wall)

Aren't they quite the singing sensations though? I'd frame 'em anyway.
Old 08-18-2009   #9
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
didn't Earl have some surgery recently...back or knee?
Yes, back surgery. Last July.

Quote:
Earl Campbell recovering after back surgery
Thursday, September 04, 2008 | 7:07 PM By Laura WhitleyDoctors say football legend Earl Campbell underwent successful spinal surgery in July. The Hall of Famer is expected to talk about his recovery and condition later today.
Earl Campbell recovering after back surgery
Old 08-18-2009   #10
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
I've only had two hero's in my life... My dad, and Earl Campbell. A man among children, a treasure we'll never see in this lifetime again.
Agreed!!
Old 08-18-2009   #11
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd love to meet the man, the myth, the legend!

Last time I tried I was suckered to a paid autograph event before I realized it. He wanted $80 just to sign my Oilers pendant. I dig Earl, but that's just too much $ for this fan.
Old 08-18-2009   #12
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Earl is the greatest, he is Texas personified.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read