Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-14-2009   #1
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default A good article from SI

Is this the same Lopez who worked for the Comical? I dunno, but it's a good article. Hope you enjoy.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ans/index.html
Old 08-14-2009   #2
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21314 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A good article from SI

i like the way he sets it up. fluffy. no doubt, but i'll take it on the EVE OF FOOTBALL SEASON!!!!!!!!!! Great find.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009   #3
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish they had someone else besides John Lopez write about the Texans. He's on the radio and a former writer for the Chronicle so his opinion was already kind of known. I would have liked to see what someone who doesn't follow the Texans on a regular basis thought of the team.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009   #4
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21314 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

They would probably think the Texans could be good if Schwab could stay healthy and if the Texans ever got an offensive line.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009   #5
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Okay - WTF - in that article he refers to Dunta Robinson as a pro-bowler. This guy wrote for the Houston paper, so you'd think he'd have more in-depth knowledge of the team than one of the other national guys... but apparently he thinks Dunta went to a pro bowl. LOL

Also - Antonio Smith and Connor Barwin are ELITE pass-rushers?

Definitely some new information there that I didn't know.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009   #6
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Okay - WTF - in that article he refers to Dunta Robinson as a pro-bowler. This guy wrote for the Houston paper, so you'd think he'd have more in-depth knowledge of the team than one of the other national guys... but apparently he thinks Dunta went to a pro bowl. LOL

Also - Antonio Smith and Connor Barwin are ELITE pass-rushers?

Definitely some new information there that I didn't know.
Don't be crapping on my heart. Just go with the feelgood flow and enjoy it. The preseason starts tonight, as does our road to the Super Bowl.
Old 08-15-2009   #7
DavidC
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 DavidC is a Hall of FamerDavidC is a Hall of FamerDavidC is a Hall of FamerDavidC is a Hall of FamerDavidC is a Hall of FamerDavidC is a Hall of FamerDavidC is a Hall of FamerDavidC is a Hall of FamerDavidC is a Hall of Famer

"You can just call defensive linemen Tim Bulman and Shaun Cody the Cockroach Twins. You just can't kill them, no matter how hard you try. Despite all the additions the Texans have brought in, Bulman and Cody continue to play good football."

I don't get this, wasn't Cody one of the "additions"? And he has still yet to play a game for the Texans.
DavidC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-15-2009   #8
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Even though I generally like Lopez on the radio (He is a VY lover though), and I do like the Texans getting positive national media attention, as a Texans fan that was hard to read. Some of that stuff is him being at a TC practice or two and then blowing up a performance to be much more than it was.

Didn't Blinebury write football articles as well as basketball? You know back when we had 2 newspapers?
Old 08-15-2009   #9
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 288222 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
"You can just call defensive linemen Tim Bulman and Shaun Cody the Cockroach Twins. You just can't kill them, no matter how hard you try. Despite all the additions the Texans have brought in, Bulman and Cody continue to play good football."

I don't get this, wasn't Cody one of the "additions"? And he has still yet to play a game for the Texans.
Good catch. That's exactly right. Cody is a Detroit escapee. Lopez had to be thinking of DelJuan Robinson or maybe Jesse Nading. But Lopez is principally a baseball guy so I'm not really surprised at him being off on the details of our football team.

Lopez may have gotten one thing right though...
Quote:
With Bulman and Cody playing well and the additions of Antonio Smith and Connor Barwin on the defensive line, the odd man out may well be former No. 1 pick Travis Johnson. He's always been either injured or under-achieving. He has yet to suit up this year. He's THAT close to being a bust.
Someone should give TC's number to SI for the next time they wish to cover the Texans. Maybe they don't like that she blogs for the competition.

Last edited by ObsiWan; 08-15-2009 at 10:35 AM.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009   #10
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

*edit* i made a mistake; disregard.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read