Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-14-2009   #1
forcefollow
Rookie

Rep Power: 229 forcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Possible trades?

Are there any rumblings about trading for a quality RB or CB? Texans needed to add a solid compliment to slaton. Is there anyone worth pursuing that the texans are in a position to get?
forcefollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009   #2
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Possible trades?

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcefollow View Post
Are there any rumblings about trading for a quality RB or CB? Texans needed to add a solid compliment to slaton. Is there anyone worth pursuing that the texans are in a position to get?
The solid RB compliment is on the roster or will be found via cuts. There is no need to make a trade.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009   #3
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 18204 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
The solid RB compliment is on the roster or will be found via cuts. There is no need to make a trade.
I agree, it is way too early to talk trade.
Old 08-14-2009   #4
forcefollow
Rookie

Rep Power: 229 forcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
I have my doubts. Brown = injuries Moates=special teams guy Hall = ??????? Arian Foster = Old knee injury, lost a step or two.

Unless I am missing someone Houston needs someone else.
forcefollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009   #5
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 59723 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I would be interested in fielding offers from a team that needs a TE. We have some pretty good looking young ones that might get us a safety or CB.
Old 08-14-2009   #6
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I have my doubts. Brown = injuries Moates=special teams guy Hall = ??????? Arian Foster = Old knee injury, lost a step or two.

Unless I am missing someone Houston needs someone else.
Brown has injury issues and I'll be surprised if he makes it out of preseason.

Moats did pretty well end of last season. Don't be surprised if he comes out as the number 2.

Hall has experience in our system. He's had a history of injuries but he could be a real good pick up for us.

Arian Foster has done really well in training camp. Sure, he's got a bit of a hammy tweak but that doesn't mean he's going to be a scrub or anything. He could be a really great pick up for us.

So, I think Moats, Hall, and Foster makes us much deeper RB than you do.

Combine that with the fact that some quality backs will probably be cut by the end of training camp, there's a good possibility that we'll be able to upgrade our RB slot without having to get rid of anyone. IF... IF we need to.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009   #7
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild

Quote:
Rookie posters...do we have a hazing process?

I am a Christian

Philippians 4:13
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-15-2009   #8
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I would look at one of the Raiders RB's if one becomes available.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009   #9
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texaninlild View Post
We aren't the Detroit Lions! Of Course there is hazing!

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009   #10
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 85708 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texaninlild View Post
No... just be a jackass to them.

You know... the usual.

michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009   #11
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Michael Bush is a rb most around here would love to have but the Raiders aren't going to give him up. I'm guessing someone will get picked up off the waiver wire near the end of preseason. It doesn't necessarily mean that the Texans won't start the season with Slaton/Brown/Moats/Foster.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009   #12
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 59723 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it's possible to get a full season out of Brown in a backup roll. From all accounts, he's not bothered by any injuries this TC. Maybe a full year off of PT and training will get us a productive year. The guy is a BEAST when he's healthy.
Old 08-15-2009   #13
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

So what do you want to trade for this RB? A draft pick? Unless they can get some kind of deal that is similar to Meyers (low round draft pick for a player that starts) we aren't going to see anybody that's been established coming our way. Any running back that we get off of waivers due to cuts is going to take a roster spot on our team whether he's good or not. We cannot claim these players and then practice squad them, so we will have to live with some guy being on our 53 who could just as easily be a "special teams guy" like Moats. So any waiver wire guys are going to have to be a pretty established player before we try to pick them up. Rick Smith has been diligent enough in the past that when somebody on the staff believes that a position could be crippled from one player injury they bring in a ton of "who the hell is that guy" types to see if one will stick. I don't even see that happening right now so everybody on the staff must be at least content with what we have at RB. As far as safety goes, you're not getting anybody better than Wilson or Ferguson off the scrap heap. Barber has looked fine at SS and they are comfortable having Wilson go in as the starting FS.

I can safely say that there will be no trades of our draft picks for a running back or a DB or any kind. And I don't even think player-for-player trades even happen anymore without draft picks thrown in.

Stop worrying yourself anyway, our RB corps is fine. The guys behind Slaton aren't RB1's in the league because if they were they'd get scooped up by somebody else, or we'd have to sign em to a really dumb contract for an RB2. If we get a bunch of injuries we are probably boned any way you look at it so just go with it, man.
Old 08-15-2009   #14
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I think it's possible to get a full season out of Brown in a backup roll. From all accounts, he's not bothered by any injuries this TC. Maybe a full year off of PT and training will get us a productive year. The guy is a BEAST when he's healthy.
I think there's a semi-realistic chance you're right. I suppose the spin on this is that he's healthy right now, he's only 28 years old, and he's carried the ball fewer than 150 times in the last three years, so he should have plenty left in the tank.

The belief that he's injury prone is unquestionably correct, but for those who's comments would lead you to believe it will be a miracle if he ever sees the field in a regular season game again, please take note that prior to last year he'd played in double-digit games in 4 of his 5 NFL seasons.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read