Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-14-2009   #1
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 877 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Raiders Broadcast v. Cowboys

Just watched the Raiders broadcast on NFLN Replay of their preseason game vs. the Cowboys... to lead off the broadcast they mentioned the Texans home win as the big highlight leading to a promising season this year for the Raiders..after that their commentators mentioned the Texans win a few other times... very interesting because I thought our loss there was predictable considering the emotional high of beating the Titans the week before. I just thought it was really funny that their big battle cry is "we beat the Texans at home last year so believe in 2009." Can't wait for the Raiders game this year, I think we'll blow them out of the building.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009   #2
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Raiders Broadcast v. Cowboys

here, here.
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009   #3
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3281 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

Doubt it will be a blow out, but it'll be one interesting game.
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009   #4
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
Just watched the Raiders broadcast on NFLN Replay of their preseason game vs. the Cowboys... to lead off the broadcast they mentioned the Texans home win as the big highlight leading to a promising season this year for the Raiders..after that their commentators mentioned the Texans win a few other times... very interesting because I thought our loss there was predictable considering the emotional high of beating the Titans the week before. I just thought it was really funny that their big battle cry is "we beat the Texans at home last year so believe in 2009." Can't wait for the Raiders game this year, I think we'll blow them out of the building.
I feel respected.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009   #5
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Raiders have plenty of talent sprinkled throughout their roster. I just think they're lacking a decent QB and coaching. Can Cable corral the talent and put it on the field?

I've always thought Russell was a joke for a QB and I expect Garcia to take over pretty quick.
Old 08-14-2009   #6
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

McFadden is a beast, we stop him we'll be alright.
Old 08-14-2009   #7
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Raiders could be one of those surprise teams. They finished strong and they've got a good running game. And at least two of the other teams in their division could be in shambles.

And besides, they've got Seth Wand now. How can they lose?
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-14-2009   #8
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I think the Raiders could be one of those surprise teams. They finished strong and they've got a good running game. And at least two of the other teams in their division could be in shambles.

And besides, they've got Seth Wand now. How can they lose?
They have a running game but not much else. The fat guy they have at QB throws a lowsy deep ball because the WR have to stop and wait for it. Stop the run and it should be an easy win.
Old 08-14-2009   #9
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 877 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

They have tough O & D lines but finesse is not a word that Raiders team understands. Every yard they get is a struggle, big plays are rare. Its not the kind of offense that can win at Reliant. They're becoming a good home team I think, kind of like the 07 Texans and their next step is becoming a good road team and they're not there yet.
Old 08-14-2009   #10
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Raiders are over .500 this year. They've been bad a long, long time and even when you're run by a lunatic mummy you're bound to get a few picks right in the draft. They've got talent and Russell appears to finally be getting it. They're going to beat some people this year who don't expect. I sure hope we aren't one of those teams.
Old 08-14-2009   #11
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
They have a running game but not much else. The fat guy they have at QB throws a lowsy deep ball because the WR have to stop and wait for it. Stop the run and it should be an easy win.
I'm not convinced Russell ends up as the QB for this team.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009   #12
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I think the Raiders are over .500 this year. They've been bad a long, long time and even when you're run by a lunatic mummy you're bound to get a few picks right in the draft. They've got talent and Russell appears to finally be getting it. They're going to beat some people this year who don't expect. I sure hope we aren't one of those teams.
They're definitely improved from years ago but its still going to be a steep climb for them. They'll get wins because they get to play the Broncos and Chiefs twice but they also have the NFC east and AFC north to worry about. Their defense will have to win a lot of games and score TDs if they're going to be over .500.
Old 08-14-2009   #13
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulluminatii View Post
Doubt it will be a blow out, but it'll be one interesting game.
I don't even pay attention to the score in preseason. Good teams look bad, bad teams look good, sometimes good teams look good...how I look at it is that nothing really matters other than watching individual players during the preseason and hoping nobody gets hurt.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009   #14
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I don't even pay attention to the score in preseason. Good teams look bad, bad teams look good, sometimes good teams look good...how I look at it is that nothing really matters other than watching individual players during the preseason and hoping nobody gets hurt.
Agree. Romo and the starters scored and then sat last night. The old Cowboys teams of Jimmy proved the preseason is crap thing...4-0 the 1-16 year and 0-4 and 1-3 in SB years. My main goal for teams I like in preseason is 1) no injuries and 2) finding young players that can contribute and play
Old 08-14-2009   #15
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Agree. Romo and the starters scored and then sat last night. The old Cowboy teams of Jimmy proved the preseason is crap thing...4-0 the 1-16 years and 0-4 and 1-3 in SB years. My main goal for teams I like in preseason is 1) no injuries and 2) finding young players that can contribute and play
yeah, I think the all time example of not putting too much stock into the preseason results were the Lions of 2008 - winning every single meaningless game, and losing every single game that counted.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009   #16
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I've sat thru many preseason games in person.

Can't remember a single score or a single play.

The NFL needs to do as they have talked about...decrease the preseason...increase the regular season.

I wonder overall how ticket buying fans feel about that.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read