Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-13-2009   #1
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default AJ on Rome

Thoughts?

Rome was complimenting AJ about not show boating or doing things to grab the spotlight. AJ said his only goal is to win a SB. Rome asked AJ if he felt he would need to leave Houston to accomplish that goal. AJ said you never know what will happen however he wants to remain a Texans and accomplish that goal here.

Of course he had to say those things however I really hope the Texans take the next step this season so guys like AJ will want to stick around.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009   #2
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 12913 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AJ on Rome

I absolutely HATE Jim Rome but I might have to find this one online to watch it just because AJ was on.. only the segment that AJ is in however.
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009   #3
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20600 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ was very gracious as usual. I like his 'speak softly and carry a big bat' attitude when he spoke of 'playoff talk'. Just win on Sunday and the playoffs will come!
Old 08-14-2009   #4
texansdrummer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8156 texansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to texansdrummer

Pro-Bowl talent with the most classy attitude imaginable. He's gotta be a Texan for a long, long time. He is the complete package. You just can't possibly hope to have a better guy on your team than AJ. We are extremely fortunate that he is a Texan.
texansdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009   #5
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't care if they sign him to a 10 billion dollar a year contract and have the jaguars.com members fill the other spots. I love watch that man play football.
Old 08-14-2009   #6
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I don't care if they sign him to a 10 billion dollar a year contract and have the jaguars.com members fill the other spots. I love watch that man play football.
If Houston can't turn the corner, I'd rather watch Andre leave and actually compete for a title than just waste his entire career on a team that never competed for anything (ala Barry Sanders). Andre deserves it, he's been nothing but a class act.

Again though, I'd rather he do that here, so we need to go ahead and turn that corner already.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009   #7
texansdrummer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8156 texansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to texansdrummer

At least AJ is currently playing on a prolific offense. Barry NEVER played behind an even decent offensive line......not even in college. (I grew up watching BS play at OSU...saw his first game subbing in for Thurman) Props to AJ for having the loyalty and belief in the organization. It's definitely rare, but VERY appreciated.
texansdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-14-2009   #8
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansdrummer View Post
At least AJ is currently playing on a prolific offense. Barry NEVER played behind an even decent offensive line......not even in college. (I grew up watching BS play at OSU...saw his first game subbing in for Thurman) Props to AJ for having the loyalty and belief in the organization. It's definitely rare, but VERY appreciated.
Yes it is....ESPECIALLY at the WR position, which is why if let's say we don't get over the hump and take a huge step back and AJ starts to get frustrated and wants to play for a winning franchise, I won't blame him. All the guy wants to do is win, frankly we should be thankful a guy with his talent has been as patient as he has been. I don't think AJ really cares about playing in a prolific offense. (Which he's a HUGE reason why we have that type of offense). Yes it's nice, but he doesn't come off as a guy who gives a crap about his numbers. The guy just wants to win and he deserves to win, he's done everything the right way. So Houston really needs to take that next step or I think we'll finally see AJ's patience start running thin.

This is just another reason among many why this year is HUGE for the Texans. I actually think it's a make or break year for us......we can't afford to take a step back ala 2005. There are jobs possibly on the line and I really don't want to go through another rebuilding process when we're right on the brink of breaking through.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 08-14-2009 at 02:22 AM.
Old 08-14-2009   #9
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

We should have drafted Charles Rogers.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009   #10
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
We should have drafted Charles Rogers.
LOL, NO....where did you get that from?

(however the scary thing is, that if Millen knew what the hell he was doing, Charley would've sat in the 3 spot and would've taken Rogers)
Old 08-14-2009   #11
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Yo, Charles Rogers is a beast.
Old 08-14-2009   #12
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yo, Charles Rogers is a beast.
Until sombody beasted on his collarbone....or gave him a crackpipe.

The fool Millen should've known.....always take the guy from the U. I still know Lion fans who ***** about that draft.....they hit on Andre, they probably don't go down their downward spiral of drafting 1st round WR busts...glad they did though.
Old 08-14-2009   #13
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Calvin Johnson isn't too bad though, but definitely glad they passed up on AJ. I'd be hella pissed if I were a Lion. Besides the paycheck of course.
Old 08-14-2009   #14
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Until sombody beasted on his collarbone....or gave him a crackpipe.

The fool Millen should've known.....always take the guy from the U. I still know Lion fans who ***** about that draft.....they hit on Andre, they probably don't go down their downward spiral of drafting 1st round WR busts...glad they did though.
It would take FAR more than AJ to save that franchise. It's been a comedy of errors for decades. I cannot fathom what Millen was thinking on draft days. He's like a poor mans CC. Rome is usually pretty upbeat about the Texans. I'm not a big fan, but he DOES give us some national love. AJ is unbelievable as a teammate AND a person. TO should take lessons from him, then maybe he could settle down and be a GREAT receiver.
Old 08-15-2009   #15
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Rome is cool in my book, does great interviews, you can get a feel just how respectfull he is during them too as in the case of AJ he is very impressed.

I just hope Andre plays injury free the rest will take care of itself
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009   #16
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Rome is cool in my book, does great interviews, you can get a feel just how respectfull he is during them too as in the case of AJ he is very impressed.

I just hope Andre plays injury free the rest will take care of itself
Rome must've learned from the "Chris" Everett incident
Old 08-15-2009   #17
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 718 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

Quote:
Calvin Johnson isn't too bad though, but definitely glad they passed up on AJ. I'd be hella pissed if I were a Lion. Besides the paycheck of course.
isn't too bad? lol, he's basically the lion's offense.

he's probably the best wr in the game. he doesn't have a good qb and they don't have a running game.
Old 08-15-2009   #18
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSlaton20 View Post
isn't too bad? lol, he's basically the lion's offense.

he's probably the best wr in the game. he doesn't have a good qb and they don't have a running game.
Way too early to say he's the best over Fitz, Moss, Our own favorite Texan, or Steve Smith. Dude is good, but there are other more established WR's that have the numbers/rings/highlights to back up calling them the best.

I'd say in 2 or 3 years though your statement would probably be true (all of it)

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read