Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-12-2009   #1
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default NFL Live 8/12

ESPN covered the Texans today. It may come on again on espn2 early evening but it should show tonight.

Merril Hodge says the Texans do not make the playoffs but....I'd like to know what that 8 ball really said.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009   #2
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx
Default Re: NFL Live 8/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Hoover View Post
ESPN covered the Texans today. It may come on again on espn2 early evening but it should show tonight.

Merril Hodge says the Texans do not make the playoffs but....I'd like to know what that 8 ball really said.
It comes on again at six however i cant wait....anything of interest that we dont already know?
Old 08-12-2009   #3
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99567 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

I got it on my DVR.....I'm watching it right now.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009   #4
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99567 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Okay...

The 8 ball doesn't say crap, it's just a prop. All the answers are already predetermined. So ESPN (Merril Hoge) says "don't count on" us making the playoffs and having a winning season. They said we don't have consistent play at the QB position . Hoge said Schaub can have brilliant games, but isn't consistent.

That's all they had to say about the Texans
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009   #5
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 114917 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

It was interesting to see all the coaches mic'ed up at practice.

I liked when Kyle asked the QBs a question and they just gave him blank stares, so he said "I want you to say no."

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009   #6
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Hoge has never been a Texan fan. He's dogged us every time we're mentioned. Him and that ********* Cris Collingsworth.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009   #7
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Okay...

The 8 ball doesn't say crap, it's just a prop. All the answers are already predetermined. So ESPN (Merril Hoge) says "don't count on" us making the playoffs and having a winning season. They said we don't have consistent play at the QB position . Hoge said Schaub can have brilliant games, but isn't consistent.

That's all they had to say about the Texans
I can agree with the inconsistent. To a point. A) He hasn't consistently been on the field. B) 8-8 record kind of shows that C) Even in our wins like Miami he was very up and down.

What they don't point out is how he has won the team over with the heart he plays with. They don't point out that all this team has done is improve since he got here.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-12-2009   #8
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I can agree with the inconsistent. To a point. A) He hasn't consistently been on the field. B) 8-8 record kind of shows that C) Even in our wins like Miami he was very up and down.

What they don't point out is how he has won the team over with the heart he plays with. They don't point out that all this team has done is improve since he got here.
I'm big on Schaub, but we DO have a losing record when he starts. I'm not saying....I'm just saying.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009   #9
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111966 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Hoge has never been a Texan fan. He's dogged us every time we're mentioned. Him and that ********* Cris Collingsworth.
Well can you really blame them? We've never even had a winning season and Schaub is not looked at around the league as a guy like a young Phillip Rivers or Aaron Rogers. He's a guy that has started for two seasons and gotten hurt twice. I can see exactly why people would be skeptical of the Texans making a big jump. We have probably one of the worst secondaries in the league currently that is all banged up right now. I think we should have enough this year to make that extra step, but until we actually do it there will be a lot of people still skeptical if whether or not we can.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009   #10
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Well can you really blame them? We've never even had a winning season and Schaub is not looked at around the league as a guy like a young Phillip Rivers or Aaron Rogers. He's a guy that has started for two seasons and gotten hurt twice. I can see exactly why people would be skeptical of the Texans making a big jump. We have probably one of the worst secondaries in the league currently that is all banged up right now. I think we should have enough this year to make that extra step, but until we actually do it there will be a lot of people still skeptical if whether or not we can.
good post. they don't see what we see...but hopefully they will soon.
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009   #11
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleytexfan View Post
good post. they don't see what we see...but hopefully they will soon.
How can they see what the Texans are doing when their heads are so far up the Cowboys' a**
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009   #12
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
How can they see what the Texans are doing when their heads are so far up the Cowboys' a**
...Or Patriots...or Steelers....or Giants...
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009   #13
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 63855 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

My advice:

Turn off the TV. Get Sirius radio. Listen to Tim and Pat between 2-6pm every day. There are also guys like Rich Gannon, Ross Tucker, Tim Hasselbeck, etc... that are on Sirius NFL radio and have very good insight.

90% of everything else is crap!
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009   #14
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleytexfan View Post
...Or Patriots...or Steelers....or Giants...
And did anyone notice Mort's Camp Tour he is on? Left Dallas...went to San Antonio. Bussed it from SA to La to see the Saints.

Drove right thru town on I-10 and had no time for the Texans.

Pretty sorry I say.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009   #15
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Hoover View Post
And did anyone notice Mort's Camp Tour he is on? Left Dallas...went to San Antonio. Bussed it from SA to La to see the Saints.

Drove right thru town on I-10 and had no time for the Texans.

Pretty sorry I say.
He said via Twitter that he will be back in Houston and that he really likes the Texans... could be lip-service though
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read