Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-12-2009   #1
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Great Kevin Walter article

I know it's the chronic, but I am a big Walter fan. Total blue-collar and love the way he plays.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/6569373.html

Not too familiar with posting links, hope I didn't violate any rules. I also know there's a better way to paste the link but not sure. Any help is welcomed.
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009   #2
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63030 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Great Kevin Walter article

I am a huge Kevin Walter fan. He is exactly the type of role player that Championship teams have to have. Plus he's really down to earth.

By the way, when you are composing a post you will see a line of icons above the text window. Most of them are pretty self explanatory (Bold, Underline, etc.). On the same line, just to the right of the paragraph tags, you will see a few icons that do some really handy things. The first one (that looks like a little globe with an infinity sign in front of it) is the link shortkey. If you highlight the text you want to become a link and then click on this globe, you can paste the link to any article you want in the box and it will turn it into a link.

Like this one

A few other nice ones are the image and quote tags.

On the same line you will see a picture that looks like a mountain on a yellow background. If you want to paste a picture, you can click on that link and then paste the link to the picture you want to show. This is how people put all those cool photos from practice in their posts.

Here is an example:

Next to the Image tag is an icon that looks like a little talk bubble. If you highlight the text you want to quote and then click on this, it will put a little box around it so you can easily separate it in your posts.

Quote:
The quote will look like this
These buttons will instantly write the code for you so you do not have to type it into your post. There are also a few buttons that instantly make a smiley for you so you don't have to write it yourself. You'll see those right next to the text window.

Hope this helps.
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009   #3
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

hey thanks, dan. Much appreciated!
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009   #4
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm a big KW fan myself and read the article this morning on chron.com. What I didn't realize was that Johnson and Walter were the leading WR duo in the NFL last season. They have a list of the leading duo's to the left of the article and below the photo. Here's a copy of the list:

Quote:
Last season, Andre Johnson and Kevin Walter combined for more yards receiving than any pair of receivers in the NFL:

2,474 (Texans)

Andre Johnson (1,575) and Kevin Walter (899)

2,469 (Cardinals)

Larry Fitzgerald (1,431) and Anquan Boldin (1,038)

2,344 (Panthers)

Steve Smith (1,421) and Muhsin Muhammad (923)

2,304 (Packers)

Greg Jennings (1,292) and Donald Driver (1,012)

2,245 (Broncos)

Brandon Marshall (1,265) and Eddie Royal (980)
That's pretty amazing considering all the pub Fitzgerald & Boldin and some of the other duo's get. I know Johnson is feared and has a growing reputation in the league, but not many people know about KW. That could change this year. JMHO!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009   #5
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Love KW. He brings so much to this team, especially with his blocking. It's what sets him apart from other #2 WRs. I still don't think we're going to re-sign him, though. I'll hate to see him go after '09 if it plays out the way I expect it to.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read