Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-11-2009   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 97370 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Johnson is strong, silent type

Quote:
Houston -- Andre Johnson, who had more catches for more yards than anybody else in the NFL last season, shuns sideshows and showboating. Ten-year-old Brant Walker admires that about his football hero.

"I haven't ever seen him jump into the stands or do anything like that. He just gives the ball to the ref," says the youngster, who got to meet Johnson recently at the Houston Texans' camp after making the 635-mile drive here from Plainview, Texas, with his mom.

Johnson also is not inclined to engage in verbal sparring on the field or in the news media.

"I've been here going on seven years now. You've never seen me talking any trash. That's not part of my game," he says.

But surely, as a star wide receiver in the NFL, he must do some give-me-the-ball lobbying?

"He doesn't have to say it because that's who we're looking for anyway," Texans quarterback Matt Schaub says.

"I'm always in tune with where he is and who is covering him and what defenses are doing. We're always trying to get him the ball."
http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/9...g,-silent-type
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009   #2
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Johnson is strong, silent type

Never talks trash, but he sure turns corners into trash. They're still picking up Cortland Finnegan's ashes off the Reliant grass.

'Dre actually admitted after that game that he went against his normal code, and did end up talking some trash in that game. I still watch it on DVR.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009   #3
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

i actually remember a game were dre wasnt getting to many balls and the one play he caught one and got up and head butted the corner... i forget who it was but it was 2-3 years ago and he got a penatly for it.... and hasnt dre jumped into the stands a few times after td's lol... so no offence to this kid but he needs to watch more texans games
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009   #4
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3602 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23 View Post
i actually remember a game were dre wasnt getting to many balls and the one play he caught one and got up and head butted the corner... i forget who it was but it was 2-3 years ago and he got a penatly for it.... and hasnt dre jumped into the stands a few times after td's lol... so no offence to this kid but he needs to watch more texans games
Dude he's 10 years old and was pretty much saying that Andre isn't a showboat a la TO.

Lol @ hammering a 10 year old over that.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009   #5
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

haha im not hammering him for it... im just saying.. lol
Old 08-11-2009   #6
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 103337 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23 View Post
It was against the Chiefs. The corner hit him late so he bounced up and got in his face.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009   #7
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDizzle View Post
Dude he's 10 years old and was pretty much saying that Andre isn't a showboat a la TO.

Lol @ hammering a 10 year old over that.
I think it's nice of you to stick up for this kid but really, if we don't call him on this then how in the world is he ever going to get raised right? He's ten years old and the Texans are starting their 8th season so I'd expect him to know this stuff. If he doesn't know basic Texans information like this then his parents aren't doing a very good job and somebody needs to step up and point this out so we can get this young man back on track. There's nothing worse than seeing a promising young person growing up without perspective and without his priorities in order.

Old 08-11-2009   #8
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I think it's nice of you to stick up for this kid but really, if we don't call him on this then how in the world is he ever going to get raised right? He's ten years old and the Texans are starting their 8th season so I'd expect him to know this stuff. If he doesn't know basic Texans information like this then his parents aren't doing a very good job and somebody needs to step up and point this out so we can get this young man back on track. There's nothing worse than seeing a promising young person growing up without perspective and without his priorities in order.

HAHAAH im glad someone agrees with me on this HAHA
Old 08-11-2009   #9
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Hervoyel's Guide to Raising a Cowboy Fan in Houston.
Old 08-11-2009   #10
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Hervoyel's Guide to Raising a Cowboy Fan in Houston.

Excuse me? I never said anything about the Cowboys. That borders on offensive to me.
Old 08-11-2009   #11
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 29181 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't believe we've invoked Godwin's Law already
gg no re is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009   #12
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44358 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post

If that happens he may grow up to be a Republican and listening to Glen Beck.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009   #13
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I remember way back when I first joined, many people doubted AJ would ever be elite.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009   #14
jppaul
Cut and Dry

Rep Power: 1193 jppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
It was against the Chiefs. The corner hit him late so he bounced up and got in his face.
I thought it was safety Sammy Knight. No that it matters a whole lot/
jppaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009   #15
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I wanted to educate the kid myself when I read it. My first reaction was "Yes he did, matter of fact FSW did a segment on it acting like Johnson, Carr and Gaffney were rehearsing how to jump in the stands because of all the jumping in the stands Dre would do with Carr and Gaffney."
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read