Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Houston Texans back on San Antonio radio!!!!

UvaldeTexan

Waterboy
It was annouced today on ESPN 1250am The Zone radio that they are the new SA home for Houston Texans football! They will broadcast all games starting saturday night vs KC! This annoucement was made on "Bringin It with "Coach A" Paul Alexander. This show runs from 12 to 3pm and Is a "Texans friendly" show. Yes it is 90% cowgirls during the football season but Paul is respectful and will talk Texans with anyone who calls in. So come on everyone call in and thank The Zone for stepping up and bring Texans football back to the radio here in SA. You can call in to the show at 210-656-ESPN and you can listen online at www.1250thezone.com

That is great news. i am glad that is the sports station that I listen too now anyways.

Thanks for passing it on Uvalde.

It was annouced today on ESPN 1250am The Zone radio that they are the new SA home for Houston Texans football! They will broadcast all games starting saturday night vs KC! This annoucement was made on "Bringin It with "Coach A" Paul Alexander. This show runs from 12 to 3pm and Is a "Texans friendly" show. Yes it is 90% cowgirls during the football season but Paul is respectful and will talk Texans with anyone who calls in. So come on everyone call in and thank The Zone for stepping up and bring Texans football back to the radio here in SA. You can call in to the show at 210-656-ESPN and you can listen online at www.1250thezone.com

beat me to the punch..it was great to hear the Texans being talked about on the radio station. I even made a call and got to talk uninterrupted Texans football. Great day in SA

I just realized it's been a while since that avatar was seen around here.

ummm.. oh yeah, and congrats for getting the team on the radio!

Speaking of 1250 ESPN the Zone...sometime last week I heard Chris Duel saying that they were going to Houston for training camp for one week. Minnix wasn't terribly happy or sad about it, but Duel agreed to go and talk Texans since he predicted both Texas teams will finish 10-6. Not sure when he'll be there but I'll try to find out! I'm going to try and call in everyday so they will do it yearly.

Wow, so jealous, but happy for our SA brethren. 1240 in the RGV USED to carry the Texans games from '02-'05. After the "disaster" they dropped the Texans like a bad habit and aren't budging. :sigh:

So, now that the Texans are on the radio, how long tilll they get on SA TV?

They do broadcast the games since most of their games are noon time and the Cowboys don't usually play till later in the day. I am surprised to hear that about the Texans, but I cant stand Minnix or Duel. I mainly just stream 610 on iTunes since its all Houston sports all the time. Being a Houstonian Transplant just got a little easier to handle in this town

They do broadcast the games since most of their games are noon time and the Cowboys don't usually play till later in the day. I am surprised to hear that about the Texans, but I cant stand Minnix or Duel. I mainly just stream 610 on iTunes since its all Houston sports all the time. Being a Houstonian Transplant just got a little easier to handle in this town

They are a little much when their Cowboy love gets to epic proportions but today Paul Alexander had Minnix on his show and they're giving a lot of love to the Texans. IMO, the Texans would have much more fans if people in SA actually took the time to compare the way the Texans run their organization vs. the Cowboys. Seems like most radio hosts/sports casters come away impressed and semi fans of the organization after meeting with the personnel and managment.

They are a little much when their Cowboy love gets to epic proportions but today Paul Alexander had Minnix on his show and they're giving a lot of love to the Texans. IMO, the Texans would have much more fans if people in SA actually took the time to compare the way the Texans run their organization vs. the Cowboys. Seems like most radio hosts/sports casters come away impressed and semi fans of the organization after meeting with the personnel and managment.

That hits close to something I always wondered about. The SA fans love their Spurs. Some of the main things they love are that they are good citizens and run their organization the right way. So you think there would be that common bond with the Texans organization, but for some reason they go the total opposite. I always wonder about that.

Did yall hear that they were broadcasting from camp? They had a lot of great Texans interviews. I wish it wasnt so busy at work yesterday, I would have been able to call in.

Alright!! Now I can listen and reset the dials on my radio! Thank God!!! I will have to send a message of much thanks :-)

Back