Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-10-2009   #1
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80847 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans logo on jerseys

Is this just a camp thing? I think it looks pretty decent.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009   #2
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans logo on jerseys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Is this just a camp thing? I think it looks pretty decent.

I stuck with my vow and didn't watch the game. I have yet to see those Basteeds in the Oiler blue, not even a small pic. I feel like a hermit! No TV, no newspaper, and NO links off FB, TT, or any other website. Just ignoring that team from Tenn with every ounce of my STEEL BLUE BLOOD!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009   #3
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I stuck with my vow and didn't watch the game. I have yet to see those Basteeds in the Oiler blue, not even a small pic. I feel like a hermit! No TV, no newspaper, and NO links off FB, TT, or any other website. Just ignoring that team from Tenn with every ounce of my STEEL BLUE BLOOD!!!
I think he was talking about the bull head on the TC jersey.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009   #4
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80847 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LOL, I feel your pain Grandma. I did watch the game and it irked me a few times, especially when I saw them wearing shirts saying "Property of Houston Oilers". However that turned into a pretty good joke itself. Nice to see they are promoting the city of a division rival and admitting they are our property. I am sure the fans in Nashville are loving that.

However all of that being said I was referring to the Texans logo the Texans are wearing on the front of their jerseys in camp. I assume that is just a camp thing however it looks pretty good. I was wondering if it has been considered for the regular season.
Old 08-10-2009   #5
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Just a camp and regular season practice thing. It's there to sell advertising space - but obviously they haven't sold the spot yet.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009   #6
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

My BAD!! lol I'm just still a little p*ssed at the whole Oiler uni thing! BUT, if it irritates the Titan fans just a LITTLE, then I guess it's ok!

I think the Texans wear a different logo on their practice jerseys just about every year. Would be nice to see something different. I've been shopping for some new Texan wear and it's hard to come by, even here in dear old H-town. The store at Reliant KILLS my pocketbook, but, I might have to resort to going there since my trip to KC is coming up..

BTW! I LOVE the "Property of Houston" thing! Might have to make a trip over to the Titans board just for FUN!! Football season is definitley upon us, Grandma is feelin FRISKY!!!! lol

Last edited by SheTexan; 08-10-2009 at 06:05 PM.
Old 08-10-2009   #7
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:
I've been shopping for some new Texan wear and it's hard to come by, even here in dear old H-town. The store at Reliant KILLS my pocketbook, but, I might have to resort to going there since my trip to KC is coming up..
I buy just about everything sports related online. You typically can't beat the prices and of course the selection is unmatched. Ebay is always the first place I look. I hardly ever visit stores anymore. That is just another way the internet has changed my life.
Sponsored links
Old 08-10-2009   #8
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My BAD!! lol I'm just still a little p*ssed at the whole Oiler uni thing! BUT, if it irritates the Titan fans just a LITTLE, then I guess it's ok!

I think the Texans wear a different logo on their practice jerseys just about every year. Would be nice to see something different. I've been shopping for some new Texan wear and it's hard to come by, even here in dear old H-town. The store at Reliant KILLS my pocketbook, but, I might have to resort to going there since my trip to KC is coming up..

BTW! I LOVE the "Property of Houston" thing! Might have to make a trip over to the Titans board just for FUN!! Football season is definitley upon us, Grandma is feelin FRISKY!!!! lol
Oh la-la !!
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009   #9
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I buy just about everything sports related online. You typically can't beat the prices and of course the selection is unmatched. Ebay is always the first place I look. I hardly ever visit stores anymore. That is just another way the internet has changed my life.
Well it's not like you can go to the local Academy store and purchase any Texans gear.
Old 08-10-2009   #10
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Just came back from the local Academy, and I have to admit they have some new stuff. They have some tee shirts now with player names and numbers, not just expensive jersey's. Some new style hats, and a couple new style lady's tee's that aren't to expensive. Some new style mugs, glasses, insulated cups/glasses, posters, towels, etc, etc. Needless to say, I am broke!Just can't walk away from Texan stuff I don't already have. My name is Sandy and I'm addicted!!:whe rewill
Old 08-10-2009   #11
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153429 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I wanted them to put a little state of Texas on their pants like the University of Michigan has their logo on their pants....I thought it would be kinda cool lookin...just sayin'

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009   #12
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I wanted them to put a little state of Texas on their pants like the University of Michigan has their logo on their pants....I thought it would be kinda cool lookin...just sayin'
Something like this?

Actually I don't think they can put anything on the pants. All NFL uniforms have the NFL logo on one leg and the Reebok logo on the other.

So how about adding the the alternate HT logo they came out with a year or two ago on the left shoulder like this?

Old 08-10-2009   #13
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

While we are at it how about an alternate helmet?

Old 08-10-2009   #14
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

This is off topic, but I like the new AFL Dallas Texans gear thats up on NFLShop.com. I would love for the Texans to use the HT logos.
Old 08-11-2009   #15
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
While we are at it how about an alternate helmet?

i think i prefer the bull on the helmet.
Old 08-11-2009   #16
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7786 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

I've often wondered why the "T"? With that logo, couldn't the state represent the "Texans" as well as the letter "T" just because of the top and how it's sandwiched into the "H"?

Somebody Photo shop savvy, can you get what I'm saying?

I've always hated the bull logo. Mostly because of it's size. If reduced by 25-35% it could be "okay" but it still reminds me of an arena logo.

Love the name, love the uni's, love the font even, just not the helmet logo.

Go Texans.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009   #17
distant_texans_fan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Just a camp and regular season practice thing. It's there to sell advertising space - but obviously they haven't sold the spot yet.
I'd love to be able to buy one of those. Over here, genuine football jerseys are not common and it would set me apart from all the guys with cheap chinese knock offs.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read