Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-08-2009   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 87466 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Boo-birds let Broncos know how they feel

Quote:
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – The largest crowd ever to watch a Denver Broncos practice didn't much like what it saw.

New quarterback Kyle Orton, acquired from Chicago for Pro Bowl passer Jay Cutler in the biggest NFL trade of the offseason, was booed by the crowd of 13,402 at his unofficial debut at Invesco Field when he threw two interceptions and several bad passes during a structured scrimmage Thursday night.

Orton drew the fans' ire when he was picked off twice by cornerback Andre' Goodman, the second of which was returned for a long touchdown.

"I had a good day," Goodman said in a lonely sentiment afterward.

Orton also was jeered when he threw behind receiver Chad Jackson, again when he missed a wide-open Jabar Gaffney in the end zone and also when he floated a pass down the middle that Champ Bailey busted up.

"Fans can cheer. They can boo," Orton said. "We've got good fans, and they're passionate about their football, that's for sure."

Orton wasn't alone in the fans' disapproval.

The crowd also booed punter Brett Kern for a pair of poor punts and also let kicker Matt Prater have it for missing consecutive 43-yard field goal attempts at the end of the scrimmage, one to the right and one way left.

"I heard a few boos. I had heard them during other boos and then I missed a kick and really heard the boos," Prater said. "That's part of the business."
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090807/...n_broncos_camp

could be a long season for the boncos (yes I spelled it that way)
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009   #2
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Boo-birds let Broncos know how they feel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post

I think it will be more like the Bozos.
Old 08-08-2009   #3
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

If they made those mistakes in a game ok boo if you want.

but to boo at a practice seems a bit dramatic to me....
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009   #4
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD View Post

I dont think this was a normal practice. This was the first scrimmage after the debacle that has become Josh McDaniels. I would have booed too
Old 08-08-2009   #5
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

well it still seems a bit extreme to boo them but it's that person's choice I guess.

I'd save my boo's up for a game that really counted...and lots of people don't agree or like booing your team at all.

I see both sides of it.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009   #6
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Considering the riffs McDaniels started... I'd boo 'em too. That franchise was a healthy one in severe rebuild mode with not much to show for it. I'd boo louder than the average person. Now is the time to let the organization know that one is not happy with their moves. Not in games but training camp when not so many eyes are on them.
Old 08-08-2009   #7
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's practice for the fans, too. There will be plenty of booing going on at Invesco this season.
Old 08-08-2009   #8
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

lol

Simms is gonna start by week 5.
Old 08-08-2009   #9
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9887 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Boo-birds let Broncos know how they feel

Quote:

Good... they've won games even while being slapped around. It's about time they lose because of their own mistakes
Old 08-09-2009   #10
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

The second the Broncos start to win the fans will cheer McDaniels. Based on the offense that McDaniels is hoping to establish, Orton should be more than capable. The Defense last year was abysmal and will be better. They will likely drop off a bit offensively but the D should be better. Their Division stinks, so I predict they will end up 2nd with about 6 wins next year.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009   #11
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
The second the Broncos start to win the fans will cheer McDaniels. Based on the offense that McDaniels is hoping to establish, Orton should be more than capable. The Defense last year was abysmal and will be better. They will likely drop off a bit offensively but the D should be better. Their Division stinks, so I predict they will end up 2nd with about 6 wins next year.
pretty reasonable prediction. all they have to do is win half their divisional games and win 3 out of the remaining 10.

i do think its gonna be a tough season though and lots of boo-birds. McDaniels has probably had the worst beginning to a head coaching career in the history of the NFL and they spent 3 1st Round picks and didn't address the QB position.
Old 08-09-2009   #12
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
But considering he took over a team that won 8 games last year, and would have gone to the playoffs (albeit undeservedly) if they could have managed to win even one of their last three games, do you really think the fanbase will understand and cheer McDaniels for a 6 win season?

We cheered Kubiak for going 6-10 in his first year (well, lots of us did), but taking over a team that had just gone through a Bataan Death March of a season is a little different than taking over a team who's fans were expecting a division title right up to the end (see previous undeserved disclaimer).
Old 08-09-2009   #13
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 42267 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I predict, oh screw it. The Denver Broncos are now on the clock.......

With the first pick in the 2010 NFL draft the Denver Broncos select QB from OU Sam Bradford.

TEXANRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009   #14
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
With the first pick in the 2010 NFL draft the Denver Broncos select QB from OU Sam Bradford.
The Broncos don't own a 2010 1st round pick. That potential #1 overall selection would belong to the Seattle Seahawks.
Old 08-09-2009   #15
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
The Broncos don't own a 2010 1st round pick. That potential #1 overall selection would belong to the Seattle Seahawks.
And they select Tim Tebow ... buying into the hype.
Old 08-09-2009   #16
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 42267 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How did the Seahawks end up with the Broncos #1?

TEXANRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009   #17
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 274145 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

It might be the fans first chance to let McDaniels know what they think about letting go of their franchise QB. Just sayin'...
Old 08-10-2009   #18
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
It might be the fans first chance to let McDaniels know what they think about letting go of their franchise QB. Just sayin'...
Yup.

That Orton - Cutler trade would be like Rick Smith trading AJ to the Giants for David Tyree and a sixer of Milwaukee's Best. You'd be pissed, too, and probably inclined to boo the first thing you could.
Old 08-10-2009   #19
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
I predict, oh screw it. The Denver Broncos are now on the clock.......

They'd better select McCoy if they have the first pick.

I'm no UT homer. Red Raiders are my college team, and the leadership he exhibited against TTU in that game in Lubbock was awesome. I actually found that I admired a UT player for a change.

Colt is going to be the shizz in the NFL, IMO. Very Elway'ish. Tough, gritty, determined, and almost held everything together when it looked like it was over against TTU.
Old 08-10-2009   #20
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58770 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
They'd better select McCoy if they have the first pick.

I'm no UT homer. Red Raiders are my college team, and the leadership he exhibited against TTU in that game in Lubbock was awesome. I actually found that I admired a UT player for a change.

Colt is going to be the shizz in the NFL, IMO. Very Elway'ish. Tough, gritty, determined, and almost held everything together when it looked like it was over against TTU.
No, Bradford will be the top QB of the draft class. McCoy will be above average, but not an all-star. McCoy is a great college QB, but I dont see him as a great pro QB.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read