Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-10-2009   #141
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 63823 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dunta speaks about Returning and the Franchise tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
I just don't understand how one could blame Smith or the FO in this situation if you believe that the player is overvaluing and asking for more money than he's worth. How can you have it both ways here?

This just smells like another one of those "players are sacred and can do no wrong and the FO can do no right" blame games.
There is more than one player having trouble negotiating with Smith. Not understanding how BOTH sides of a negotiation can share the blame when things aren't working out "just smells like another one of those "FO is sacred and can do no wrong and the players can do no right" blame games."
Old 08-11-2009   #142
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95473 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
There is more than one player having trouble negotiating with Smith. Not understanding how BOTH sides of a negotiation can share the blame when things aren't working out "just smells like another one of those "FO is sacred and can do no wrong and the players can do no right" blame games."
Well, if Charlie Casserly were still here, Dunta would be in camp right now, with a big shit-eatin grin on his face.

You see what's wrong with that picture?

I kinda understand if Rick Smith is being a little overly cautious right now. He inherited a really bad football team, and what's worse, he inherited a really bad football team in salary-cap hell, with dead money that took him 3 years to get out from underneath of.

So, if he's keeping that in mind when negotiating future contracts with players, well, I can't say as I blame him.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009   #143
Coonass Texan
"You Big Dummy"

This conflict seems to have gotten to the point of "No-Return". The Texans should agree not to franchise him next year and trade him for something by trade deadline. If he is having a "Pro-Bowl" type season by the trade deadline, well we can keep him if no offers stick out there.

Don't get me wrong, I like Dunta, but if he is disgruntled........we may be spending too much time trying to salvage something that can't be fixed. He's under contract this year and we need to get him on the field asap for this year's team.......

For now Rick.......Get Owen and Demeco locked up!
Old 08-11-2009   #144
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Hmmmmmm is it me or is the above posters SN and sign slightly offensive.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009   #145
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Well, if Charlie Casserly were still here, Dunta would be in camp right now, with a big shit-eatin grin on his face.

I kinda understand if Rick Smith is being a little overly cautious right now. He inherited a really bad football team, and what's worse, he inherited a really bad football team in salary-cap hell, with dead money that took him 3 years to get out from underneath of.

So, if he's keeping that in mind when negotiating future contracts with players, well, I can't say as I blame him.
Egg-zackly.
Old 08-11-2009   #146
Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post

The contract part of it has been over with for a while...

My minor gripe with Rick Smith is the fact that he won't budge as far as agreeing not to franchise him next year...

Forget the money...All he has to do is agree not to franchise him next year...

I'm not understanding why he won't atleast meet Dunta to that point....
Old 08-11-2009   #147
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
Hmmmmmm is it me or is the above posters SN and sign slightly offensive.
It did not offend me. I actually had to look it up since I had not heard that term before.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-11-2009   #148
Dr2bKay
All Pro

Section: 116 Bull Pen Baby
Rep Power: 379 Dr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
It did not offend me. I actually had to look it up since I had not heard that term before.
edited...

Carry on...

Last edited by Dr2bKay; 08-11-2009 at 09:45 PM. Reason: so over it...
Dr2bKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009   #149
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 321362 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2bKay View Post
Did you really??? Not really surprised though....

The coon caricature is one of the most insulting of all anti-Black caricatures. The name itself, an abbreviation of raccoon, is dehumanizing. As with Sambo, the coon was portrayed as a lazy, easily frightened, chronically idle, inarticulate, buffoon.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...%20ass%20nigga

Carry on...

On the other hand, "coon ass" is used by Texans to refer to people from Louisiana regardless of race. So, this guy might not mean anything racial in his name; he may be referring to his place of birth.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009   #150
Dr2bKay
All Pro

Section: 116 Bull Pen Baby
Rep Power: 379 Dr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
On the other hand, "coon ass" is used by Texans to refer to people from Louisiana regardless of race. So, this guy might not mean anything racial in his name; he may be referring to his place of birth.
Thanks...I am not a Texan or from Louisiana. Hopefully, the OP is referring to his place of birth.
Dr2bKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009   #151
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21314 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post

There have been numerous posts regarding setting a precedent for future negotiations and that would be the main reason most likely.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009   #152
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 107813 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

My minor gripe with Rick Smith is the fact that he won't budge as far as agreeing not to franchise him next year...

Referring back to TC's blog in the Chron, given all the Pro-Bowl level players who've signed franchise tenders with no agreement not to re-franchise, what makes you believe the Texans should agree to his request/demand? What makes Dunta worth doing this for, when players like Peppers, Asomugha, and Lance Briggs haven't needed (or at least haven't gotten) it?
Old 08-11-2009   #153
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 321362 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thanks...I am not a Texan or from Louisiana. Hopefully, the OP is referring to his place of birth.
Unfortunately, I was born in Louisiana.
Old 08-11-2009   #154
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 78716 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Coonass, Swamp runner, ect....pretty much anyone from south LA.

Kinda like if your from East Texas your a truck driven Hillbilly Redneck.

Its all in fun.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009   #155
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 78716 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
and now you live in Dallas. Your battin an O'fer.

Old 08-11-2009   #156
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Coonass is anyone from La who is not a true Cajun ... I was born in Luling La but I am not a Cajun.
Old 08-12-2009   #157
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
I lived in Houston from 3 until 26. It's my hometown. I've lived in 13 different places in the intervening 21 years.

I'll get back home some day.
Old 08-12-2009   #158
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Quote:
I lived in Houston from 3 until 26. It's my hometown. I've lived in 13 different places in the intervening 21 years.

Well hurry up and get back.

Old 08-12-2009   #159
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

So you want to let one of your better players leave with no compensation for the team? Give Dunta the freedom and he is gone and we have nothing to show for it.

Personally if he does not come in when two-a-days are over, then I am giving his agent permission to find a trade. And I think Dunta will be shocked when teams are not lining up to pay him $10M this season. Especially as we get closer to real games.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009   #160
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Well hurry up and get back.

funny shit.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read