Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

View Poll Results: Who would you rather have on this team this year for the same amount of money?
Chris Gamble 22 50.00%
Dunta (pre-injury) 19 43.18%
Dunta (post-injury) 3 6.82%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-2009   #1
Ckw

Default Dunta or Chris Gamble: Who do you take?

Due to the recent debate over Dunta Robinson's value to this team and the rumors that Dunta was offered Chris Gamble type money, who would you rather have on this team this year if they both were offered the same contract?
Old 08-07-2009   #2
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dunta or Chris Gamble: Who do you take?

Gamble
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009   #3
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Gamble
I agree with you, but why? The poll showed up a bit after you posted so you will need to vote. Would your answer be the same if you could have Dunta pre-injury or would it remain the same?

Personally, I would take Chris Gamble regardless of Dunta's injury status. The guy is almost as good of a tackler as Dunta and is better in coverage. If one looks at the career numbers, they aren't that far apart but Gamble has been much more consistent. If you remove Dunta's rookie season from the equation, he is an average corner at best.
Old 08-07-2009   #4
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
I agree with you, but why? The poll showed up a bit after you posted so you will need to vote. Would your answer be the same if you could have Dunta pre-injury or would it remain the same?

Personally, I would take Chris Gamble regardless of Dunta's injury status. The guy is almost as good of a tackler as Dunta and is better in coverage. If one looks at the career numbers, they aren't that far apart but Gamble has been much more consistent. If you remove Dunta's rookie season from the equation, he is an average corner at best.
Even if it were before the injury, he is better in coverage and I think that's the biggest need right now for us. At this point in Dunta's career, a move to safety really might not be a bad idea at all.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009   #5
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Even if it were before the injury, he is better in coverage and I think that's the biggest need right now for us. At this point in Dunta's career, a move to safety really might not be a bad idea at all.
Agreed but does he have the size to make the move? If he has lost a step, then I think it is the best thing for him. I honestly believe he would make a VERY good safety, but he probably isn't big enough to play the position. That being said if he put on some weight, he would actually be bigger than Bob Sanders.

I made this a public poll just so everyone knows. Diehard, you are the first one to vote Dunta pre-injury. I would love to hear your thoughts on why.
Old 08-07-2009   #6
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 106068 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Make that 2 votes...

I thought Dunta was just starting to get better at coverage when he got injured. There's NO doubt in my mind that he's a harder hitter than Gamble and that's just something that gets in the head of WRs.
disaacks3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009   #7
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

The pre/post injury options of Dunta are retarded. Who would want a guy who's been injured. Of course all would take the pre on that. There should only be two options on this poll.
Old 08-07-2009   #8
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

before I vote, any particular reason we are comparing just Gamble to Dunta?
Old 08-07-2009   #9
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 97647 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
before I vote, any particular reason we are comparing just Gamble to Dunta?
They came out in the same draft, and Dunta is rumored to have been offered a similar contract to what Gamble received this year.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009   #10
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
The pre/post injury options of Dunta are retarded. Who would want a guy who's been injured. Of course all would take the pre on that. There should only be two options on this poll.
I disagree. It is simply a way of judging people's devotion to Dunta and how good they believe he can be. The point is to see whether or not Dunta post-injury is worth Chris Gamble money. If someone believes that, they should actually vote on Dunta post-injury. And I really feel like negative repping you for the retarded comment.

I'm really not sure what we would have done without your enlightened response.

Last edited by Ckw; 08-07-2009 at 07:32 PM.
Old 08-09-2009   #11
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted Gamble, I believe that if your going to PAY a corner they better be able to cover.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009   #12
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

Dunta
Old 08-09-2009   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

ON the topic of mooving Dunta to Corner... uh, I mean Safety, since he supposedly plays corner right now.

He is too small. I know he plays like one, but that's only at the LOS. You move him 10 yards off, and give that RB a head of steam, you'll just hurt Robinson.

We would be much better using a Nickel package as our base D. Take Cushing off the field, since he might not be really ready anyway, and Keep Dunta near the LOS. As poorly as our LBs have played in the past, we should have been doing something similar all along. But we've never had more than 2 viable starting CBs. With the signing of O'Neal, Jacques, Bennette, and the possibility Dunta may play this year, we should be able to find 2 starters, and a highly capable nickel.

I can't think of anyone to play that highly capable nickel other than Dunta. It plays to his strengths, he'll play in the backfield, get after the QB, and cover a slot receiver/tight end every now & then.
Old 08-09-2009   #14
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I disagree. It is simply a way of judging people's devotion to Dunta and how good they believe he can be. The point is to see whether or not Dunta post-injury is worth Chris Gamble money. If someone believes that, they should actually vote on Dunta post-injury. And I really feel like negative repping you for the retarded comment.

Nonono no no... I gotta bank on the post-injured Dunta over the pre-injured Dunta!! No way was Dunta a better football player before he ripped the muscle off his bone!

Lol.

Neg rep me all you want but that's retarded anyway you look at it. Put out two options and we've got a real poll. Post injury Dunta vs Gamble makes sense but... whatever floats your boat, mate.
Old 08-09-2009   #15
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 15877 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going with Chris Gamble because he has done more in his career then Dunta Robinson. Gamble is a better CB IMO then Robinson and I would love to have Gamble on our squad, at least he can grab picks.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
I'm going with Chris Gamble because he has done more in his career then Dunta Robinson. Gamble is a better CB IMO then Robinson and I would love to have Gamble on our squad, at least he can grab picks.
Are you sure about that? I mean Gamble got to play behind Peppers & Jenkins.... Dunta was playing behind Babin & Johnson for most of his career.
Old 08-09-2009   #17
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Nonono no no... I gotta bank on the post-injured Dunta over the pre-injured Dunta!! No way was Dunta a better football player before he ripped the muscle off his bone!

Lol.

Neg rep me all you want but that's retarded anyway you look at it. Put out two options and we've got a real poll. Post injury Dunta vs Gamble makes sense but... whatever floats your boat, mate.
Your argument holds no merit if you believe the poll should be post-injury Dunta vs Gamble. The entire point is to see whether or not people believe Dunta is still going to be a better choice than Chris Gamble or whether Dunta was a better choice than Gamble before the injury.

It seems everyone else is getting it but you, so who is the one being retarded, mate.
Old 08-09-2009   #18
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Your argument holds no merit if you believe the poll should be post-injury Dunta vs Gamble. The entire point is to see whether or not people believe Dunta is still going to be a better choice than Chris Gamble or whether Dunta was a better choice than Gamble before the injury.

It seems everyone else is getting it but you, so who is the one being retarded, mate.
No. No, I don't get it. What difference does it make? We'll never get the pre injury Dunta back. Nobody will. We only have Dunta and Gamble to choose from. What really is the point of this poll? There are people (like me) who believe that post-injury Dunta is better than Gamble but since there's an option for a pre-injury Dunta... guess which one gets selected. This poll is skewed by this factor alone because the votes for Dunta get split.
Old 08-09-2009   #19
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Due to the recent debate over Dunta Robinson's value to this team and the rumors that Dunta was offered Chris Gamble type money, who would you rather have on this team this year if they both were offered the same contract?
Dunta is much better than Gamble. Just remeber the 2007 season when Steve Smith was torching petey faggins and dunta locked him up the whole second half. In that same game Andre was killing both Gamble and Lucas and the beating never stopped until the game was over. Dunta before the injury is much better and I think the Texans would have paid him a little more than Gamble money until the injury. I had Dunta rated up there with Asante Samuel but not as high as Nmande.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009   #20
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36121 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I see nitro's point. The question states "Who would you rather have on this team this year for the same amount of money?" Nobody in their right mind will pick Dunta after the injury. I will take paying Dunta the same amount before the injury.

btw I voted Gamble in the poll. They seem to have the same production, I haven't heard him call out his QB, and he doesn't seem to be causing his team any problems. I believe Dunta will bolt once he hits free agency.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read