Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-06-2009   #1
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Conflicting reports: Jeremiah Johnson waived - or placed on IR

Unfortunately, the official site says - waived.

Wow. I did not see that coming. I predicted he would end up stashed on IR... but apparently not.

Chron.com had reported that he was placed on IR... but now on the official site's transaction page says he was flat-out waived.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009   #2
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Conflicting reports: Jeremiah Johnson waived - or placed on IR

Interesting. I guess he was really not showing a whole lot in TC and the front office wanted to give him a chance to catch on somewhere. I think it also shows that Arian has been outperforming him and may become to Slaton backup.

It also says we signed former Bronco RB Andre Hall. Hall is 5'10 210 lbs. In 2008 he averaged 4.5 ypc, had 360 total yards, and 2 tds. Apparently he can run and catch. At his combine he benched 225lbs 18X and had a 4.46 40 time. Here is what was said in 2006:

POSITIVES: Elusive ball carrier with the ability to create. Patient, waits for blocks to develop and runs low to the ground. Finds the cutback lanes and runs with terrific balance. Sets up defenders, making them miss and keeps runs alive. Solid receiver out of the backfield.

NEGATIVES: Undersized, cannot handle a lot of carries and lacks power. Must pick up the intensity of his blocking.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011

Last edited by awtysst; 08-06-2009 at 08:38 PM.
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009   #3
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

I've really been on the Foster bandwagon, so I might have a little bias, but Arian really looked bigger, quicker and faster the one practice I attended.
I really didn't think it was close at all, but others were saying it looked like a close competition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009   #4
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11998 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Very sorry to see him go. I thought he might end up on IR or PS for later use. Can they still put him on the PS later?
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009   #5
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
I've really been on the Foster bandwagon, so I might have a little bias, but Arian really looked bigger, quicker and faster the one practice I attended.
I really didn't think it was close at all, but others were saying it looked like a close competition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like Foster too. I was very excited when we signed him as a UDFA, and I think he'll prove to be a valuable addition to the team.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009   #6
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

From the moment we drafted both, it was always Foster for me. Potential, size, and just a better fit for our need.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009   #7
stevn8r
Zombie

Section: 117 Row F 18-19
Rep Power: 197 stevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to stevn8r

from what I saw at TC, foster is the man! I hope this lil' Hammy thing is over soon so he can get back on the field!
Old 08-06-2009   #8
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Same here. Always preferred Foster, because Johnson was more of a Slaton-type back... a guy who could back Slaton up, but not be the complimentary bruiser we're in need of.

Still, I would have liked to see him make it at the bottom of the RB depth chart.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 08-06-2009   #9
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 615 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Johnson has been injured this training camp and needs shoulder surgery.

Johnson gets carries: Rookie running back Jeremiah Johnson, who has a dislocated shoulder that pops in and out, wonít get any contact during this training camp.
He was on the field Thursday morning because the Texans didnít have pads on. The coaches wanted to see him get the ball, make the right cut and go. Johnson looked good running and receiving. Itís looking more and more like heís going to have to undergo shoulder surgery and be replaced on injured reserve whether itís with the Texans or another team. - JOHN McCLAIN

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/6562984.html
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009   #10
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 615 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
From the moment we drafted both, it was always Foster for me. Potential, size, and just a better fit for our need.
We didn't draft either one. They both were undrafted FA.
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009   #11
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Yeah, the shoulder injury has been out there a while. The Texans knew it when they picked him up, and it hit the media a couple of weeks later. I guess he didn't show quite enough for them to put him on IR, otherwise why take the chance that someone else will sign him then stash him on IR?

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 08-06-2009   #12
KMG 365
Veteran

Rep Power: 1251 KMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Unfortunately, the official site says - waived.

Wow. I did not see that coming. I predicted he would end up stashed on IR... but apparently not.

Chron.com had reported that he was placed on IR... but now on the official site's transaction page says he was flat-out waived.
Nick over at HT.com says that Johnson was waived/injured. It's different than flat-out waived. He says that if no team picks him up then Jeremiah will be put on IR.
KMG 365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009   #13
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1065 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

After nearly throwing my beer bottle at the TV after not drafting Jennings int he 7th, I was more than pleased to see us pick up Foster. If Foster is back to his junior year form, the Texans will have the most dynamic backfield in football for the next couple of years. Foaster was a sure fire 1st rounder had he come out after his junior year. But he got hurt at the end of the season. Foster is a good back. I just hope that he can stay healthy.
Old 08-06-2009   #14
Houston_Fanatic
Veteran

Rep Power: 1008 Houston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

J. Johnson looked pedestrian to me at the one practice I went to - nothing to get excited about. Arian looked much stronger. So did Moats. Chris Brown looked solid but I think I would rather have Arian over Brown.
Houston_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009   #15
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 108546 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
It also says we signed former Bronco RB Andre Hall.
I'm guessing that Selvin Young is still recovering from injury, or he's not big enough to be a complimentary back.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009   #16
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 288222 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston_Fanatic View Post
J. Johnson looked pedestrian to me at the one practice I went to - nothing to get excited about. Arian looked much stronger. So did Moats. Chris Brown looked solid but I think I would rather have Arian over Brown.
I'd like to keep Foster AND Brown.

anyone else find it weird that we've gone thru 3 RBs, injury-wise, and NONE of them is named Chris Brown?
whodda thunkit?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009   #17
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I'd like to keep Foster AND Brown.

anyone else find it weird that we've gone thru 3 RBs, injury-wise, and NONE of them is named Chris Brown?
whodda thunkit?
I think it is time we jumpstart Ahman Greene's career with odds like that.

I am a Christian

Philippians 4:13
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009   #18
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21216 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going to have to vent on a soapbox for a moment. I think the 80 player limit for TC is absurd. These guys start getting dings and pulls and they can't practice which means the other players are doing more reps in 100 degree heat causing them to increase their risk of injury. Isn't the TC player compensation something like $2000 a week for vets and $1000 for rookies? Adding 10 players wouldn't cost a team that much money. Most teams would probably bring in mostly younger players anyways. Figure a month of extra bodies couldn't cost more than $50,000. Considering the cost to the team if a major contributor gets hurt I would think it would be a no brainer. I'm done now.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009   #19
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMG 365 View Post
Nick over at HT.com says that Johnson was waived/injured. It's different than flat-out waived. He says that if no team picks him up then Jeremiah will be put on IR.
Right - but he's still been waived. Their intentions on what to do with him if he clears waivers doesn't change the waiver process - unless there's something I'm not aware of, which is of course possible if not probable, LOL.

I guess the Chronicle just jumped the gun in assuming he would clear waivers, and that's where my confusion came from.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 08-07-2009   #20
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I'm pretty sure you could have gotten about 500/1 odds in Vegas that it wouldn't have gone down that way.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read