Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-02-2005   #1
SharperFan
Rookie

Default David Patten?

Dear Texans fans!

what about signing UFA WR David Patten from the Patriots. I know that Chris Palmer signed him in Cleveland a few years ago and he played good.

What about him? Any other names outthere?

Go Texans!
SharperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005   #2
SESupergenius

My philosophy is if you can get a player from a 3-4 Playoff team then you should do your best to bring him in.
Old 02-02-2005   #3
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
My philosophy is if you can get a player from a 3-4 Playoff team then you should do your best to bring him in.

when you say 3-4, do you mean 3-4 defense??? Cause Patten is a WR and has nothing to do with the defense...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005   #4
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

yeah i dunno i feel we already have a strong core of WR for next season !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005   #5
SESupergenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy

when you say 3-4, do you mean 3-4 defense??? Cause Patten is a WR and has nothing to do with the defense...
sorry you are confused. I did state 3-4 PLAYOFF team. Patten is certainly a part of that that category. I'll be a little more expansive since you need me to draw it all out for you. If we have the chance to go after a player who is on a team that has made the playoffs OR if that certain player is a defensive player and the team who made the Playoffs runs a 3-4 defense then we should go after him, since of couse we run the 3-4 defense. Gee I hope that cleared it all up for you. Whew.

Last edited by SESupergenius; 02-02-2005 at 09:56 PM.
Old 02-02-2005   #6
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
If we have the chance to go after a player who is on a team that has made the playoffs and if that certain player is a defensive player and the team who made the Playoffs runs a 3-4 defense then we should go after him, since of couse we run the 3-4 defense. Gee I hope that cleared it all up for you. Whew.
Patten is not defense, he is a WR...
still

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Old 02-02-2005   #7
SESupergenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Patten is not defense, he is a WR...
still
read the word PLAYOFF, subtract 3-4 (this is only intended for defensive players, obviously) then that will lead you to the promise land. It's a blanket statement, no need to pick it apart by stating the obvious. This is going to be a long off-season.
Sponsored links
Old 02-02-2005   #8
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
read the word PLAYOFF, subtract 3-4 (this is only intended for defensive players, obviously) then that will lead you to the promise land. It's a blanket statement, no need to pick it apart by stating the obvious. This is going to be a long off-season.
lol, ok. I get it now. whew...

Old 02-02-2005   #9
BornOrange
All Pro

Rep Power: 15 BornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVP

I guess the word "or" was too long to include in his original post.
BornOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005   #10
SESupergenius

Ah yes, BornOrange, typing expert.....or troll.
Old 02-03-2005   #11
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I say go for it. Out of all those WR, he is probably the better one and he plays a very physical style.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005   #12
Crazygomer
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
yeah i dunno i feel we already have a strong core of WR for next season !
What WR's? The only one that is a sure thing is Andre Johnson!!! Everyone is saying the Texans have this "AMAZING" offense !!! Yes we do have David Carr, and yes we have somewhat of a good line! We have NO TE and a huge ? when it comes to are rushing games (and yes I do know that they were all not a 100%)! We need help, we sign all these WR to practice squad and other things that are nobodys and are not going to be here! People are saying that Bradford will be gone, and Jabar has not really proven himself..........so who else is there??? Please someone tell me if I'm leaving someone out, because I really think we need help with are WR crew, O and JJ.......is 5'6'! Well Please someone tell me why people are talking crazy or did I just watch 16 total different games this year (NO, I'm not stupid we did break out in a "FEW")!
Crazygomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005   #13
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't say our WR corp is the best but we certainly are promising and do have talent. Gaffney improved a whole lot this season and could be a really good #3 if we get an awesome #2 to go along side AJ.
Old 02-03-2005   #14
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazygomer
What WR's? The only one that is a sure thing is Andre Johnson!!! Everyone is saying the Texans have this "AMAZING" offense !!! Yes we do have David Carr, and yes we have somewhat of a good line! We have NO TE and a huge ? when it comes to are rushing games (and yes I do know that they were all not a 100%)! We need help, we sign all these WR to practice squad and other things that are nobodys and are not going to be here! People are saying that Bradford will be gone, and Jabar has not really proven himself..........so who else is there??? Please someone tell me if I'm leaving someone out, because I really think we need help with are WR crew, O and JJ.......is 5'6'! Well Please someone tell me why people are talking crazy or did I just watch 16 total different games this year (NO, I'm not stupid we did break out in a "FEW")!

haha have you ever heard of D. Armstrong, or perhaps jabar gaffney, and of course Andre Johnnson ???? We may need a speedy outside reciever to fill Bradfords spot but other than that it looks like we are in pretty good shape at the WR position !
Old 02-03-2005   #15
Chawky1
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazygomer
and yes we have somewhat of a good line!
That's being rather generous.
Chawky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005   #16
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chawky1
That's being rather generous.
The Line needs alot of work, via FA, and Draft.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005   #17
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

well if we were gonna work on the O-Line that would be nice but casserly and company already said there will most likly be no changes to the Line this year. I guess they figure that the line will Gel together with time ! Who knows but i'm sure they have the best of intentions in mind !
Old 02-03-2005   #18
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

we are going to probably try and upgrade the WR position in free agency, Bradford will go somewhere else, i'm thinking Jerry Porter might be someone to look at.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005   #19
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

I mentioned earlier in the season that Jerry Porter would make a nice fit. He can still stretch a D, and he has very dependable hands, and can provide some veteran leadership and playoff experience.
Old 02-03-2005   #20
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

plus Jerry Porter is still young at 26 years old, and at 6'2 220 is a big target. He is coming off a 64 catch 998 yard 9TD season.

would be a great bookend to Johnson.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read