Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 08-05-2009   #1
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default VY says he will be in the HOF and the next black QB to win SB

http://www.esquire.com/features/what...biography-0909

Quote:
I don't know when I'll start again. But I will be the next black quarterback to win a Super Bowl. And I will be in the Hall of Fame.
However this was the first thing for him to say ...

Quote:
Quarterbacking is all in the legs. You don't even really need a good arm. Of course, I work on it all, but it's all in the legs.
Don't need a good arm in the NFL? OK, I guess we'll see about that.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: VY says he will be in the HOF and the next black QB to win SB

looks like he has this all cifered out now. That demotion sure turned him around!

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009   #3
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe he does manage to turn it around, but I see him being in the HOF as a paying visitor.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009   #4
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 30608 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

One also needs some intelligence.

It also helps if one is the "starting" QB on a team.
Old 08-05-2009   #5
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post

VY , Vick , Brady , Manning , all 4.4 forties .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009   #6
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh god, here comes the next "Bash VY" thread on TT.

Well, he certainly keeps opening up his mouth and giving people ammunition to spray him with, when he continues to make these foolish comments like this.

Vince, how about being the next QB to start for the Titans first. Work on simply becoming a starter. Baby steps, baby steps, man.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009   #7
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 412969 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Oh god, here comes the next "Bash VY" thread on TT.

Well, he certainly keeps opening up his mouth and giving people ammunition to spray him with, when he continues to make these foolish comments like this.

Vince, how about being the next QB to start for the Titans first. Work on simply becoming a starter. Baby steps, baby steps, man.
Does it really count as bashing when the guy does it to himself?

Pretty sure Hookem is not a VY hater either.
Old 08-05-2009   #8
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

The Eagles look ready to challenge deeply into the playoffs and they actually have a black guy as a starting QB so I think VY's chances are slimmer than McNabb's.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009   #9
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Does it really count as bashing when the guy does it to himself?

I wasn't referring to Hookem as a hater Icak.

If you read my post you'd see that I acknowledged that VY gave the ammunition for this and said that his comments were foolish, so you're taking what I said and making it into something else.
Old 08-05-2009   #10
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
As long as he is on Bud's payroll all bets are off. His "this is my house" crap at Reliant didn't help his cause either.

Unlike many Longhorn fans my rooting interest for UT players ceases when they trade in their burnt orange for their NFL colors unless they play for a team I root for. If VY ever ends up playing for the Texans then I will wish him all the best.

BTW, us Austin area Texans fans had to put up with a lot of crap because of VY. Sure I know it's not his fault however him failing at the NFL has made that situation a lot better around here.

Also I started this thread in the Rivalry section. Bashing Titans players is a good part of what this section is all about.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009   #11
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
As long as he is on Bud's payroll all bets are off. His "this is my house" crap at Reliant didn't help his cause either.

Unlike many Longhorn fans my rooting interest for UT players ceases when they trade in their burnt orange for their NFL colors unless they play for a team I root for. If VY ever ends up playing for the Texans then I will wish him all the best.

BTW, us Austin area Texans fans had to put up with a lot of crap because of VY. Sure I know it's not his fault however him failing at the NFL has made that situation a lot better around here.
Amen. I feel the same way.

Although I will admit I can't help myself from cheering for Michael Griffin whenever the Titans aren't playing us.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 396984 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I sense another VY meltdown on the horizon.
Old 08-05-2009   #13
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 188528 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I wish you a Merry Christmas. I wish you a Merry Christmas, but stay away from the egg nog and Santy's reindeer!
Old 08-05-2009   #14
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 412969 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I wasn't referring to Hookem as a hater Icak.

If you read my post you'd see that I acknowledged that VY gave the ammunition for this and said that his comments were foolish, so you're taking what I said and making it into something else.
You referred to him as a basher, I involked hater. Just fooling around. Turns out maybe hookem does have more glee than I thought at this.

Geez, VY needs to shut up and wait out Kerry's contract or for an injury.
Old 08-05-2009   #15
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 158369 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

My first reaction to the headline was "Has VY been hanging around the (former) Cowboys coke heads and sampling too much?"
disaacks3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009   #16
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
You referred to him as a basher, I involked hater. Just fooling around. Turns out maybe hookem does have more glee than I thought at this.

Geez, VY needs to shut up and wait out Kerry's contract or for an injury.
I wasn't trying to refer to him, I was just referring to people on this board in general because of "the appetite" for crushing the guy.

However, he continues to open up his mouth and sound foolish and immature, so the water falls of VY threads will most likely continue as he puts so many toes in his mouth. I can't really blame anyone for it with his recent comments over the last few months including this.

I think one of the bigger problems with him is that dumb agent of his, that doesn't have clue how to manage an athlete with VY being his one and only guy. His agent doesn't know how to control what he says to the media, and any smart agent would have put a muzzle on Vince a long time ago and not let him just run his mouth off like this over and over.
Old 08-05-2009   #17
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

IDK he could be accurate in at least he will be the next black QB to win the super bowl. Even the guy holding the clip board gets a ring.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009   #18
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Also I started this thread in the Rivalry section. Bashing Titans players is a good part of what this section is all about.

Great post, I am the same way, and the crap we have had to put up with here in the Austin area wasn't right, our own local team getting bumped to show the innbreads because of Sir Benchwarmer doesn't sit well with me.
Old 08-05-2009   #19
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
IDK he could be accurate in at least he will be the next black QB to win the super bowl. Even the guy holding the clip board gets a ring.
Ha ha, I was thinking the same thing, he has to get off that team he is on now to do it though.......no telling where he could end up holding a clipboard.
Old 08-05-2009   #20
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 129709 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I am sure he will take a tour at the HOF sometime this week/weekend

as far as SB ... first thing that came to mind is Star Bucks

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read