Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-06-2009   #101
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36959 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default Re: "All's forgiven, Dunta" ??????????????

I'm not a fan of DC but what Dunta did was very low of him and totally uncalled for.
Old 08-06-2009   #102
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 32563 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDizzle
Quote:
What did Glenn have to say?
http://www.sportsradio610.com/topic/...udioId=3933515
Thanks. Good interview. He differentiates between what he knows vs. opinion and admits what he doesn't know.
Old 08-06-2009   #103
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Thanks. Good interview. He differentiates between what he knows vs. opinion and admits what he doesn't know.
But where's the story in that?
Old 08-06-2009   #104
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
Just watched the last game of 2008 again, the one against Chicago. I think I saw D-rob break up ONE pass... not sure I ever saw him on a tackle. Whenever I did see him he was far away from the plays (or on the sidelines) mostly walking around.
I know that it's not really fair to 'judge' him by just that one performance, but to be honest this was the first time I watched an entire game paying specific attention to him. Not impressed, and if that's the benchmark for his possible 2009 efforts... I'll pass.

Do like Nancy Reagan, just say no!
He did not have a great game, but it was a solid game.
The Bolded Part is totally untrue!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009   #105
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 32563 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy
Quote:
But where's the story in that?
Well, it was a phone interview over the radio that I listened to as a podcast, but I could tell by the way he was holding the phone on a couple of questions that he was holding something back. I'm still waiting for the inspiration that will strike so that I know what information was being withheld, which I'll then use to bolster my point of view.

That will be fun, right?
Old 08-06-2009   #106
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Well, it was a phone interview over the radio that I listened to as a podcast, but I could tell by the way he was holding the phone on a couple of questions that he was holding something back. I'm still waiting for the inspiration that will strike so that I know what information was being withheld, which I'll then use to bolster my point of view.

That will be fun, right?
I agree completely. Heard the interview too and I got the feeling that he was being very 'proper' in his responses. From thereon it's speculation really
Old 08-06-2009   #107
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182552 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I'm not a fan of DC but what Dunta did was very low of him and totally uncalled for.
Dunta burnt the the bridge of the return of DC , down to the ground .
Old 08-06-2009   #108
Malloy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
He did not have a great game, but it was a solid game.
The Bolded Part is totally untrue!

Hm... well, those were MY observations, I am not trying to say that he sucked through the entire game, I am merely pointing out that I myself (and I clearly state that it is my own observations) did not see much of him.

Feel free to object to what I saw in the game, even better, point out to me when he showed his solid contribution. I would love to go back and watch it again!
Old 08-06-2009   #109
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36959 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDizzle View Post
If DR goes the D goes? Give me a break he knows he is not the heart of D anymore. Ryans knows that he is now the leader on D with Mario not too far behind him. DR are very close with each other, so who else is he going to side with? Dunte. Even though the overall talk was good still Glenn's statements are just as much hear say as any other of those league sources are at this point. The Texans need Dunte and his piss poor attiude? Nope. It's called upgarding through the draft and that is something that the Texans are already doing and will continue to do. It might take little longer to do things that way but it is what has to be done. Why take any chances on him messing up the attiude in the lockeroom when you don't have to? If he signs for a year and plays then fine but the Texans will still probably get rid of him next offseason or soon after in order to provide for their new young CB stars anyway. Dunte who?

Last edited by gary; 08-06-2009 at 11:40 AM.
gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009   #110
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If DR goes the D goes? Give me a break he knows he is not the heart of D anymore. Ryans knows that he is now the leader on D with Mario not too far behind him. DR are very close with each other, so who else is he going to side with? Dunte. Glenn's statements are just as much hear say as any other of those league sources are at this point. The Texans need Dunte and his piss poor attiude? Nope. It's called upgarding through the draft and that is something that the Texans are already doing and will continue to do. It might take little longer to do things that way but it is what has to be done. Why take any chances on him messing up the attiude in the lockeroom when you don't have to? If he signs for a year and plays then fine but the Texans will still probably get rid of him next offseason or soon after in order to provide for their new young CB stars anyway. Dunte who?
Tried to rep you. (Must spread rep...)

Time for us to let him sit out an entire year, then move on.

I hope DeMeco and Owen get big fat paydays now. I was against it, but now I've decided that I've had enough of the Poor Poor Dunta parade. It would make my day if Dunta sat out the year and watched other players get nice long-term deals from the Texans FO.
Old 08-06-2009   #111
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Tried to rep you. (Must spread rep...)

I hope DeMeco and Owen get big fat paydays now. I was against it, but now I've decided that I've had enough of the Poor Poor Dunta parade. It would make my day if Dunta sat out the year and watched other players get nice long-term deals from the Texans FO.
Smith will pay them.
Old 08-06-2009   #112
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Dunta Robinson is the man. He will sign his contract after TC since all the vets hate that shit anyways, and he will start at CB for us all season. Then we can sign him to a long term deal or sign and trade him. Whatever works best.

The Giants are paying Eli Manning roughly 15 million a season for the next 5-6 years. And he isnt even that good. I think we can spare 10 million for 1 year for a Dunta.

I don't let business affect my views of him. Players want to get paid. Teams don't want to pay it. I will still sport his jersey this year.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009   #113
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
Hm... well, those were MY observations, I am not trying to say that he sucked through the entire game, I am merely pointing out that I myself (and I clearly state that it is my own observations) did not see much of him.

Feel free to object to what I saw in the game, even better, point out to me when he showed his solid contribution. I would love to go back and watch it again!
Notice the times he play bump and run even without the ball coming his way.
Notice how he switch off his receivers to come up for run support or to look for a big play. Notice how many YAC he allowed.

Besides that:

1st Qtr
2-6-HOU 48 (8:28) 22-M.Forte left end to HOU 48 for no gain (59-D.Ryans).
Dunta read the run perfectly, came up to contain the outside, then flew in to swipe at Forte's foot, making sure that Forte would go down.
Watch replay #3, you will see that Forte saw Dunta and turned inside for Ryans.

1-4-HOU 4 (6:02) 18-K.Orton pass short left to 80-B.Lloyd for 4 yards, TOUCHDOWN.
Dunta was there. It was a timing route. The receiver ran it examplary, making it look like he was going toward the back of the end zone but came back.
In fact, the ball was way up there. Lloyd made great adjustment and skied to plug it out of the air. It was an almost impossible pass to defend. Impossible is more like it.

2nd Qtr
1-10-CHI 38 (14:20) 18-K.Orton pass short left to 80-B.Lloyd to CHI 45 for 7 yards (23-D.Robinson).
A quick inside slant, not much to do but tackle and minimize the YAC, to Zero if possible.

1-10-HOU 49 (11:26) 18-K.Orton pass incomplete short left to 86-M.Booker (23-D.Robinson).
I was afraid Dunta might get an inteference call because he was on the receiver like a blanket and had his hand in the receiver's front pocket (if he had one).
But the side judge was right there. You can't cover a guy any closer than that!

1-10-CHI 32 (1:46) (Shotgun) 18-K.Orton pass short middle to 80-B.Lloyd to CHI 45 for 13 yards (26-E.Wilson).
Dunta was on the slot receiver. He saw that pass and jumped the passing lane. The ball was just over his reach.
Any lower and Dunta would have intercepted it for a quick six.

4th Qtr
2-9-CHI 49 (11:16) 18-K.Orton pass short left to 82-G.Olsen to HOU 41 for 10 yards (23-D.Robinson).
Dunta was on the receiver as soon as he caught the pass.
I don't know the reason why he played off-man, but he was looking at the QB the whole time.

2-10-CHI 47 (2:51) (Shotgun) 18-K.Orton pass short left to 81-R.Davis pushed ob at HOU 37 for 16 yards (26-E.Wilson).
Davis was Dunta's man; but it looks like Dunta left him to Wilson as he read a shorter pass and wanted to come up to help Ryans.
The RB had come up out of the backfield from the other side and ran a crossing route to this side line.

2-10-HOU 20 (2:14) (Shotgun) 18-K.Orton pass incomplete short left to 85-E.Bennett (26-E.Wilson).
Dunta lost his man to the outside. It could have been enough for a first down.
He was playing prevent defense, making sure the receiver doesn't go deep.
With a little more than 2 mins left, we led 31-17
Old 08-06-2009   #114
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Link

I flip open the morning paper, and get out the sports section, and the bold headline says . . .

All's forgiven, Dunta

. . . on top of a photo of Reeves laying on the field in pain from a broken leg.

So Mr. John McClain expects us all to forget the fact that he actually turned down an outrageous offer, way way more money than he's worth, and then threaten to sit out part of the season for being paid in the top 5 of the league . . .

. . . just because someone else playing in his position gets hurt?

There must be a fire sale somewhere on unmitigated gall these days.
If anything this headline shows is the need for better journalism covering the texans. Dick Justice and John "Kris Kringle" McClain are all we have as far as coverage??!?!?!?!?

Gimme a break
Old 08-06-2009   #115
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Have you tried youtube with a search of Dunta Robinson? The answer is yes.
I found a video of him intercepting a ball from Steve Smith, but nothing else I would call a high-light video.

I got a couple of interviews, but that was it.
Old 08-06-2009   #116
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Dunta Robinson is the man. He will sign his contract after TC since all the vets hate that shit anyways, and he will start at CB for us all season. Then we can sign him to a long term deal or sign and trade him. Whatever works best.

The Giants are paying Eli Manning roughly 15 million a season for the next 5-6 years. And he isnt even that good. I think we can spare 10 million for 1 year for a Dunta.

I don't let business affect my views of him. Players want to get paid. Teams don't want to pay it. I will still sport his jersey this year.
I'm of the same thought, I think!

Dunta has never been my favorite player, but I don't let that define his plays on the field.

Unless he becomes a big distraction in the locker room...
Old 08-06-2009   #117
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 6809 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009   #118
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 31109 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Notice the times he play bump and run even without the ball coming his way.
Notice how he switch off his receivers to come up for run support or to look for a big play. Notice how many YAC he allowed.
Are you really saying that Dunta's best game was against the Chicago's bears awesome fleet or receivers? /sarcasm Come on we don't need tacklers at corners, if our corners are doing outside containment we got other problems than corners.

Pass first, run second, that's always been the job of corners of every defensive schema that I've seen. Occasionally you'll see a corner blitz and some crazy scheme's out of the Steelers or Ravens, but all in all they need to cover receivers and be a ball hawk when it's in the air. Great corners can bait QB's into throwing at them and then breaking on the ball and picking the ball off, yah he looked open when you threw the ball but that changed soon as it left your hand.
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009   #119
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand1 View Post
Are you really saying that Dunta's best game was against the Chicago's bears awesome fleet or receivers? /sarcasm Come on we don't need tacklers at corners, if our corners are doing outside containment we got other problems than corners.

Pass first, run second, that's always been the job of corners of every defensive schema that I've seen. Occasionally you'll see a corner blitz and some crazy scheme's out of the Steelers or Ravens, but all in all they need to cover receivers and be a ball hawk when it's in the air. Great corners can bait QB's into throwing at them and then breaking on the ball and picking the ball off, yah he looked open when you threw the ball but that changed soon as it left your hand.
You didn't read my earlier posts!
I said Dunta did not have a great game.
He had a solid game.
If you want to know my thoughts about our DBs, you can find it here:

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61988

I did not say that he had a great year either!
He had a solid year, and he was our best CB in both coverage and run support.

He's a smart veteran who can coordinate with Wilson and Ferguson better than our other guys.
Old 08-06-2009   #120
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 97142 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He is being an asshat he would get the ten million and is missing valuable TC time. I think he has already said he would sit out for some of season. I say get rid of his ass he should be there OD and Demeco are both there despite not being happy. Donte is a baby who is unproven after a big injury. Wait untill we see if he shows up for the first game? I'm sorry but I don't think he will be. If not, that will be the last draw for me with him and I'll say this he says he still wants to be a Texan then show it DONTE.
They're under contract already, if they don't show they get hit with daily fines. Dunta isn't under any contract. And for all those worried about dunta getting in shape and in sync with the team, this isn't a rookie we're talking about, he's been in the league for a couple of years now, he knows what it takes to be ready for the season. I don't expect him to miss a beat at all come the 1st game.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read