Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-05-2009   #41
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91511 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "All's forgiven, Dunta" ??????????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
He'd still be the best CB on the Texans. We need him out there. Love him or hate him, dude can play and be a big part of our D.
I disagree. He's burned enough bridges that it clearly shows that he doesn't want to play here anymore. He'll be a distraction from here on out, so cut bait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
You're an interesting study, Marcus. Outsourcing our manufacturing base to China? Don't sweat it. Football player holds out? ANGER! SMASH THINGS!
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009   #42
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 60013 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I hear centaurs.
Old 08-05-2009   #43
Lucky

Rep Power: 180779 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
OKAY, but in order to come to camp, he has to sign his tender, right? So, if he blows out his knee the following day after he comes to camp, he's not S. O. L. He gets the 10 million.

Right?
Right. But, he's only under contract for one season. No signing bonus. And explain to me why Robinson should come in prior to Week 1? He's not under contractual obligation to do so. He doesn't receive additional game checks for the preseason. There is absolutely no good reason, on his part, to join the team until the opening roster must be set.
Old 08-05-2009   #44
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Who thinks his attitude will be a positive in the locker room, on the field and with the coaches? I can EASILY see him being a problem in all areas as he is pissed and wants to strike back. He wont even be interested in holding it down for a contract next year. He just wants to strike back. He WAS at best an average cover CB (very good run stopper though) and now after a Horrible injury he is less than average and a long way from being worth 9.9 million dollars.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009   #45
Lucky

Rep Power: 180779 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
Who thinks his attitude will be a positive in the locker room, on the field and with the coaches?
Dunta has been a positive in the locker room and the field since he was drafted. Where contracts are concerned, he players, to a man, side with the players. This will not hurt Robinson's standing with the team a bit.
Old 08-05-2009   #46
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 93420 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

The most relevant question is: Would any other team in the league pay Dunta the money that he'd be receiving if he signed the Texans' franchise tender?

The answer is no. He doesn't have the stats.

But when he does come back, he'd better not blow coverage on the strong side, or Cushing will call him out. Guys who work like madmen aren't going to suffer someone else's learning curve because that person skipped a particularly valuable training camp.

That's something else that deflates Dunta's value. Cushing will be the new heart of this defense, not Dunta.
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009   #47
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 51073 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Right. But, he's only under contract for one season. No signing bonus. And explain to me why Robinson should come in prior to Week 1? He's not under contractual obligation to do so. He doesn't receive additional game checks for the preseason. There is absolutely no good reason, on his part, to join the team until the opening roster must be set.
Who is to say he'll be here for week one?
Sponsored links
Old 08-05-2009   #48
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294595 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

From a fans point of view, Dunta is being an asshat. From a coach or owners side, or from a players side, I dont know that. Neither do any of yall. We are arguing in a vacuum here as fans.

All Im saying, is from this particular fans point of view, Dunta can kiss my ass.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009   #49
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dunta has been a positive in the locker room and the field since he was drafted. Where contracts are concerned, he players, to a man, side with the players. This will not hurt Robinson's standing with the team a bit.
Has in the PAST is the operative word. I doubt that still holds true. I think he is clearly showing what his attitude is and he WILL very likely carry it over to the season if we give him a chance by over paying for a rather poor CB. I don't want him given ANY sort of chance to screw up what is being built and I have a very strong hunch that is exactly what he would try to do.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009   #50
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 51073 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

I like my song for him and I hope he does as well.
Old 08-05-2009   #51
Lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Who is to say he'll be here for week one?
Why would Dunta miss a $600K game check?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
The most relevant question is: Would any other team in the league pay Dunta the money that he'd be receiving if he signed the Texans' franchise tender?
The relevant question is, did Dunta have a better deal in his back pocket than the Texans offered? The answer is very likely, yes. Which is why Robinson was so upset at Smith for tagging him.

Last edited by Lucky; 08-05-2009 at 09:32 PM.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009   #52
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 7477 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Amazing how Dunta has gone from fan favorite to Matt Stevens because he doesn't drink the FO koolaid. Lol to the people saying he sucks / not very good / would only start for the Texans / cut him loose etc. Yeah I'd like to see him in camp too but I'm not gonna throw the guy under the bus like many here are so eager to do.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009   #53
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Why would Dunta miss a $600K game check.
He has said he would.
Old 08-05-2009   #54
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 60013 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
Has in the PAST is the operative word. I doubt that still holds true. I think he is clearly showing what his attitude is and he WILL very likely carry it over to the season if we give him a chance by over paying for a rather poor CB. I don't want him given ANY sort of chance to screw up what is being built and I have a very strong hunch that is exactly what he would try to do.

I don't see why a bad attitude is a given. The players are going to respect him as much they did before, and his personality is that of a guy who gives his all. That is what the majority of the board admired him for when he rushed back from injury too. From players I've talked to, they don't really care about holdouts, unless it is the exceptional cases like T.O. To some, I understand this makes the players complicit in Dunta's heinous wrong-doing, but it is just the way it is. It doesn't really bother them.

The coaches aren't going to give a lot of thought to the holdout either. They understand the NFL, and I haven't seen any evidence that they are the vindictive coaches of the Capers era that did hold grudges. I think they value putting what they see as the best team on the field over politics for the most part. They might surprise me though.

In my view, the only people who are truly angered by Dunta are the fans that feel betrayed by his lack of loyalty. They turned on him faster than they could say, "I always knew he sucked". Once it became an emotional issue, it entered an unrecoverable downward spiral.
Old 08-05-2009   #55
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
This one is for you Dunte man I hope you like it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVBvy2cc0Io
I'll make sure I let Dunta know what you said next time he come by to talk to you. Your such a politician.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009   #56
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDizzle View Post
Amazing how Dunta has gone from fan favorite to Matt Stevens because he doesn't drink the FO koolaid. Lol to the people saying he sucks / not very good / would only start for the Texans / cut him loose etc. Yeah I'd like to see him in camp too but I'm not gonna throw the guy under the bus like many here are so eager to do.
You obviously aren't taking this as a personal slap in the face.
Old 08-05-2009   #57
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDizzle View Post
I like him on the field and he isn't there it is only going to get worse. What the hell good is he?
Old 08-05-2009   #58
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 93420 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The relevant question is, did Dunta have a better deal in his back pocket than the Texans offered? The answer is very likely, yes. Which is why Robinson was so upset at Smith for tagging him.
Probably true, but it's still wrong to throw a fit over being franchised. He can only help himself by working with the new DB coach before the season starts.
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009   #59
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
I'll make sure I let Dunta know what you said next time he come by to talk to you. Your such a politician.
What can I say?
Old 08-05-2009   #60
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 7477 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
You obviously aren't taking this as a personal slap in the face.
Lol, I've been slapped in the face before by an ex, didn't like it one bit but then I realized what I said that triggered the slap was quite stupid.

</metaphor>

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary
I like him on the field and he isn't there it is only going to get worse. What the hell good is he?
Like I said I'd like to have him in camp but don't pretend that this is all Dunta's doing. The FO had a hand in it as well so redirect some of your hate towards them if you're truly angered by his absence in training camp.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read