Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-10-2005   #41
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

This Jag fan is like almost all others on the Jags board. They can't admit that we beat them.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005   #42
Koruptified
Rookie

I admit that you won... but because you guys won, you are trying to make it seem like your team is better than ours. If that's the case, the Jaguars should be as good as the Colts since we split with them, but that isn't the case.
Koruptified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005   #43
Koruptified
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan88
sure I can, it's a season sweep and it kept you from the playoffs, but my point is can you add?
I know about the 41-6 difference. What does that have to do with you guys thinking the Jaguars will not be a better team next year than they were this year?
Old 03-10-2005   #44
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Do our opinions really mean that much to you?
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005   #45
Koruptified
Rookie

It's just mind boggling.
Old 03-10-2005   #46
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 266978 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koruptified
It's just mind boggling.
What is mind boggling is that a fan from a team that got swept actually expects anyone on the team that swept them to think they are better. Doesn't matter of it is a 2-14 team that beat a 14-2 team--ain't happening. Texans fans know the Jags are going to be serious competition--doesn't mean they are going to go "oh sure the Jags are better." By the way, the Indy thing is lame--the year before the Texans beat Carolina--did that make them better than everyone but the Patriots?--of course not. How about actually talking football rather than stirring up this woeful smack discussion.
Old 03-10-2005   #47
Koruptified
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
What is mind boggling is that a fan from a team that got swept actually expects anyone on the team that swept them to think they are better. Doesn't matter of it is a 2-14 team that beat a 14-2 team--ain't happening. Texans fans know the Jags are going to be serious competition--doesn't mean they are going to go "oh sure the Jags are better." By the way, the Indy thing is lame--the year before the Texans beat Carolina--did that make them better than everyone but the Patriots?--of course not. How about actually talking football rather than stirring up this woeful smack discussion.
The Colts argument was the same thing as this stupid seeping argument the Texans are using. And my whole thing in the first place wasn't that I was trying to put out that the Jags were better than the Texans, it's that everyone thinks that the Jaguars are not going to improve from last year.
Sponsored links
Old 03-10-2005   #48
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Usually, all teams improve somewhat year to year. How much in relation to other teams is the real question. Jags should improve and so to the Texans. Will we sweep the Jags next season.....less likely than sweeping the Titans and more likely than us sweeping the Colts.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005   #49
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 47328 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Texans and Jags both have a shot at the division. That's not to say that I'm going to predict 10 or 11 wins for them. However, if you look at the last 5-6 games of the season for Indy, I think teams started to catch up to their offense. In addition, Indy has not added anything in free agency, they've lost in free agency, and they don't pick high in the draft. Furthermore, though not old, they are an aging team who has an all-world QB who will not be able to put up the numbers that he did last year.

Indy has avoided injuries to Peyton but that may change this year now that teams have focused defensive schemes on pressuring him and disrupting the timing. So, here's my prediction:

Indy 10-6
Houston 10-6
Jags 8-8
Titans 6-10
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005   #50
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

IMO, the most likely senario is that Indy wins the Div. and the Jags & Texans are fighting for #2 at about 9-7 with the Titans in last place. If either the Jags or Texans get to 10-6 they will have a solid shot at Wildcard spot. I see Indy at about 11 wins.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005   #51
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

I think the big question for the division comes down to one thing:

What does losing Rick DeMulling mean to the Colts offense? The Colts live and die by their offense, we all know that. We also know that the Colts offense is so effective not just because of skill, but because of their ability to be deceptive. If EITHER their passing or running game suffers significantly from the loss, look for the Colts to stumble.
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005   #52
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 266978 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Something else not being taken into consideration here about Indy is the 75% or so chance that Edge isn't with them next year. He is hanging out there available for a 2nd round pick along with Alexander. Hopefully he does get dealt and we see how effective the play-action is without Edge and DeMulling.
Old 04-14-2005   #53
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

The Dolphins are the best team in the league, because they beat New England at the end of last year.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005   #54
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Something else not being taken into consideration here about Indy is the 75% or so chance that Edge isn't with them next year. He is hanging out there available for a 2nd round pick along with Alexander. Hopefully he does get dealt and we see how effective the play-action is without Edge and DeMulling.
I didn't bring that up because I don't believe the Colts are a contender without Edge. Maybe an outside shot at the wild-card. Maybe.
Old 04-14-2005   #55
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
The Dolphins are the best team in the league, because they beat New England at the end of last year.

haha yeah i guess so, since the jags beat the colts i guess that makes them better than us , i mean geez what were we thinking
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005   #56
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
haha yeah i guess so, since the jags beat the colts i guess that makes them better than us , i mean geez what were we thinking
'Cept they only beat the Colts once and we whupped 'em twice.
Old 04-14-2005   #57
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarg01
'Cept they only beat the Colts once and we whupped 'em twice.

yeah i loved how they said "they may think of us as their rival but that dont mean they are ours" i bet they dont say that the next time we play them.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005   #58
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I look at it like this.

If the Texans play their best game, and the Jags play their best game.. the Texans will win because they are a better and more talented team.

The problem is that, at the moment, the Jags are a more consistent team.. Which is why we finished 7-9.. and they finished 8-8.

Now.. here is where it gets REALLLLLY confusing.

Despite our sweeping the jags last year, they were the BETTER TEAM. why? because they have more wins than us, and that is what it all boils down to.

However.. if you ask "who is the better team" I will say the Texans.. because we are a better, more talented team. And since we are in the offseason, consistency doesnt really come into the equation. We could be a more consistent team next season.

SO.. does that come off as totally confusing?

Texans = Better team
Jags = Better team at the end of last year

And here is some food for thought.

If the Texans had beaten Cleveland.. no one would question who was the better team. We would have both finished 8-8, but we swept you. So, does coming out and laying an egg against cleveland overshadow the fact that we whooped the jags, badly, twice?
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005   #59
rhc564
Veteran

"they finished 8-8"---don't think so
rhc564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005   #60
Koruptified
Rookie

Yes, the Jaguars finished 9-7, and I wouldn't really call the Texans the better team... "on any given Sunday."

And I think you can say the same thing of laying an egg to Cleveland as we can say of laying an egg to Tennessee... so, therefore, we should have finished with 10 wins if you should have finished with 8.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read