Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-05-2005   #1
cOWboy H8r

Default AFC South Ranking in 2005

Who and why do think will be the top & bottom of our division next year?

Colts 11-5 Still the team to beat in our division. They still have way too much offense for anyone in the division.

Texans 10-6 Continue to improve, with a good draft should get a Wildcard.

Jags 10-6 Solid team, but Texans get the tiebreaker. (we own them)

Titans 7-9 Should be competitive, but Rebuilding?

Last edited by cOWboy H8r; 02-05-2005 at 04:11 PM.
Old 02-05-2005   #2
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Colts 11-5 If Edge returns...Still an offensive powerhouse...I don't see any of the defenses in our division stopping them...

Jags 10-6 Nice D, but the lack of a good O keeps them out of the division lead...

Texans 9-7 We make a playoff push, but don't get in...

Titans 6-10 Two words, "Cap Hell"...
Old 02-05-2005   #3
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

believe this our nor i see it as

colts 10-6

texans 9-7 (wild card)

Jags 7-9

titans 6-10

if we can beat the colts even once than i see us at 10-6 and colts at 9-7
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005   #4
THEFUTURE
All Pro

games are not in order, i just got it off sportsline.com and just put what i felt are realistic wins and losses

colts- 12-4 (HOME)Houston (W), Jacksonville(W), Tennessee(W), Cleveland(W), Pittsburgh(L), Arizona(W), St. Louis(W), San Diego(L) (AWAY)Houston(L), Jacksonville(W), Tennessee(W), Baltimore(W), Cincinnati(W), San Francisco(W), Seattle(W), New England(L)(as always)...

Houston- 11-5 (HOME)Indianapolis(W), Jacksonville(W), Tennessee(W), Cleveland(W), Pittsburgh(L), Arizona(W), St. Louis(W), Kansas City(W) (AWAY)Indianapolis(L), Jacksonville(W), Tennessee(W), Baltimore(L), Cincinnati(L), San Francisco(W), Seattle(W), Buffalo (L)

Jacksonville- 7-9 HOME) Houston(L), Indianapolis(W), Tennessee(W), Baltimore(L), Cincinnati(L), San Francisco(W), Seattle(W), Denver(L) AWAY) Houston(L), Indianapolis(L), Tennessee(L), Cleveland(W), Pittsburgh(L), Arizona(W), St. Louis(W), N.Y. Jets(L)

Tenn- 6-10 HOME) Houston(L), Indianapolis(L), Jacksonville(W), Baltimore(L), Cincinnati(L), San Francisco(W), Seattle(L), Oakland(W) Houston(L), Indianapolis(L), Jacksonville(L), Cleveland(W), Pittsburgh(L), Arizona(W), St. Louis(L), Miami(W)
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005   #5
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
texans 9-7 (wild card)
9-7 wont get us the wildcard in the AFC next year. In the NFC: yes, but in the AFC: no. The Bills, Ravens, and Jags were all 9-7 and didnt get in. We have to be at least 10-6 in the AFC to get in.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005   #6
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

i actually like the sound of that, but *** good as that all sounds, i think we all saw that just cause a team looks easy doesnt mean you'll win ! So some of those i couldnt be so sure on, but i do see us having a fairly close record to what you said !
Old 02-05-2005   #7
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
9-7 wont get us the wildcard in the AFC next year. In the NFC: yes, but in the AFC: no. The Bills, Ravens, and Jags were all 9-7 and didnt get in. We have to be at least 10-6 in the AFC to get in.

ok fiddy, i'm sure that you are aware how fast things can change, it just so happened this year the AFC dominated all around, i mean arizona had like 4 wins and was still in the hunt at the beginning of december for a NFC wild card. I can almost bet ya that the AFC will not be near as close next season, so WE CAN GET IN WITH 9 WINS !!!!!
Sponsored links
Old 02-05-2005   #8
THEFUTURE
All Pro

i think my predictions are based on a team playing to the best of their ability everytime out, obviously teams sometimes dont bring their A game every time out, but this is totally based on a teams potential and hoping they can live up to it
Old 02-05-2005   #9
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

if our team can start playing good every week, i mean look one week we shut out jacksonville and the next get beat by the 2nd worst team in the NFL !!!
Old 02-05-2005   #10
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
ok fiddy, i'm sure that you are aware how fast things can change, it just so happened this year the AFC dominated all around, i mean arizona had like 4 wins and was still in the hunt at the beginning of december for a NFC wild card. I can almost bet ya that the AFC will not be near as close next season, so WE CAN GET IN WITH 9 WINS !!!!!
The AFC could be stronger next year:
AFC East:
Pats are the Pats and the Bills had 9 wins and almost got 10 if they wouldnt of lost to the Steelers backups. The Jets got 10, too. So 3 teams with 10 win potential in the AFC East

AFC North:
Steelers own the division but the Ravens had 9 wins with no WR and the Bengals are steadly improving. One 10 win team and two teams with potential of 9 wins.

AFC West:
Chargers and Broncos had 10 wins and KC, if they get defense, could win 10 so there are 3 teams with 10 win ability in the West.

AFC South:
Colts own it. Jags chocked down the stretch or they could of had 10. 3 teams with 10 win ability.

Not saying that every team will win 10 games of course, but there are 10 or 11 teams with 10 win ability in the AFC. We need 10 wins to get in the playoffs.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Old 02-05-2005   #11
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

ok fiddy well honestly do you think we can get into the play-offs next season ?
Old 02-05-2005   #12
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
ok fiddy well honestly do you think we can get into the play-offs next season ?
Yes I do. We just need to get 10 wins, which we are capable of doing. Improved by 1 from first to second year. Improved by 2 between second and third year. We will improve by 3 between third and fourth year.

Old 02-05-2005   #13
ColdSteelBlue
Veteran

I really doubt that the Jags will get 10 wins. Think of them in 04 as the 03 Cowboys. Now think of them in 05 as the 04 Cowboys.

Sigh. the thought of J-ville, Dallas, and the tacks all under .500 next year brings a smile to my face.
ColdSteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005   #14
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

man i am suprised fiddy, i dunno why but every time i read something ya write it has always seemed negeative in the past !
Old 02-06-2005   #15
YodAa
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to YodAa

[quote=THEFUTURE]Houston- 11-5 (HOME)Indianapolis(W), Jacksonville(W), Tennessee(W), Cleveland(W), Pittsburgh(L), Arizona(W), St. Louis(W), Kansas City(W) (AWAY)Indianapolis(L), Jacksonville(W), Tennessee(W), Baltimore(L), Cincinnati(L), San Francisco(W), Seattle(W), Buffalo (L) QUOTE]

Why did you put an L for the Bills? I mean we beat them (in Buffalo) in our 2nd year, and our team this year was better and will be getting better next year. Plus if you look at the schedule they had this year they only beat 2 teams that had winning records and the other 7 teams were at .500 or less.They had a very easy schedule this year. So it would be 12-4 for the Texans!!!

either that or 10-6 because you shouldn't just assume the Seahawks and Rams are a W.

But either way next year is our year!
Old 02-06-2005   #16
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

haha and i suppose you dont think the bills have been tring to improve there team as well ?? we are not the only team trying to get better so we can get to the SB !
Old 02-06-2005   #17
YodAa
All Pro

Doesn't matter how much they improve if they keep Bledsoe because hes the reason they suck. And with the schedule they have for '05 it looks like they'll b pickin early in the '06 draft theres only playing bout 3 or 4 teams who might have losing records.
Old 02-06-2005   #18
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

did ya happen to look at our record ? how many teams did we beat with winning records ? i LOVE the texans to death but honestly we didnt exactly knock out any heavy weights last season !
Old 02-06-2005   #19
YodAa
All Pro

Well if you truly think we'll lose to them than you didn't watch the game last year were the Texans beat the bills.
Old 02-06-2005   #20
THEFUTURE
All Pro

dude a lot of things are different since then, including the fact that the bill have Willis McGahee now, things can change in 2 years, i would love to see the texans win, and it was hard for me to say they would lose to the bills, it just looks like a game the texans might not win...thats all

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read