Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-04-2009   #21
Spike
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 Spike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Myers Down

As a couple of people have pointed out, we shouldn't count out White. White has been with the team from a couple of years now and, as I recall, got some pretty good reps in the 2007 season. Before we brought Myers in, there was a lot of talk about him as a possibility to upgrade the center position.

Either way, this is a chance for someone to step up.
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009   #22
D-Frank
Veteran

Rep Power: 97 D-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
I'll echo the thoughts on being a critic of Myers last year,but I don't think Caldwell is ready just yet. They did play well as a unit last year and I'm suprised to hear Myers put on the extra weight. Shoes me he wants the starting spot bad, I like that.

Don't want to get into an extended discussion on Dunta in a Chris Myers thread but, once again Dunta has NO leverage whatsoever. He either signs the one year Tag tender or continues to sit out, lost money, and lose a chance for other teams and this team to see he's worth the bloated contract he's demanding. Personally, I think he wants out of Houston.

Get well quick Chris!
yeah im not trying to ruin the Myers thread either but dont you think if we keep having injuries in the secondary they will be more inclined to promise a non franchise rather than sign a free agent? jmo
D-Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009   #23
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 241723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Any word on who actually was put into the #1 C spot? Also, any more details on what set Kubiak off? Who was he mad at; a player or a coach?
It'll be interesting to see who posts what in the various blogs this afternoon.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009   #24
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 36043 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Quote:
I'll echo the thoughts on being a critic of Myers last year,but I don't think Caldwell is ready just yet.
based on what? Shouldn't we see him play before we pigeonhole him as a guy 'not ready'?
No.

He's not ready. I think not therefore he isn't.

Something may be lot in the translation.

Old 08-04-2009   #25
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
based on what? Shouldn't we see him play before we pigeonhole him as a guy 'not ready'?
Maybe on calls but I'll go with my broken record , throw down answer . If you can play at a high level in the SEC ... you can play .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009   #26
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
No.

The Astros would have him in AAA for five years .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009   #27
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
his son didn't have a good early year...why read and respond to all the negative stuff if you are related? It doesnt help any.
True.
Old 08-04-2009   #28
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Any word on who actually was put into the #1 C spot? Also, any more details on what set Kubiak off? Who was he mad at; a player or a coach?
It'll be interesting to see who posts what in the various blogs this afternoon.
Got mad because he saw Richard Justice over there.

Did Justice really take delight in Kubiak getting angry at practice? Uggh.
Old 08-04-2009   #29
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

ready or not here it (season) comes. Gibbs has worked to develop players into versatile multiple faceted position players capabale of filling in while another is injured. should be interesting. wish the Meyers family all the best & hope its really nothing after all.....
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009   #30
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
No.

I'm sorry. Ok let me rephrase that. I'm not sure he's ready. Smart ass.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009   #31
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

This is not good. I thought Myers would make a pretty good backup. Now ....
Old 08-04-2009   #32
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Hopefully he comes back soon. Good luck to you Chris.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009   #33
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Watching the kid play the last few days allows me to say he is not ready yet. That said I have seen progress from the young man already. He has been working as the 2nd team OC while White was worked at Guard. Now the injury to Pitts' has changed the reps and that may have do do with White playing guard
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009   #34
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 36043 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence
Quote:
No.

I'm sorry. Ok let me rephrase that. I'm not sure he's ready. Smart ass.
See, I KNEW something would be lost in translation.
Old 08-04-2009   #35
Austrian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2061 Austrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respected

McClain reports that Jacques Reeves was hurt and limped off the field. He didn't return either
Austrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009   #36
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Must be hot in Houston today.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009   #37
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

790 reported that when Myers went down he started screaming in pain before he fell. Was holding his ankle area.

They also said Kubiak was the most pissed off they've ever seen, saying the goalline plays were the sloppiest he's ever seen
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009   #38
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 241723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

well I got the answer to one of my questions from John McClain...

Quote:
I've seen Gary Kubiak chew out players on the field. I've seen him jump on them off the field. He does it when he believes they deserve it.

I hadn't seen Kubiak go ballistic about his players until after today's morning practice. He was fuming becaue he considered it a terrible practice. He thought the players were sloppy and that center Chris Myers' injury in which a teammate rolled on his leg could be attributed to sloppy play.

After each practice, Kubiak gathers his players and coaches and other team personnel around him in the middle of the field. He let them have it. Then he did the same when he met with reporters. I imagine this means they'll have a spirited afternoon practice.
Light 'em up Kubes. Sloppy teams don't make the playoffs. ...and we should know.

Guess I'll have to wait until this evening to find out the other answer... ...who stepped in for Myers.

Last edited by ObsiWan; 08-04-2009 at 02:29 PM.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009   #39
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 64539 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Hopefully not serious. Let's see what the Caldwell kid has in the meantime. Hey Vinny, I used to see you on the HPF.com website. What happened to that site? Anyway, hope Myers is OK, God knows we need to avoid injuries.
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009   #40
cland
Veteran

Rep Power: 4611 cland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
Hey Vinny, I used to see you on the HPF.com website. What happened to that site?
It's now located at http://inthebullseye.com
cland is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read