Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-04-2009   #41
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: LZ says Grossman looking like the best QB in camp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LZ View Post
I think I spelled out pretty clearly that in the limited reps that I had seen, Rex made fewer mistakes and looked more fluid with the arm strength etc. If you had read the blog and other comments you would realize that I said that it was early in camp and that I wasn't worried about Schaub and that he is a better QB than Rex. You and GP really need some football to start if this quick-hitter gets you this upset. It was a quick hit observation, that's all. My day job and night job will be fine. Keep firing blanks.
Thats what she said.
Old 08-04-2009   #42
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by specnatz View Post
thats what she said.
lol love it!
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009   #43
1ReliantPark
noob

1ReliantPark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009   #44
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan JBZ View Post
Who? Justice, Solomon, McClain? Who's better? Anna-Megan Raley, Megan Manfull, Carl Dukes, Charlie Pallilo? Who do you think is better in the city of Houston than LZ?
No, no one in the media, though I think Manfull would be better than Justice if she had the same freedom.

It's a bit disgusting to see how the media works firsthand. I only needed a year as a newspaper writer a semester of journalism to see how the business works.

I'm referring to some of the posters around here. I don't want to name names, but there's at least 5 guys I would trust over LZ.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009   #45
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

LZ is great because he is honest, practical, and he doesn't try and make nice with the local franchises with his reporting now with the move to 1560.

You get an honest and informed take on our football franchise. He loves the Texans just like the rest of us but he knows what quality NFL is and he isn't afraid to call out our franchise when the quality is poor and unlike most radio personalities, isn't afraid to admit when he was wrong (Bush over Mario).

His Comrade Texan bits were hilarious during Mario's first year with Carr behind center. Oh man, it was like Football Pravda. I wonder if some of that stuff is podcasted?
Old 08-04-2009   #46
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

searching
Old 08-04-2009   #47
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
LZ is great because he is honest, practical, and he doesn't try and make nice with the local franchises with his reporting now with the move to 1560.

You get an honest and informed take on our football franchise. He loves the Texans just like the rest of us but he knows what quality NFL is and he isn't afraid to call out our franchise when the quality is poor and unlike most radio personalities, isn't afraid to admit when he was wrong (Bush over Mario).
Totally agree.

I am not in your market for radio or TV, but of all the folks covering the Texans/Pro Football at the Chron - he is the football guy in my opinion. I don't agree with all of his takes, but I get where he is coming from due to him employing logic and being from a football family, having a solid football network and being passionate about football. He usually spits out a plausible narrative based on his gut - and really, that is all I want from someone covering "my" team in today's media.
Old 08-04-2009   #48
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Totally agree.

I am not in your market for radio or TV, but of all the folks covering the Texans/Pro Football at the Chron - he is the football guy in my opinion. I don't agree with all of his takes, but I get where he is coming from due to him employing logic and being from a football family, having a solid football network and being passionate about football. He usually spits out a plausible narrative based on his gut - and really, that is all I want from someone covering "my" team in today's media.
You mean analyst versus regurgitated crap. Hell LZ might be wrong about his view but at least he offers it and does not throw a fit when others disagree with him and he will actually listen to others point of view.
Old 08-05-2009   #49
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 272221 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
If, after all the "best player will be on the field blah blah blah", THAT scenario happened, I would personally jump onto the field and whip Kubiaks ass. And Smith's too, if he were on the field. Other than that, I like the post.
Seriously?

We're talking about a pre-season game. If you make a guy the starter after a pre-season game, over a starter who played very well for 11 regular season games, you're going to lose a lot of football games.

Best player on the field an all, all I hope for out of our back-up QBs, is that they come in and play at a high level if the need ever arises. If we are on a very hot win streak when the "starter" is ready to play, I hope the head coach has enough resolve to let the back-up keep playing, until he shows signs of struggling. Not the team struggling, but the QB.

That is if we are on pace to get into the play-offs. & when we start that play-off game, we start the guy that got us their. We can deal with what-ever QB controversy there may be in the off-season.
Old 08-05-2009   #50
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan JBZ View Post
Who? Justice, Solomon, McClain? Who's better? Anna-Megan Raley, Megan Manfull, Carl Dukes, Charlie Pallilo? Who do you think is better in the city of Houston than LZ?
I gotta go with Stephanie Stradley and she's not on your list.

???
Old 08-05-2009   #51
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
I gotta go with Stephanie Stradley and she's not on your list.

???
What about Adam Clanton
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read