Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-03-2009   #1
stevn8r
Zombie

Section: 117 Row F 18-19
Rep Power: 196 stevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to stevn8r
Default Winston Schooled!

Did Y'all see Barwin School Eric Winston in the Training camp Vid on HT.com at the 6 minute mark?
He lifts him up and runs him back about 10 yds and Eric gets pissed and throws Barwin off and Okoye goes to his defense! VERY FIREY! Its good to see that the Vets are looking out for the rookie. But it's better to see the rookie do that to a vet!
If Barwin can do that to Winston, let's hope he can do it to other big OLinemen on Sundays!

GO DEFENSE
Old 08-03-2009   #2
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Winston Schooled!

In Winston's defense, I'd consider if this was a rookie going at 100% vs. a vet going at practice speed. Peek always looked faster than everyone else in camp too. So fast that he appeared unstoppable.
Old 08-03-2009   #3
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
In Winston's defense, I'd consider if this was a rookie going at 100% vs. a vet going at practice speed. Peek always looked faster than everyone else in camp too. So fast that he appeared unstoppable.
If you watch it, speed wasn't what won it for Barwin, he got under Winston's pads and used strength and leverage. Very impressive to see from a rookie.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009   #4
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

winston implied in the quotes after that the whistle had gone & barwin kept going so he called his reaction 'player self-policing'
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009   #5
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Barwin. Championship!

Nice to hear good things, but we'll see how he does in pre-season against other teams, then I'll get a little excited.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009   #6
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1965 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

And in the team drills WInston got Barwin back. Barwin was also schooled by Hill another rookie.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009   #7
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't read much into this. I haven't seen Barwin beat anyone with power during full team in the four practices I've attended. Not that what I've seen is a representative sample but......

I think his game will be beating guys around the edge this year, jumping up and knocking down pass attempts, and blocking punts and PATs..

Last edited by aj.; 08-03-2009 at 07:57 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-03-2009   #8
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Hard to make much of it. I can't wait to see how the rooks do against another team. That will be when I start measuring them up. I like what I hear about our rooks this year. All of them seem to be flying around and doing good things. I really hope Quin's injury is just bump.
Old 08-03-2009   #9
stevn8r
Zombie

Rep Power: 196 stevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I really hope Quin's injury is just bump.
AMEN!!! he was impressive on sunday morning! I hope he comes back quickly as well...kubes had him returning kicks in practice as well
Old 08-03-2009   #10
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Most anyone that tries to take on Winston from a power stand point will likely lose, but he has a problem with the speed guys. Barwin frustrated him with his speed and Eric wanted to push the Rook around. It's understandable. It's HOT and a rook makes you look bad so you react. Once Barwin locked up with him, he was done.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009   #11
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevn8r View Post
AMEN!!! he was impressive on sunday morning! I hope he comes back quickly as well...kubes had him returning kicks in practice as well
Really? I went to three practice sessions and only saw David Anderson, Andre Davis, and Jacoby Jones returning kicks. I didn't see Quin returning kicks at all. Where did you hear of or see him returning kicks?
Old 08-03-2009   #12
D-Frank
Veteran

Rep Power: 97 D-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw pics of it somewhere, quin was indeed doin punt returns i believe
D-Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009   #13
stevn8r
Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Really? I went to three practice sessions and only saw David Anderson, Andre Davis, and Jacoby Jones returning kicks. I didn't see Quin returning kicks at all. Where did you hear of or see him returning kicks?
sunday morning...it was #17 Glenn Martinez, David Anderson and Quin...He looked good...so did that Martinez kid....very fast....
All Jacoby did was drop two passes during Offense vs. Defense Team activity!
Old 08-04-2009   #14
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1965 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Watching the video, IMO it happen like Winston said, the rookie did not disengage when he should have, and Winston disengaged him. Okoye was out of line, IMO.

Also you can see the legs starting to get tired and Conner is no longer the quickest on the field , because they are all equally tired. And the tempers are starting to flair.

Again this should be a non story.
Old 08-04-2009   #15
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Frank View Post
I saw pics of it somewhere, quin was indeed doin punt returns i believe
I saw that too.

They rotated the guys everyday.
Old 08-04-2009   #16
D-Frank
Veteran

Rep Power: 97 D-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respected

i was responding to Nitro
D-Frank is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read