Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Looking more like Sanchez in week 1

drewmar74

disgruntled
Per PFT:

"Though Kellen Clemens currently is at the top of the Jets' depth chart and getting all of the first-team reps, Rich Cimini of the New York Daily News reports that it's a "virtual dead heat" between the 2006 second-round and Mark Sanchez, the fifth overall pick in 2009.

Still, there's at least some cause for concern. Said SI.com's Ross Tucker on his Twitter page, while at Jets camp: "Mark Sanchez is really holding on to the football way too long. Either everyone is covered or he does not know where to go. Often."

I'm liking that "he does not know where to go" bit. I'm liking that a lot. Go ahead, Broadway Mark. Hold that ball just a leeetle too long and meet my good friends Mario, Antonio, and Connor.

drewmar74

disgruntled
hey you really in PI? DI?
Not for the military. But I have two boys at home for the summer. One six, one twelve.

So I have to break out the R. Lee Ermey "School of Parenting" books about twice a day.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING? WHO SAID YOU COULD GET IN THE PANTRY AND GET A SNACK? DOES THIS LOOK LIKE SNACK TIME TO YOU? WELL ANSWER ME, NUMBNUTS. AND WHO LEFT THE REFRIGERATOR OPEN!?! THAT'S IT, YOU ARE ALL GOING TO PT UNTIL YOU PUKE AND YOU WILL LEARN TO SHUT THE REFRIGERATOR DOOR EVEN IF IT SHORT DICKS EVERY CANNIBAL ON THE CONGO!"

Goldensilence

hipster elite
Said it before the draft this is a weak class of QBs. The fact that Tampa jumped all the way up to get Freeman says it all to me.

I thought the Jets took a big leap on Sanchez and said he looks more like Matt Leinart 2.0. Even Jets traning camp is different then going deep into the PAC 10 with an all conference team around you. I don't think it matters who starts for the Jets first week I think they're going to have a rocky situation at QB this year.

sakebomb

Veteran
I hope it is the dirty sanchez. That just means more tv coverage for the Texans since ESPN has a "reggie bush" type school girl crush on the kid.

HOU-TEX

Ah, Football!
Coach Rex Ryan has named Mark Sanchez the Jets' starting quarterback as of Wednesday morning.

Despite his wide-eyed start to Monday's game against the Ravens, the coaches were impressed by Sanchez's ability to bounce back. He's also demonstrated leadership in the huddle and a firm grip on the offense. Just as importantly, Kellen Clemens has floundered. While it's an exciting move for the Jets, it's a situation for fantasy leaguers to avoid
http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=149014

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
That's good news. That should be a win then.

Sanchez had better not have a good game against us either. We had better not let some one year starter out of USC that's a rookie get a win against us in his first game. That would be pretty pathetic considering how we're supposed to be a team on the cusp of a playoff run. No excuse to lose that game unless Schuab were to have like 4 picks.

JDizzle

I'm a dude

Sanchez had better not have a good game against us either. We had better not let some one year starter out of USC that's a rookie get a win against us in his first game. That would be pretty pathetic considering how we're supposed to be a team on the cusp of a playoff run. No excuse to lose that game unless Schuab were to have like 4 picks.
Never forget

Brisco_County

Apples and roadmaps

If we lose, it will be because of Leon Washington. We need to be ready for the run.

HOU-TEX

Ah, Football!

After Saturday night, who knows? I think we should worry more about Jones and Washington than Sanchez. If Bell, Thomas and Co. can hang 170+ on us, what do you think they'd do to us. That is, of course, our D is status quo.

After watching MNF, they have a pretty dern good D too. I ain't calling any game a should win

m5kwatts

Veteran
Who cares who their QB is that week? If we lose this game it won't be due to the Jets offense. If we can't fend off their blitzes we have no chance in this one even if Sanchez has a horrible first game.

The Jets D is fast and blitzes every freaking down. If we don't stay in max protect, punt on 4th and 2s, and kick field goals then we won't win this one. We won't score more than 20 I'm guessing, but at the same time neither will the Jets. If our defense gets trucked through and we don't move the ball its gonna be an ugly first game.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Who cares who their QB is that week? If we lose this game it won't be due to the Jets offense. If we can't fend off their blitzes we have no chance in this one even if Sanchez has a horrible first game.

The Jets D is fast and blitzes every freaking down. If we don't stay in max protect, punt on 4th and 2s, and kick field goals then we won't win this one. We won't score more than 20 I'm guessing, but at the same time neither will the Jets. If our defense gets trucked through and we don't move the ball its gonna be an ugly first game.
Schaub is now the QB that can pick up a blitz and make the defense pay. I was very glad to see Brown catch the pass @ NO because he can be a helpful escape valve. I can see him or Slaton going for a TD against the blitz.

m5kwatts

Veteran
Schaub is now the QB that can pick up a blitz and make the defense pay. I was very glad to see Brown catch the pass @ NO because he can be a helpful escape valve. I can see him or Slaton going for a TD against the blitz.
There's no doubt Schaub can beat blitzes he was one of the best in the league at it last year. I'm speaking to more specifically the exotic blitzes Rex Ryan features which killed us vs. the Ravens last year, how the line and RBs will block it better this year. Yeah it was Sage QB'ing and that could be all the difference but we still looked lost trying to block them. I would hope that we would be more prepared for that style of defense. There were too many times during that game where we would only get a yard running the ball then it was obvious we needed to pass and they would shut that down. We were playing catch up all game and couldn't ever get back into it.

Now the Jets don't have the Ravens players but they aren't exactly a big step down either. Revis is one of the best corners in the league, Rhodes as well at safety, Bart Scott was on that Ravens D last year and Kris Jenkins is a dominant NT. There's also some sleepers on that D from what I've seen in preseason, that Harris kid looks strong and so does that kid from Rutgers. I'm hoping where a lot more prepared for this one cause we weren't for Baltimore last year.

El Tejano

Hall of Fame
I'm starting to get one of those, watch this kid dominate and look awesome and be all over Sports Center feelings that always happens to Houston Sports. You know, where typically it wouldn't happen if it were another team but because it's us it will?

Marcus

Windmill cancer survivor
Contributor's Club

I was reading posts just like this, the year we went 2-14.

Just because everyone thinks "this team is on the cusp of a playoff run", I'll just wait and see. This is H-town, the town where thinking negatively is a good betting strategy.

I can just see a big let-down coming for all these "playoffs or bust" ers. :thisbig:

El Tejano

Hall of Fame
I was reading posts just like this, the year we went 2-14.

Just because everyone thinks "this team is on the cusp of a playoff run", I'll just wait and see. This is H-town, the town where thinking negatively is a good betting strategy.

I can just see a big let-down coming for all these "playoffs or bust" ers. :thisbig:

Funny you said this because I started remembering how we were on the cusp of a playoff game and we were supposed to beat San Diego at home and then...ugh!