Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-07-2005   #21
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

I still want a huge fat guy at the position. A sequoia tree stump type of guy. Look at the success Traylor is having with the Pats. 6-2 and 340. That is the size of the guy we need to play NT.
Old 02-07-2005   #22
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

yeah that is pretty big, hard to find a guy that big still athletic enough to play the NT position.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005   #23
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 146679 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Noseguard is a tough position . Theres not a lot of guys who want to play it . Those guys get a chop block every other play . I guess that explains the chronic leg injuries .

Last edited by Honoring Earl 34; 02-07-2005 at 03:48 PM.
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005   #24
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 134504 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Walker is not suited to play NT because his game is more like a one gap players game. I think he will bounce back and have a solid year next season on the end.

Traylor can play. He isn't just some 'fat guy'. You need great balance and need to have great hands to play on the nose. I've seen smaller guys do well and larger guys do well, and pure size doesn't have that much to do with being a good player. There are tons of 350 pounders out there but most of them can't play.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005   #25
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 146679 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I bet theres not a lot of colleges that use a true 3-4 defense . So how do you find a nose guard .
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005   #26
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with Vinny that Walker's game isn't suited for NT... I don't see why Robaire Smith wouldn't be capable of being a good NT- He's certainly got the strenght and the size. I was surprised last season, when he wasn't even discussed as a NT option before Payne returned in good health.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005   #27
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

u guess the coaches figure he is suited as our DE, but i would like to see what he can do at the NT position !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read