Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 08-28-2009   #21
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AUSTIN fans: Watch party location for 2009

I'm for trying Common Interest.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009   #22
Livid13
Veteran

Rep Power: 31 Livid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
I'm for trying Common Interest.
Fine by me as well....PRIEST it is !
Old 09-11-2009   #23
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't know if any of you live in the Slaughter Lane/Circle C area or not but this place is pretty nice.

http://www.backspinaustin.com/

The website hasn't been built yet and the Gallery doesn't have the updated pics of the place. It just opened, and it's pretty cool. Don't let the gallery fool you into thinking this is a martini bar or something. Check it out. I live like a block away from this place.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009   #24
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 75856 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd be coming from the Oak Hill/ Dripping Springs area.......about how far am I looking to get to common interest? I never go to the north side of town. I thought 3rd base was ok, but I know that there were issues.....been going there for past couple years and seen the problems with the CC and some of that stuff. Place sounds alright.....just want to know approximate on time especially if it's rainy all weekend. Also, I guess I would just take MoPac from 290/71 up to 183 N? I'll try to google it but their approximations suck, so if any one can guess the travel let me know.

Not sure if I can make it this Sunday or not.....will depend on rain and my money (payday today). If I do make it, some of you guys I may have met uner my old screen name of H-Town Balla 90. I know I've met NitroHonda, rickyb and a few others at 3rd base last year.

Any head counts yet?

HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009   #25
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 75856 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Don't know if any of you live in the Slaughter Lane/Circle C area or not but this place is pretty nice.

http://www.backspinaustin.com/

The website hasn't been built yet and the Gallery doesn't have the updated pics of the place. It just opened, and it's pretty cool. Don't let the gallery fool you into thinking this is a martini bar or something. Check it out. I live like a block away from this place.

I shop at the HEB at slaughter and escarpment in the Circle C area.....where is this place...haven't seen it b4....
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009   #26
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I got an email from Pluckers saying that they want to make the Rio Grande location a spot to watch the Texans games.

Here's the email:

Quote:
After watching the Longhorns game this week, we realized how much fun it is to be surrounded by an entire bar of fans cheering for the exact same team! And we thought, why stop there? Let's extend this great feeling to the NFL!

We'll be hosting NFL Watch parties for different teams at many of our locations this year. And we've been sure to tell everyone not to worry because we'll still have the sound on the Cowboys and Texans games. But why stop there?

Calling all Texans fans! We want Pluckers Rio Grande to be THE place to watch the Texans games this year! Join us each week for the Texans games and be surrounded by other Texan fans! And of course, we'll still have all the other NFL action on our many plasma TVs.

Happy Football Season! Keep Pluckin'!

Mark, Dave and sean

Last edited by Hardcore Texan; 09-11-2009 at 03:02 PM.
Hardcore Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009   #27
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
I got an email from Pluckers saying that they want to make the Rio Grande location a spot to watch the Texans games.
I went there with my wife for the very first preseason game. It's a very very small venue.
Old 09-12-2009   #28
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 109604 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
I'd be coming from the Oak Hill/ Dripping Springs area.......about how far am I looking to get to common interest? I never go to the north side of town. I thought 3rd base was ok, but I know that there were issues.....been going there for past couple years and seen the problems with the CC and some of that stuff. Place sounds alright.....just want to know approximate on time especially if it's rainy all weekend. Also, I guess I would just take MoPac from 290/71 up to 183 N? I'll try to google it but their approximations suck, so if any one can guess the travel let me know.

Not sure if I can make it this Sunday or not.....will depend on rain and my money (payday today). If I do make it, some of you guys I may have met uner my old screen name of H-Town Balla 90. I know I've met NitroHonda, rickyb and a few others at 3rd base last year.

Any head counts yet?

If you stay on Mopac northbound, it would be an extra 12 to 15 minutes of drive time than 3rd Base.

From Mopac, take the 183 flyover eastbound (right lane), take the exit off the flyover to Burnett Rd., turn south (right) on Burnett, and it's about a mile down. Big stripcenter with a Slick Willy's in it.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009   #29
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 109604 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Here's the email:
Pluckers at Rio Grande was fun when I saw a Texans game there, but the venue is too small. There were no extra seats available. As the Texans' fanbase in Austin grows, this would become a bigger problem.

There's also no parking down there because of other businesses like Cain & Able's.

edit: When I say "no parking", I mean "limited parking". There's a parking garage next door if you feel like paying for it. The other option is to show up an hour early. It's the campus area, so parking's always a problem.

Last edited by Brisco_County; 09-12-2009 at 02:59 PM.
Old 09-12-2009   #30
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Forgot to mention, their beer prices on Sunday are at happy hour rates, and the cheapest is probably the $2 Miller Highlife.
Old 09-12-2009   #31
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Pluckers was fun when I saw a Texans game there, but the venue is too small. There were no extra seats available. As the Texans fanbase in Austin grows, this would become a bigger problem.

There's also no parking down there because of other businesses like Cain & Able's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
I went there with my wife for the very first preseason game. It's a very very small venue.
I did not know that, I have never been to the location on Rio Grande, thanks for the info, I only hit the RR one anyway, in fact I am heading up there in a couple of minutes since the Longhorn game is not Directv.
Old 09-13-2009   #32
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12220 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

My son and I will be at the RR Pluckers if anyone comes in give me a holler! We'll be in our Blue Ryans jerseys.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009   #33
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

So has anybody shown up there at Common Interest?
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009   #34
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12220 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

There were 4 others at Pluckers Round Rock besides myself and my son. Considering it was a home game and other local options (plus being on TV) I was glad to see them there. I'll be back again this Sunday.
Old 09-17-2009   #35
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookinreds View Post
There were 4 others at Pluckers Round Rock besides myself and my son. Considering it was a home game and other local options (plus being on TV) I was glad to see them there. I'll be back again this Sunday.
I probably won't make it out there this Sunday, and I was at the game last Sunday. I will most likely just save up my money in case they stop airing the games cause then I will be there every Sunday.
Old 09-17-2009   #36
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I probably won't make it out there this Sunday, and I was at the game last Sunday. I will most likely just save up my money in case they stop airing the games cause then I will be there every Sunday.
"Probably" "most likely"...so your saying there's a chance!
Old 09-18-2009   #37
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWig View Post
So has anybody shown up there at Common Interest?
Only a couple people were there to watch the Texans. The owner is a Cowboys fan, but he put the Texans game on the big screen and the Cowboys on a small one because he's committed to attracting a Texans customer base. When I told him only a couple Texans fans showed up, he said that's to be expected early on.

Of course, if the Texans can't win against tough opponents, no one will come out anyway.
Old 09-18-2009   #38
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

I also discovered that Common Interest has $2.75 bloody maries on Sunday.
Old 09-20-2009   #39
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Ok...the day is on schedule...I'll be a Pluckers Round Rock with my son (both #59) and my Bronco buddy by 11:30. See, the Texans/Bronco connection even bleeds down to friendships too. Come one come all, don't be shy!
Old 09-20-2009   #40
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookinreds View Post
Ok...the day is on schedule...I'll be a Pluckers Round Rock with my son (both #59) and my Bronco buddy by 11:30. See, the Texans/Bronco connection even bleeds down to friendships too. Come one come all, don't be shy!
Have fun!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read