Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-31-2009   #1
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default My feelings about Demeco and OD!!!

In 2006 you were ridiculed, laughed at, every sports show in the nation mocked you, an internet cartoon show had your staff drawn up as clowns coming out of a tiny car upon arriving at the 2006 draft, Pluckers in Austin had a radio advertisement that asked people to come watch the 2007draft at their restaraunt to watch you draft a placekicker in the 1st round. All these things because you drafted what was supposed to be "the worst draft ever."

Owen Daniels and Demeco Ryans become two out of 3 Pro Bowlers from that draft and make you look like geniuses. I'm sorry but an exception needs to be made!!! Sign these two and pay them back for making you look right!!!!
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009   #2
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My feelings about Demeco and OD!!!

There are several factors going into this. These players are under contract. The CBA adds many questions as to how their contracts will play out. Also, the FO is hard at work trying to get the final pick under contract. Give it time.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009   #3
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
In 2006 you were ridiculed, laughed at, every sports show in the nation mocked you, an internet cartoon show had your staff drawn up as clowns coming out of a tiny car upon arriving at the 2006 draft, Pluckers in Austin had a radio advertisement that asked people to come watch the 2007draft at their restaraunt to watch you draft a placekicker in the 1st round. All these things because you drafted what was supposed to be "the worst draft ever."

Owen Daniels and Demeco Ryans become two out of 3 Pro Bowlers from that draft and make you look like geniuses. I'm sorry but an exception needs to be made!!! Sign these two and pay them back for making you look right!!!!

ahhh, but haven't you heard? These guys are EASY to replace! Just pick a player, any player, and *VIOLA!*, problem solved. So easy a cavem...errrr....Texans fan can do it!
Old 07-31-2009   #4
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
ahhh, but haven't you heard? These guys are EASY to replace! Just pick a player, any player, and *VIOLA!*, problem solved. So easy a cavem...errrr....Texans fan can do it!
Exactly. We have been so successful in free agency and everyone on the team is replaceable. Hell, we can lose Mario Williams and just plug in Antonio Smith or Tim Bulman and still be a playoff team. So screw all of those greedy players!
Old 07-31-2009   #5
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post

I think Ryans and OD should get paid due to how they have played since being drafted and in time I am sure they will as they are to valueable to loose. I still feel they should be out there showing the Texans and the world why they should have a bigger contract and keep reminding everyone how good they are I think only positive things would happen for them if they were to do that. Also, I wish all sports players would take a step back for a second and unstand where they came from and how far they have come because not everyone makes it this far and makes the amount of money they are already going to make just by signing with any team in any sport and not be such a money hog when their are other folks just trying to earn a living not just OD and Ryans but every single person in the industry. I know this will never ever happen but it would be nice to see JMHO.

Last edited by gary; 07-31-2009 at 06:45 PM.
gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009   #6
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202148 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Prospective Texans replacement players................Let the games begin!

CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009   #7
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202148 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I think Ryans and OD should get paid due to how they have played since being drafted and in time I am sure they will as they are to valueable to loose. I still feel they should be out there showing the Texans and the world why they should have a bigger contract and keep reminding everyone how good they are I think only positive things would happen for them if they were to do that. Also, I wish all sports players would take a step back for a second and unstand where they came from and how far they have come because not everyone makes it this far and makes the amount of money they are already going to make just by signing with any team in any sport and not be such a money hog when their are other folks just trying to earn a living not just OD and Ryans but every single person in the industry. I know this will never ever happen but it would be nice to see JMHO.
Fine thoughts, Grasshopper.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-31-2009   #8
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Fine thoughts, Grasshopper.
Thank you.
Old 07-31-2009   #9
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Was our entire draft really ridiculed or was it just the Mario pick?
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009   #10
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

hmmm i not to sure what we should do

What do the good teams do like pittsburg when there top players ask for more money over there past 10 year history do they pay them or replace them with better guys ????

u cant pay everyone on your roster top money can u ?????
Norg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009   #11
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Rep your way!
Old 08-01-2009   #12
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213051 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstars View Post
Was our entire draft really ridiculed or was it just the Mario pick?
Mostly the Mario/Not-Reggie pick.
As I recall, we still got B and B+ draft grades in 2006
...for whatever those are worth
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009   #13
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey OD and Demeco will get signed and they will be paid. It is Business 101 and they are at camp while KNUCLEHEAD Dunta is crying. I would not worry about players that are in camp. That shows the head office who wants to play. I have Deep respect for these two and have lost respect for Dunta.
Old 08-01-2009   #14
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Right on, G!!
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009   #15
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You are fuller of contradiction I can't compete!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009   #16
texanskan
Veteran

Section: 115 Row H
Rep Power: 611 texanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to texanskan

My thoughts are Demeco is very, very important to this team and something needs to get done ASAP to keep him here long term.

OD is a very nice player but I can see a guy like Casey stepping in and being the player Daniels is. When you get good you have to make tough choices and sometimes you have to let a player go.

If we re-up everyone/pay for contract kickers (Shaub and Mario) and can only keep 2 out of the 3 between Dunta/Ryans/OD than I say it's a no brainier that you keep Ryans and Dunta if it's only 1 than it's Ryans imo

OD can play but I think our system makes him look very good and it was a nice move to get a James Casey that might be a cheaper replacement

my .02

"You either got a jump shot or you slang crack rock"
texanskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009   #17
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1065 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

If you look at what has been going on lately with teams in the NFL, the more players complain publicly about their contract situations the less apt these teams are to cave in to their demands. Just look around the league at players like Anquan Boldin, Julius Peppers, Brandon Marshall, and Josh Cribbs. The louder they've bitched to the media about their contract situation, the less progress has been made. On the other hand, you see guys like Terrell Suggs and Heath Miller who get fat new contracts and we haven't heard a peep from them prior to their contract situation being resolved. The Dolphins are negotiating a new contract with Ronnie Brown. He's stayed quiet and he's probably about to get paid handsomely. What I'm getting at is if our guys (DeMeco, OD, and Dunta) just shut their mouths and get things done behind closed doors the right way, then they will get their situations resolved also. The more they complain publicly, the less it seems that the team is willing to negotiate.
Old 08-01-2009   #18
Lucky

Rep Power: 153310 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan JBZ View Post
The more they complain publicly, the less it seems that the team is willing to negotiate.
There's no merit to that argument. A much more likely reason behind players not speaking out is their agents telling these players they are close to a deal. As opposed to the players who are speaking out, whose agents aren't close to a deal. And in some cases aren't even talking contract with the teams.

There's some solid rationale for players to go to the media with contract complaints. Such as, it embarrasses the team. Owners want only good publicity, and acrimonious contract negotiations doesn't fall under that category. Then, the owner may put pressure on the GM, who in turn might give in a little quicker to get a deal signed. If going to the media didn't help players get better deals, agents would tell them to zip it.
Old 08-01-2009   #19
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2410 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

If you want to believe John McClain, he says in his blog the Texans offered Demeco top 5 money and Owen top 4.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009   #20
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1065 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
There's no merit to that argument. A much more likely reason behind players not speaking out is their agents telling these players they are close to a deal. As opposed to the players who are speaking out, whose agents aren't close to a deal. And in some cases aren't even talking contract with the teams.

There's some solid rationale for players to go to the media with contract complaints. Such as, it embarrasses the team. Owners want only good publicity, and acrimonious contract negotiations doesn't fall under that category. Then, the owner may put pressure on the GM, who in turn might give in a little quicker to get a deal signed. If going to the media didn't help players get better deals, agents would tell them to zip it.
Lucky, name one player of late that has went to the media went contract disputes and ended up getting what they wanted from the team. Let's check the list: Boldin, Ochocinco, Peppers, Robinson, Cribbs, Marshall, Nick Collins, etc. Then check out players who've gotten new contracts or have had their contracts re-worked without complaining through the media: Jennings, McNabb, Suggs, Miller, Jacobs, Gross, Hayden, Bartell, etc. And these guys have gotten really good contracts without making a huge media fuss about it.

And I vehemently disagree that these players are embarrassing the team. They are mostly embarrassing themselves, especially during these tough economic times. Nobody wants to hear a multi-millionaire complaining to the media about how they feel wronged about a team offering them a multi-million dollar contract.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read