Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2009   #101
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 107472 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Official Training Camp Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Jamison perhaps? I know he is supposed to have #92 but on the photo it looks like he is #70

Ah, I think you might be right. Zgonina's coming back so he probably gave up the number for him.
Old 07-31-2009   #102
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

The Glover pick I'm not sure who's fault it was lol.
Old 07-31-2009   #103
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

When is the open practice with N.O.?
Old 07-31-2009   #104
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Jamison perhaps? I know he is supposed to have #92 but on the photo it looks like he is #70

Must be him, unless he's wearing #60, LOL!

Jamison is really quite strong, especially considering his size.
Jeremiah, I think, is not 100% at the moment. Maybe quite far from it!
Foster, I've always think will emerge.
U. Tenn and Oregon St., once in a while would run a version of the ZBS that has the blockers and runners go a little more sideway than normal as compared to us.
The runner may run along with the train to look for an opening.
If he sees one, he cut; if not, he continues to the sideline.

Also they have a better mix of outside zone play than us; our bread and butter was off RG, then off LG.

Their coaches gave the runners the green light to run to daylight more than ours.

But both Foster and Jeremiah are capable inside runners, especially Foster!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009   #105
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 107472 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
When is the open practice with N.O.?
August 19 and 20th, but it says the 20th is closed. Hurry up and register while you still can, Gary.

A link from Vinny:
https://www.onlineregistrationcenter...sp?m=143&c=205
Old 07-31-2009   #106
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
The Glover pick I'm not sure who's fault it was lol.
Who threw the pick? Was he pressured?
On what kind of route? Who was the receiver? Did he run the route correctly?
Was it a good read by Glover?
Old 07-31-2009   #107
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
August 19 and 20th, but it says the 20th is closed. Hurry up and register while you still can, Gary.

A link from Vinny:
https://www.onlineregistrationcenter...sp?m=143&c=205
Thanks for the link, guys!
Sponsored links
Old 07-31-2009   #108
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Here are my random thoughts in no particular order...

Cato June looked spent. He didn't seem to have the zip that I was looking for. June also played all three LB positions. He mainly flip flopped with Adibi. Adibi would play strong while June would play weak then another Adibi would play weak while June played strong. Basically flip flopping. I found that interesting. Anyway, June looked really slow.

Travis Johnson was at camp. I never saw Barwin but others on the board said he was there.

Slaton looked beastly. I was stunned at his speed and vision. Really! Slaton has his act together. He is a bonafide starting runningback. Moats had good bursts but Foster definitely has the upperhand. Brown looked healthy but Foster looked by far better.

Duane Brown kind of was pissing me off a little bit. He kept sitting down on the coolers. He looked very spent halfway through the practice. It just bothered me to see him coming back to the cooler and sitting on it. I think he did that four times. Nobody else sat on coolers.

Jacoby will not make it out of training camp if he keeps up the subpar performances. He looked terrible. Still trying to juke after the catch. He needs to take a page from David Anderson who caught kicks and ran north instead of juking right after the catch. He also dropped some passes as well as bobbled a punt or two.

Schaub is in CONTROL. He looked outstanding. This is his team. He stood out.

Orlovsky looked great! I'm very comfortable with Orlovsky.

Grossman looked terrible. His passes lacked zip in them. The passes would begin to sink once they reach their halfway point. It seemed like the players would have to drop their hands to pull up a Grossman pass. It also didn't go from his arm to the WR very quick. More of a floater than anythin else. It also seemed like Grossman hit the wrong WR a time or two.

We saw Kris Brown once again. We interviewed him a couple seasons ago and he recognized us. He picked up our newborn baby and we took pictures. Yay!!

Training camp was loads of fun. No problems this time around either but then again all I did was watch the field the whole time. I let the wife take the kids around.
Old 07-31-2009   #109
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

I signed up for 4 for each practice against the "Aint's"
Old 07-31-2009   #110
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post

Cato June looked spent. He didn't seem to have the zip that I was looking for. June also played all three LB positions. He mainly flip flopped with Adibi. Adibi would play strong while June would play weak then another Adibi would play weak while June played strong. Basically flip flopping. I found that interesting. Anyway, June looked really slow.

Travis Johnson was at camp. I never saw Barwin but others on the board said he was there.

Slaton looked beastly. I was stunned at his speed and vision. Really! Slaton has his act together. He is a bonafide starting runningback. Moats had good bursts but Foster definitely has the upperhand. Brown looked healthy but Foster looked by far better.

Duane Brown kind of was pissing me off a little bit. He kept sitting down on the coolers. He looked very spent halfway through the practice. It just bothered me to see him coming back to the cooler and sitting on it. I think he did that four times. Nobody else sat on coolers.

Jacoby will not make it out of training camp if he keeps up the subpar performances. He looked terrible. Still trying to juke after the catch. He needs to take a page from David Anderson who caught kicks and ran north instead of juking right after the catch. He also dropped some passes as well as bobbled a punt or two.

Schaub is in CONTROL. He looked outstanding. This is his team. He stood out.

Orlovsky looked great! I'm very comfortable with Orlovsky.

Grossman looked terrible. His passes lacked zip in them. The passes would begin to sink once they reach their halfway point. It seemed like the players would have to drop their hands to pull up a Grossman pass. It also didn't go from his arm to the WR very quick. More of a floater than anythin else. It also seemed like Grossman hit the wrong WR a time or two.

We saw Kris Brown once again. We interviewed him a couple seasons ago and he recognized us. He picked up our newborn baby and we took pictures. Yay!!

Training camp was loads of fun. No problems this time around either but then again all I did was watch the field the whole time. I let the wife take the kids around.
LOL! Where was he sitting on coolers? Were you over by the other field watching individuals? Or in the stands? I didn't really get to watch the LT position during team drills. The damn 1st down marker was right in that path.
Old 07-31-2009   #111
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
LOL! Where was he sitting on coolers? Were you over by the other field watching individuals? Or in the stands? I didn't really get to watch the LT position during team drills. The damn 1st down marker was right in that path.
I saw guys sitting on coolers last year!
Old 07-31-2009   #112
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I saw guys sitting on coolers last year!
The difference was that I only saw Duane Brown sitting on them. It spoke volumes to me. It really did. I saw a coach tell him to get up and he laughed at him before fumbling off.

HOU-TEX, I was in the endzone between the stands and the other practice field. They had the coolers on my end for the first part of practice before they moved them over to the other end of the field.
Old 07-31-2009   #113
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 158703 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

how crowded was camp and was the crowd early arriving? hope they don't cancel tomorrow.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009   #114
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:

Kris is always nice!

It's interesting about June and Adibi; I guess we wanted to try different things to see how they work.

What I noticed from last year was that at times, we have kinda like an acttacking OLB and a stay-at-home OLB. Same thing with the DTs and the DEs.
Old 07-31-2009   #115
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
The difference was that I only saw Duane Brown sitting on them. It spoke volumes to me. It really did. I saw a coach tell him to get up and he laughed at him before fumbling off.

HOU-TEX, I was in the endzone between the stands and the other practice field. They had the coolers on my end for the first part of practice before they moved them over to the other end of the field.
LOL, I guess he was the first one, and when the coach gave him the signal, others wouldn't dare sit down, LOL!

Guys who sat down were younger guys.
I think last year Duane was all hyped up as a rookie, so he never even think about sitting down, and didn't pay attention to whether any guy did.
This year, he probably thought that he can rest his laurel a little.
But he found out, LOL!!!
Old 07-31-2009   #116
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:

Ah, gotcha. I was going to mosey on over there, but with no pads I didn't think the big nasties would be going at it very hard. When the pads are on I usually make it a priority to watch the trench work on the other field. I just kicked back in the stands today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
how crowded was camp and was the crowd early arriving? hope they don't cancel tomorrow.
It was actually more crowded than I thought it'd be considering today being a work day. The stands were full and maybe another 100 or so standing behind the endzone.

I got there at 8:15 and it was pretty crowded.
Old 07-31-2009   #117
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 158703 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It was actually more crowded than I thought it'd be considering today being a work day. The stands were full and maybe another 100 or so standing behind the endzone.

thanks, I find it weird how the fans come early to camp every year but can't get the stands as full before kickoff in a regular season game.

Old 07-31-2009   #118
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Ah, gotcha. I was going to mosey on over there, but with no pads I didn't think the big nasties would be going at it very hard. When the pads are on I usually make it a priority to watch the trench work on the other field. I just kicked back in the stands today.

Hey, it's Friday!
Old 07-31-2009   #119
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I do not like crowds much. That being said, I was fairly comfortable. I was always able to find a good spot to watch camp from various places. It was full yet not crowded.

I thought everyone arrived early, if not on time. A really good number of people were there when it started.
Old 07-31-2009   #120
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
I do not like crowds much. That being said, I was fairly comfortable. I was always able to find a good spot to watch camp from various places. It was full yet not crowded.

I thought everyone arrived early, if not on time. A really good number of people were there when it started.
I'm just gonna have to get there early this year. The last time I went the stands were packed and I had to lean on my cane for over an hour to watch....that was a pain in the keyster.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read