Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2009   #501
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Official Training Camp Thread

That was easily the most entertaining practice I've been to. Leach, Winston and Demeco manned up, big time. The heat was up, tensions were high, and the crowd was amped up. Schockey being b-slapped by demeco was easily the highlight of my day. I've never ever liked that guy.

Also, Okam looked stout taking on some double teams. Did anyone else notice this? He was firing off of the ball and showed some strength in the middle. I'm so ready for this Saturday night.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009   #502
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Kubiak, in the video clip, says the following:

The 1st stringers will play the 1st quarter, and half of the 2nd quarter.

The 2's will play from halfway through the 2nd quarter to end of the 4th quarter.

The 3's will play the 4th quarter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Won't the game be over at that point?
I figure with this plan of Kubiak's we should expect a big 4th quarter. With 22 guys on the field we should have an advantage.

Just hope he's talked this through with the Zebra's.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009   #503
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Buster Davis put a nice lick on one of their backup RB's
reggie bush?
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009   #504
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Also, Okam looked stout taking on some double teams. Did anyone else notice this? He was firing off of the ball and showed some strength in the middle. I'm so ready for this Saturday night.
Out of everything else that's been said about this week, that gives me the most hope. If Okam can keep this up and plug up the interior line of the opposing offense, we are in good shape.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009   #505
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Out of everything else that's been said about this week, that gives me the most hope. If Okam can keep this up and plug up the interior line of the opposing offense, we are in good shape.
That would certainly extend DeMeco's career a couple years.
Old 08-21-2009   #506
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Won't the game be over at that point?

LOL. OK, OK...I see where I messed up.

The wife was nagging at me to get off the computer, so I hurried a little.

LOL.
Old 08-23-2009   #507
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

IM telling myself and friends the same thing as if we'd blown New Orleans out of the water "its NFL preseason, maybe the most meaningless preseason sport" Take nothing from it but injuries......

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-24-2009   #508
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I just got back to the office and I must say, our defense kicked bootay today. There was constant pressure in the backfield. The DB's were tight. It was a sight for sore eyes.

There were fights every where! I was only watching defense today and there were two fights on our defensive side. D-Ryans and Shockey got into it pretty good. The other was on the far side of the field so I didn't get but the second number which was a 1. I think it was either Thompson or Harrison.

You just knew there was going to be fights when Daddy Gibbs was pacing back and forth through the warm up lines barking "this is our statement day"! Well, I think the D made a statement Mr Gibbs.

There were a couple more on the main field where the offense was so I didn't see those. I believe my boy Leach was in one of them.

We (defense) were most definitely the more aggressive. I think we only allowed 1 score during the redzone drill. McCain should've had a pick on the goaline, but it bounced out of his hands. Richardson almost had another in the endzone.

Buster Davis put a nice lick on one of their backup RB's

I'll post more as it comes to me, but that was a very fun practice to watch!
I should've known it was too good to be true. Inconsistancy at it's best......once again.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read