Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 07-26-2009   #1
Houston_Breed
Rookie

Default Eric Berry

I know it is really early but i have had my eyes on this kid for a while and i want to know what you guys think about the Texans possibly getting him in the draft next year. He is one of the top 10 players in the draft next year but Safeties rarely go in the top 10 aside from Ronnie Lott, Sean Taylor, and LaRon Landry.

Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HkG4UD-yNc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnB2T...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk7Oj8wmRLQ&feature=fvw
Houston_Breed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009   #2
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Eric Berry

Wrong forum, I think!

I do like the kid (among others), may be he will be one of the Texans' considerations.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009   #3
Ckw

I'm hoping we won't be drafting early enough to get him, so the only way I see it happening is if we trade up.
Old 07-26-2009   #4
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Kid will be a top 7 pick ATLEAST.....he's a big time playmaker

It may sound crass, but I think his safety counterpart at Tennessee Demetrice Morley was even better than Berry, until he got arrested and probably fell off NFL radars completely. He could be had for cheap in next year's draft.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009   #5
Houston_Breed
Rookie

Well i am thinking that since Mays, Ndamukong Suh, McCoy, Hardy, Tebow, Bradford, etc. That he may fall because of needs at other positions by other teams.
Houston_Breed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009   #6
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

I honestly cannot say much about him now. There are so many players that look like top 10 picks at this point and then fail to deliver in the season. Every year we see kids who are touted as top 10 only to drop into the 2nd or third round when the draft rolls around. Sometimes this is due to injuries.

Anyone remember FS William Moore from Missouri? At one point he was a top 10 pick and then a early to mid first round lock. He ends up getting injured, missed a couple of games, and had his film picked to death. End result: he gets drafted in the late 2nd round. I don't know if Barry will be in this position, but who knows. Lets see what he does on the field this year.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009   #7
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm in the same boat as awtysst, but I will add that if Berry keeps improving at the rate he has been, then he will be a top five pick. That's crazy for a DB, but he is that good.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-29-2009   #8
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I'm in the same boat as awtysst, but I will add that if Berry keeps improving at the rate he has been, then he will be a top five pick. That's crazy for a DB, but he is that good.
What's your prediction for a top five list? I'm just curious!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009   #9
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
What's your prediction for a top five list? I'm just curious!
Well it is way to far ahead to be accurate but if I had to guess now I would say Berry, Sam Bradford (top QB), Russell Okung (top OT), Carlos Dunlap (top DE), and whichever of the top three DT's fits best (Gerald McCoy, Ndamukong Suh, Terrence Cody). Not necessarily in that order but there's some names for you.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read