Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-26-2009   #1
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Cushing benches 225lbs 35x

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcxMsC3ny8g

Has anybody seen this video yet?........this kid is completely yoked out of his mind.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009   #2
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cushing benches 225lbs 35x

Excellent video. Thanks for posting it.

That was apparently posted yesterday by the owner of the gym. It looks like Mr. Cushing is fired up and ready for camp.

I hope he has a great year this year.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009   #3
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Now, he just needs to get on the field and destroy some TEs!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009   #4
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

I can tell Cushing sure does a lot of bench pressing by looking at the wear and tear on his shirt! WOW!
Old 07-26-2009   #5
gwallaia

Rep Power: 88694 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Big deal, that's only 35 more times than I can do.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009   #6
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

stud.
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009   #7
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Big deal, that's only 35 more times than I can do.
I used to be able to do 14 in college. These days though, I'm with you.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-26-2009   #8
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm taking the count down for not locking out early in the set

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009   #9
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
I used to be able to do 14 in college. These days though, I'm with you.
Yeah, the last time I was in Saudi in the Air Force and worked out a ton, I used to do 4 sets on the bench with free weights while doing chest.

I would do 155 X 12 reps, 165 X 10, 175 X 8, and 185 X 6. IF I didn't do those, I could do 225 around 16 times or so IIRC. I weighed 176 lbs at the time. And even though I didn't ever max out then, one day about 30 mins after a full work out while sitting around and talking about our lifting regimens, I put up 315 once on the bench (machine weights). I was strong as a horse then. So yeah, 35 reps boggles the mind.
Old 07-26-2009   #10
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Don't understand what you mean? Confused. Sorry.
Old 07-26-2009   #11
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 27679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Don't understand what you mean? Confused. Sorry.
he didnt fully lock his arms in the earlier reps.
Ryan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009   #12
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, I know what you're saying, but nobody really does.......ever watched the "NFL's strongest man comp."? They never lock out either, lol usually it's some big guy with short arms that wins that thing.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009   #13
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yep, that look like cheating to me. Impressive, but not exactly 35 real reps.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009   #14
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

LenWhale White should be crapping his pants by now with dreams of Cushing picking him up and body slamming him.
Old 07-26-2009   #15
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 267323 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
225 seems to be a major landmark.....thought you might find this interesting: Program for the 225 Bencher
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009   #16
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
225 seems to be a major landmark.....thought you might find this interesting: Program for the 225 Bencher
That is an excellent looking workout plan. It seems very doable.

Are the weekly plans that you linked based on one workout per week? Do you know?
Old 07-26-2009   #17
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 267323 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post
That is an excellent looking workout plan. It seems very doable.

Are the weekly plans that you linked based on one workout per week? Do you know?
Quote:
The World record holder Chabot only benches once per month and skips a muscle group each day to ensure recovery. It's important to do little and get out of the gym.
Quote:
For Assistance work during this program-- DO. Rack lockouts, skull crushers, and close grip incline presses. Keep the reps under 5.You want to stop just before you fail in the power game, but still make it hard. On other bench press days do shoulder work and do high rep tricep push downs.
It implies that the regimen is once a week, excercising other muscle groups the rest of the week. But it would seem that lighter weights would be used for the same muscle groups at least at one additional weekly sessions.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009   #18
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
It implies that the regimen is once a week, excercising other muscle groups the rest of the week. But it would seem that lighter weights would be used for the same muscle groups at least at one additional weekly sessions.
Well, that means you have to get completely into it then.

I used to be able to bench press 225, and I have been doing push ups several times a week for several months now. I was hoping I could somehow just get by with doing the workout as printed without much more added on.

Apparently not.

Last edited by MojoMan; 07-26-2009 at 10:53 PM.
Old 07-27-2009   #19
Ben Frank
Rookie

Rep Power: 1431 Ben Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respected

Impressive Video, but I think I was more impressed with that Texans logo on the shorts.. it made me proud to see a beast supporting the Texans and not just random workout gear
Ben Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009   #20
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 615 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Frank View Post
Impressive Video, but I think I was more impressed with that Texans logo on the shorts.. it made me proud to see a beast supporting the Texans and not just random workout gear

I can't agree more than what Ben said above. We all knew that Cush was a workout warrior but to see him throw up and I mean THROW up 225, 35 times in HOUSTON TEXANS shorts was OUTSTANDING!

And for any "man" who thinks putting 225, 35 times is a piece of cake, I have $1,000 cash to witness that live, plus you have to be steroid free and gh free.

Besides, Mr. Cushing! ;-)
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read