Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-26-2009   #1
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1517 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns
Default [FOX Sports] No Sophomore Slump For Slaton

http://msn.foxsports.com/video?vid=8...8-5656e5074328

Its short, but its always nice to hear some national love.
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009   #2
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10234 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: [FOX Sports] No Sophomore Slump For Slaton

Steve Slaaaaaton!

He's very... dramatic

Funny clip though!
Old 07-26-2009   #3
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

he seems a little tipsy on that vid. ive never seen him before so maybe hes always like that
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009   #4
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1517 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
he seems a little tipsy on that vid. ive never seen him before so maybe hes always like that
Yeah, he almost sounded like a SNL character making fun of someone.
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009   #5
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

LOL, the first image in that package is of Andre Johnson!

Good to hear someone out there thinks Steve can hold up. There has been a ton of talk about him breaking down... I don't think he'll break down, necessarily - I just really, really hope they truly give the complimentary back the 10-12 carries they say they are. It will extend Steve's career.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009   #6
barrett
Hall of Fame

Section: 636
Rep Power: 1155 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw that I thought he was going to reference Johnson as a reason why Slaton would do well.
Old 07-26-2009   #7
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, I kept waiting for it. Heh.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-26-2009   #8
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 51471 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I sure hope Steve Slaytun doesn't fall victim to the Sophomore slump. I expect big things this season from Steve Slaytun.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS BARATHEON PUSHED IT!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009   #9
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

i still think he needs either a rookie back or maybe a good vet behind him

Anyone has to be better then Green was last year so maybe Slaton will acctually get less touches ...and that might be a good thing
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009   #10
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1155 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Actually, when Green played he played well.
Old 07-27-2009   #11
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109917 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
when he wasn't looking for a place to fall down.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009   #12
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30803 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Go Slaton go run your heart out run your team right into the playoffs in 2009, 2010, 2011, whatever but please lets make it sooner rather than later.
Old 07-27-2009   #13
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
when he wasn't looking for a place to fall down.
I agree. IMO, Green was average at best when running the ball. Being the bigger back, he seemed easier to bring down than Slaton. Like Vinny said, he seemed to hit the ground as he was breaking through the first level.

I was one that got excited when we initially signed Green. I'm now excited we're moving on without him. However, I'm not really enthused with what we currently have behind Slaton, but willing to let the RB battle play itself out in the preseason. Whether it is somebody currently on the roster, or a player brought in after camp begins, I expect more production than what we got from Green.
Old 07-27-2009   #14
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109917 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I agree. IMO, Green was average at best when running the ball. Being the bigger back, he seemed easier to bring down than Slaton. Like Vinny said, he seemed to hit the ground as he was breaking through the first level.

I was one that got excited when we initially signed Green. I'm now excited we're moving on without him. However, I'm not really enthused with what we currently have behind Slaton, but willing to let the RB battle play itself out in the preseason. Whether it is somebody currently on the roster, or a player brought in after camp begins, I expect more production than what we got from Green.
yeah, sadly funny 'cause I was fired up too...till that preseason game where he burst through off-tackle - knees high and before the linebacker could make contact, he found a nice comfortable spot to fall down. I took down my new batman siggy that day. RIP

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009   #15
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19489 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for posting the vid, it has already been added to my facebook page.
Old 07-27-2009   #16
barrett
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
yeah, sadly funny 'cause I was fired up too...till that preseason game where he burst through off-tackle - knees high and before the linebacker could make contact, he found a nice comfortable spot to fall down. I took down my new batman siggy that day. RIP

I think it was the first Tacks game where he lowers his shoulder and just destroys the guy. Safety? CB? I dont remember but I don't think it's fair to say he didn't run hard. He had so few runs. There were some bulling his way. I remember one on the goal line as well. You're probably right though, at his age I bet he was not giving it all on every play.
Old 07-27-2009   #17
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 32050 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think it was the first Tacks game where he lowers his shoulder and just destroys the guy. Safety? CB? I dont remember but I don't think it's fair to say he didn't run hard. He had so few runs. There were some bulling his way. I remember one on the goal line as well. You're probably right though, at his age I bet he was not giving it all on every play.
Are you talking about Green or Slaton?
Old 07-27-2009   #18
barrett
Hall of Fame

Green. He had a handful of tough runs. I am not suggesting that he was productive. But I think he did run hard at times.
Old 07-27-2009   #19
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 32050 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Green. He had a handful of tough runs. I am not suggesting that he was productive. But I think he did run hard at times.
I remember Slaton running over a couple of Titans, including Michael Griffin at the goalline. But I don't think Green even played against the tacks.
Old 07-27-2009   #20
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
All Green did was steal TDs from Steve Slaton, and ultimately, points from fantast football.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read