Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-05-2005   #21
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

hmmm how about Steve Mckinney i mean really,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ok ok dont worry i'm joking !! had ya scared didnt i ? Ok my vote goes to i would have to agree with Sassy its gotta be Jamie Sharper !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005   #22
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

I'll choose the Pro Bowler ahead of the career pace's of guys like Chris Carter and Jerry Rice.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005   #23
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

well jamie sharper has been very good, and if not for our records should of been to the pro bowl the last 2 seasons !
Old 02-05-2005   #24
Texans29
waterboy

Send a message via Yahoo to Texans29

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEFUTURE
if there is a defensive franchise player it definatly has to be Junior Ioane
He has the coolest name of all the Texans by far!!
Texans29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005   #25
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

has he ever even played in a game ? i havent ever seen him !
Old 03-09-2005   #26
M@DD Mike
Rookie

Definately Johnson. Maybe DD can stay healthy all next season and take the title. Dunta has the Defensive side by a landslide.
Old 03-09-2005   #27
yaboycm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
I would say AJ only because he's the one player I hear and read other teams fans and the TV guys talking about. Close second would be David but I'll say AJ.
Why don't you form your own opinion by watching the games and analyzing them yourself instead of listening to what the biased media has to say? A clear example of one of the things wrong with this country. Too many people letting what others say form their opinion instead of forming one of their own. I would have to say ANDRE JOHNSON is the TEAM MVP. I love Carr and think he is a close second. But, the Texans can win football games without David. Sure the Texans can win without Johnson as well. Tony Banks is an admirable backup who has proven himself in the past. If you take away Johnson, Gafney and Bradford are a HUGE step back. Especially in the case of Bradford. The argument also depends on the way you look at it - What MVP means. Is it the best player or most important player. I think Andre is the best player and most important as the team stands now. But if Banks is gone and Ragone is suddenly the backup, I would say Carr is the MVP, in the context of valuable to the team. Remember the J'Ville game at J'Ville in the second year with Ragone starting. It was disgusting. Remember last year with Carr starting? Victory. Certainly different teams, different year, but there was a drastic change with Carr on the field.
Old 03-09-2005   #28
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaboycm
Remember the J'Ville game at J'Ville in the second year with Ragone starting. It was disgusting.
Yes it was disgusting. But what was really disgusting was everyone that put the blame at Ragone's/Hollings' feet when a blind analyst from a box seat could have seen the OL all put on Micky Mouse hats and drew red capes at the sideline before walking on the field to either run or pass block--and frankly the WR's decided to have a case of the dropseys as well that day, not to mention the D deciding they wouldn't play if the O wasn't going to give them a chance to win anyway.
Old 03-09-2005   #29
yaboycm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Yes it was disgusting. But what was really disgusting was everyone that put the blame at Ragone's/Hollings' feet when a blind analyst from a box seat could have seen the OL all put on Micky Mouse hats and drew red capes at the sideline before walking on the field to either run or pass block--and frankly the WR's decided to have a case of the dropseys as well that day, not to mention the D deciding they wouldn't play if the O wasn't going to give them a chance to win anyway.
And he played real well the next game against Tampa.

GAMEDATE Opp RESULT Att Comp Pct Yds TD Int Rate
12/07 @Jacksonville L 0-27 23 11 47.8 71 0 1 36.7
12/14 @Tampa Bay L 3-16 17 9 52.9 64 0 0 61.9
Old 03-09-2005   #30
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:

But if you remember, AJ dropped 3 passes from Ragone against TB and of those passes would of been good for about 40 yards and once of them could of been taken to the house.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005   #31
uga_iv
Rookie

Are you guys kidding? It's TORO!
uga_iv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005   #32
texansfan88
All Pro

The "franchise" is David Carr. You can go around to anyone in houston, and they'd know who he is...he is the face of the organization...talent wise though, I'd go Andre Johnson. I actually pulled out the Nebraska/Miami game from the Rose Bowl his sophomore year I believe? and he absolutely rocked that game.
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005   #33
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Yeah and the OL still wasn't done with their torreador act giving up 5 sacks. IMO it is just silly to think those two games gave any indication of Ragone's ability.
Old 03-10-2005   #34
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

JJ Moses for sure.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005   #35
snoopmeg2002
Rookie

I think DD is going to be a future franchise rb.
snoopmeg2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005   #36
uga_iv
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
JJ Moses for sure.
If only he could part defenses like his namesake could the Red Sea . . .
uga_iv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #37
yaboycm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Yeah and the OL still wasn't done with their torreador act giving up 5 sacks. IMO it is just silly to think those two games gave any indication of Ragone's ability.
So what is a good indication how how good of an NFL player he will be? Since putting him in the games and letting him play isnt according to you.
Old 03-14-2005   #38
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
So what is a good indication how how good of an NFL player he will be? Since putting him in the games and letting him play isnt according to you.
Well hmmm let's see--how about putting him in the game behind an OL that is actually working? Hey that could work.
Old 03-15-2005   #39
texansfan88
All Pro

franchise player we'd never get rid of? Jamie sharper! oh...wait...
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #40
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I still say Sharper is one of our MVP's.. I believe there is more to the story than meets the eye.. I could be wrong.. My view is Casserly wants to redo Sharpers contract (being he has one more year), Sharper is playing hardball, so the Texans are playing it also.. (i.e. see Pace thread). One.. I don't blame Sharper,he has been giving it all for 3 years now and his next contract will more than likely be his last... two I don't blame the texans.. They want (if my theory is right) to keep him here without him getting through the last year of his contract.. if he does.. what do we do? we franchise him (i.e. pace) and then we either pay him average of the top salary or trade him then (which in no way we will get 2 first rounders for him) ... with that we lose him to nothing, so it is better IMO to get something for him now
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read