Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-24-2009   #1
Rush23
Rookie

Rep Power: 73 Rush23 is a quality contributor and well respectedRush23 is a quality contributor and well respectedRush23 is a quality contributor and well respectedRush23 is a quality contributor and well respectedRush23 is a quality contributor and well respectedRush23 is a quality contributor and well respectedRush23 is a quality contributor and well respectedRush23 is a quality contributor and well respectedRush23 is a quality contributor and well respectedRush23 is a quality contributor and well respectedRush23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default TJ Houshmanzadeh pissed off....

http://www.virtualsportsnetwork.com/...adeh-said-what

TJ Houshmanzadeh is upset about his madden rating. Do you think his complaining is warranted or does he need to stfu about it and just play?
Rush23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009   #2
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 24376 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO
Default Re: TJ Houshmanzadeh pissed off....

It's a game Whosyamomma, does it really matter?

oh... and..... sign him up - championship!
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009   #3
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 50432 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

From the link.

"Iím not playing Madden no more until they get my rating right."

Damn, ruined my day.
Old 07-24-2009   #4
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I think there's something in the water in Cincinnati that just makes players stupid-crazy after a while. Maybe it wears off once they leave and he'll get better but right now he's showing all the signs of off an acute case of LoudMouth (former-)Bengal Syndrome. (LMBS)

I hope they find a cure soon before it's too late for Chad OchoCinco.
Old 07-24-2009   #5
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 49148 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Re: TJ Houshmanzadeh pissed off....
I don't know about TJ Whosyourmama but I would rather be pissed off than pissed on

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009   #6
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish I had a 91 in anything....

Madden football rating...

bank account...

test scores....
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009   #7
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I hoped they'd find a cure soon before it's too late for Chad OchoCinco.
Fixed.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-24-2009   #8
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I had read about this.

So TJ is going to boycott Madden 10? LOL.

What a clown. I doubt EA is shaking in their boots over TJ's opinion.

Madden's ratings have always been dubious--Unless you're an NFL superstar, your rating is going to suck. And if you achieve stardom, but then your REAL career starts sliding...your rating is going to still be up there pretty good.

EA is the laziest bunch of developers. They want to monopolize the market so they don't have to (a) work as hard, and (b) be challenged by anybody else with better ideas.

But too many people continue to buy it, so it fuels the problem.
Old 07-24-2009   #9
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
It's a great game. I enjoy it loads. I don't see a problem. I'll buy.
Old 07-24-2009   #10
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
I had read about this.

So TJ is going to boycott Madden 10? LOL.

What a clown. I doubt EA is shaking in their boots over TJ's opinion.

Madden's ratings have always been dubious--Unless you're an NFL superstar, your rating is going to suck. And if you achieve stardom, but then your REAL career starts sliding...your rating is going to still be up there pretty good.

EA is the laziest bunch of developers. They want to monopolize the market so they don't have to (a) work as hard, and (b) be challenged by anybody else with better ideas.

I'm still pissed that they haven't released a PC version since '08.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009   #11
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 97370 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

rod Tidwell has the some thoughts

"well Boo, ********** who"

Last edited by Wolf; 07-24-2009 at 06:04 PM.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009   #12
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Srsly? Srsly?

How about concentrating on helping your current team pull out from the cellar in the NFC West.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009   #13
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
It's a great game. I enjoy it loads. I don't see a problem. I'll buy.
I just played the download demo.

Great graphics and presentation. But I absolutely hate the mechanics.

It says, on the demo, that you can alter the speed-of-play. The demo has it slowed down, to what it claims is "more in tune with what the real game speed is in the NFL." Pfffttt. WTHE. (What The Hell Ever).

I would throw a pass, and the release was super slow, then the receiver was 10 yards away from the spot on the field where the ball was going to drop, but he would suddenly lunge forward at the last second. The mechanics are goofy.

On the running plays, sometimes I couldn't even truck a cornerback with Brandon Jacobs. I'd get drug down right where the CB met me. Then on another running play, I'd break away from a gang tackle of like 6 players who swarmed me...yet I somehow get away and continue to break multiple tackles when I'm not even doing anything extra or special on the buttons/joy stick.

Enjoy the eye-candy--It's got breathtaking visuals. I won't be messing with it at all, not even as a rental. The gameplay is cheesy, IMO.

I never dreamed I would be more happy with the college video game more than Madden. But I am.

The Pro-Tak (pro tackling) system is nice. WHen you tackle a guy with one player, you can hit "B" and switch to another defensive player nearby and use that guy to tackle, then hit "B" again to use another nearby defender. So you have multiple chances to personally smack a ball carrier.

That's the only two nice things I can say: Visuals, and Pro-Tak system.
Old 07-26-2009   #14
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I just played the download demo.

Great graphics and presentation. But I absolutely hate the mechanics.

It says, on the demo, that you can alter the speed-of-play. The demo has it slowed down, to what it claims is "more in tune with what the real game speed is in the NFL." Pfffttt. WTHE. (What The Hell Ever).

I would throw a pass, and the release was super slow, then the receiver was 10 yards away from the spot on the field where the ball was going to drop, but he would suddenly lunge forward at the last second. The mechanics are goofy.

On the running plays, sometimes I couldn't even truck a cornerback with Brandon Jacobs. I'd get drug down right where the CB met me. Then on another running play, I'd break away from a gang tackle of like 6 players who swarmed me...yet I somehow get away and continue to break multiple tackles when I'm not even doing anything extra or special on the buttons/joy stick.

Enjoy the eye-candy--It's got breathtaking visuals. I won't be messing with it at all, not even as a rental. The gameplay is cheesy, IMO.

I never dreamed I would be more happy with the college video game more than Madden. But I am.

The Pro-Tak (pro tackling) system is nice. WHen you tackle a guy with one player, you can hit "B" and switch to another defensive player nearby and use that guy to tackle, then hit "B" again to use another nearby defender. So you have multiple chances to personally smack a ball carrier.

That's the only two nice things I can say: Visuals, and Pro-Tak system.
Madden isn't the only game that has this problem. Most every game (with a few exceptions) that has come out on the 360 or PS3 recently has suffered from this.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009   #15
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Madden isn't the only game that has this problem. Most every game (with a few exceptions) that has come out on the 360 or PS3 recently has suffered from this.
I would rather play a game that has tight mechanics and sub-par visuals, as opposed to playing a visually beautiful game that has glitchy mechanics.

I personally liked the QB Vision Cone rendition. You had to progress through the WRs (like a real QB does) and it affected the pass play's effectiveness. But EA doesn't retain enough of those mechanics. Noooooo, they jack with stuff every year.

EA's Madden series has become a shell game. They introduce some new aspects to lure customers, always promising that it's "The Best Yet." I expect the QB Vision Cone feature to be back in Madden in a few years. EA shelves stuff, then brings it back several years later.

For example: In 2005, the NCAA Football game had a create-a-team feature. Only now, in 2010 (5 years later) do they have that feature. For 5 years, you couldn't create your own team. Why did they NOT include this feature in each year's title? I think they left it out, on purpose, so they'd have their ace-in-the-hole to play one year, down the road, when they needed to bait people for a version (such as this year's) that needed a marketing angle in order to sell it.

"Most extensive create-a-team YET!" Well, you horse's asses....thanks for not putting in there for the past five years.

/rant.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read