Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-23-2009   #21
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pretty good Pitts interview on 610

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Yeah and you just keep on reminding that the only facts you consider on Carr is what suits your purpose.
Hmm....it's amazing how the moment Carr was no longer taking snaps here, Pitts just happened to become a better blocker, but then again he wasn't the only one.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009   #22
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 57395 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah and you just keep on reminding that the only facts you consider on Carr is what suits your purpose.
As a fan who once favorably compared David Carr's first three seasons to Troy Aikman's first 3 seasons, there does come a point when one needs to face reality. We can argue about how much potential Carr had and how much of his regression was the fault of the organization, but in the end, this team is light years better now that he's gone... and, it is better partly because he is gone.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009   #23
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

OMG ... a Carr fight in 2009 .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivYzpTDc4A0
Old 07-23-2009   #24
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post

LOL, some people just won't let it go...
Old 07-23-2009   #25
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Hmm....it's amazing how the moment Carr was no longer taking snaps here, Pitts just happened to become a better blocker, but then again he wasn't the only one.
You don't think Schaub's somethink like 100 less sacks than DC had anything to do with making Pitts a better blocker? I am not trying to start a Carr thread and I do recognize his faults, it's just wrong when Vinny and others trash a player.
Old 07-23-2009   #26
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 6809 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy
But when will Coughlin let Carr call all the plays?
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009   #27
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
As a fan who once favorably compared David Carr's first three seasons to Troy Aikman's first 3 seasons, there does come a point when one needs to face reality. We can argue about how much potential Carr had and how much of his regression was the fault of the organization, but in the end, this team is light years better now that he's gone... and, it is better partly because he is gone.
I agree but when others including Pitts or the interviewer brings up a topic comparing Schaub and Carr it opens everything up. Why didn't Pitts say,"David is gone and Schaub is our QB and I am very happy to block for him"?
Old 07-23-2009   #28
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:

A bit more accurate would have been to say "A Carr fight in the offseason of 2009 when there is actually nothing going on."
Old 07-23-2009   #29
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDizzle View Post
But when will Coughlin let Carr call all the plays?
Who cares, I'm just happy we have Tony Boselli!
Old 07-23-2009   #30
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
LOL, some people just won't let it go...
You are of course referring to the interviewer who asked and the current Texan who did not re-direct the question?
Old 07-23-2009   #31
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I thought Boselli was trade to Minnesota for Sage Rosenfels?
Old 07-23-2009   #32
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 6809 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Oh no you di-in't.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009   #33
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDizzle View Post
Oh no you di-in't.
I did, but the record will show he never did....lol.
Old 07-23-2009   #34
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You are of course referring to the interviewer who asked and the current Texan who did not re-direct the question?
The way I took it was Pitts is getting a little pride in his game after years of being blamed for sacks .
Old 07-23-2009   #35
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
You don't think Schaub's somethink like 100 less sacks than DC had anything to do with making Pitts a better blocker? I am not trying to start a Carr thread and I do recognize his faults, it's just wrong when Vinny and others trash a player.
No, I think Schuab's ability to get rid of the ball and having something called pocket awareness has alot to do with 100 less sacks.... Granted, Schaub does have a better overall line, but Pitts has pretty much always been a good consistent Olineman......those first couple of years he was just surrounded by crap, backed up by a even crappier QB who did his Oline no favors.

When Carr went to Carolina, any time he got playing time (preseason or regular season) his Oline mysteriously gave up sacks.
Old 07-23-2009   #36
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Pitts was obviously upset about being blamed for sacks, he made mentions of that way before that question was even asked. To Pitts' credit though, he didn't throw David under the bus, but he did confirm what MANY of us have thought for years.........David didn't have a love for the game of football and wasn't passionate about the game to be successful at it.

I'm begining to wonder what the guy cared more about.......football or his hairdo
Old 07-23-2009   #37
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
The way I took it was Pitts is getting a little pride in his game after years of being blamed for sacks .
Nah, Pitts has always been a very good player with tons of pride and confidence.
Old 07-23-2009   #38
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
No, I think Schuab's ability to get rid of the ball and having something called pocket awareness has alot to do with 100 less sacks.... Granted, Schaub does have a better overall line, but Pitts has pretty much always been a good consistent Olineman......those first couple of years he was just surrounded by crap, backed up by a even crappier QB who did his Oline no favors.

When Carr went to Carolina, any time he got playing time (preseason or regular season) his Oline mysteriously gave up sacks.
I don't think Pitts trashed Carr as much as he praised Schaub . Schaub holds the ball to long looking down field trying to make a play . Carr held the ball waiting for somebody to be open by a mile .
Old 07-23-2009   #39
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I don't think Pitts trashed Carr as much as he praised Schaub.
Yeah, I mentioned that in my above post.....Pitts could've really thrown him under the bus (I would've) but didn't.
Old 07-23-2009   #40
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Nah, Pitts has always been a very good player with tons of pride and confidence.
He has always been a good player......remember when he had to play tackle one year, did a damn good job at that too. Just because David Carr got sacked a ton, doesn't mean every player on that line sucked. There's a reason why Pitts has only missed 7 plays in his career despite multiple positional coaching changes........he's a pretty good player. David Carr apologists just try to knock the players who played around Carr in a attempt to excuse his crappy play. Carr had the physical tools to play the game, but lacked the mental makeup or the drive and work ethic to be a successful player in this league.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 07-23-2009 at 01:55 PM.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read