Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-22-2009   #41
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 2846 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 52 man roster. Predict yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slatonisabeast View Post
ad is beter at play makeing so.... ad should win the spot =]
yeah but Anderson plays the slot better. we already have two guys playing outside in AJ and Walter and Davis is insurance if either of them went down even though i think it would be more likely that Davis goes down than either of the starters. the Texans FO and i seem to agree that Anderson has a bright future as evidenced by the rather large contract that he received in the offseason. Anderson, in my mind, is the poor mans Wes Welker seeing as they both are small, fast, run precise routes, and (do i even bring up the obvious) they are both white.
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009   #42
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
I agree as well. DA has just scratched the surface of what he can do. Those other guys, Welker, S. Moss Coles etc. are targeted as their teams #1 receiving options basically, even if they are slot receivers. I believe DA will become an even bigger part of this offense this year being targeted more, which will lead to the bigger #'s and more recognition.

Remember his 65 yard reception in Oakland? Can't say that guy ain't a playmaker.
Man I hope you guys are right. I really like Anderson as well. I just hope Kubiak gives him enough playing time to show what he can do. I would love to start utilizing him in the slot a lot more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3rm0nt3r View Post
and (do i even bring up the obvious) they are both white.
Racist!!!! j/k

I do hope you guys can understand the point I was trying to make. There isn't really much if any similarity between Nading/Bulman/etc. and Barwin. They are white, and that really is about it. If someone wants to talk about similar athletic ability, talent, & mention that they are white, there is nothing wrong with that. But comparing a player to other less talented players just because those other players are white is wrong. It'd be the same deal if I made the assumption that a black QB can't pass because so many black QBs are run first QBs.

Last edited by Ckw; 07-22-2009 at 06:53 PM.
Old 07-22-2009   #43
Killer Bee
Rookie

Rep Power: 487 Killer Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
QB - Schaub / DanO / Grossman - 3
WR - AJ / Walter / Anderson / AD / Jones / D.Jenkins - 6
RB - Slaton / Brown / Foster / Leach / Grigsby - 5
TE - OD / Casey / Dressen / Hill - 4
OL - Brown / Pitts / Myers / Brisiel / Winston / Caldwell / White / Butler - 8
K - Brown / Turk - 2
DE - Williams / Smith / Barwin / Bulman - 4
DT - Robinson / Okoye / Johnson / Codey / Okam - 5
LB - Ryans / Cushing / Adibi / Diles / Bentley / June / - 6
CB - Reeves / Robinson / Bennett / Molden / Quin / McCain - 6
S - Ferguson / Barber / Nolan / Wilson - 4

Here are my 53. Similar to yours, but with a few different twists.

-I think Jerimiah Johnson should be IR'd to get his shoulder right and to keep him off the PS.

-Moats will quickly be added back to the roster when Brown gets hurt

-I added WR Jenkins because I like him a lot. I think he might eventually replace JJ or Anderson

-I cut Studdard

-I cut LB Thompson

-You had Quin twice, so I added who I think you meant - Brice McCain

-I cut Harrison

This could very well change by the end of camp.
HOU-TEX, I agree with everything here except, Adrian Jones makes the team instead of White.

In addition I believe Dreesen, Casey, or Caldwell will be our long snapper.

Jason Watkins (OT), Mark Parson (CB), and Jesse Nading (DE) will be locks for the practice squad.
Old 07-22-2009   #44
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Nading was an undrafted free agent. Nading has also played at DE since high school, yet his best season at the collegiate level was in 05-06 when he had 10.5 TFL and 4 sacks. On the other hand, Barwin in his first season ever at the position had 16 TFL and 11 sacks.

So you say they have similar abilities yet Barwin clearly had the better career even though he only spent one season at the position. Also, lets look at their pro day numbers. Barwin ran a 4.47 40 with some clocking him between 4.43-4.45, put up 23 reps on the bench press, and at the combine had a 40 1/2 in. vertical, and a 10-foot-8 broad jump. Nading ran a 4.75 40 and had a 36 inch vertical leap. I couldn't find his bench press numbers.

I really don't see a ton of similarities other than the fact that they are both white.

I'm happy I was able to impress you.

As I posted above, there aren't many similarities between Nading and Barwin.

I don't think he or anyone else is doing it on purpose. There just is not substantial evidence to compare Nading/Babin/Bulman with Barwin other than the fact they are all white guys.
I was talking about Babin not Nading. If you weren't so hell bent on the reverse racism slant you might have caught that.

My deal with Barwin is I hope he does turn out to be Jared Allen 2.0, I mean I'd be stupid to not want that.

I'm just a bit nervous about some of the posters already suggesting he might turn out to be something special. He's probably the most raw of all the DE's drafted in the first 3-4 rounds. While he made huge strides in turning into a DE his senior year, I can't help but be reminded it was at Cinci and they do play in the Big East. Not dissing the Big East or it's fans but, it's not an elite conference. He might've been able to get away with it in College but, it's going to be something different with him lining up against NFL talent. I hope he does make that jump and I think he has the ability to, I'd just feel more comfortable once I see him taking snaps in the NFL and then judging him.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009   #45
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 56461 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
I would have to disagree with that. I think Anderson is a playmaker. I would rank him up there with a Welker, S. Moss, Coles, Holmes.

He is fast, quick, and walks with a swagger. The best is yet to come from Anderson.
This really isn't debatable. He has nowhere near the quickness, speed, or explosion of Santana Moss, Santonio Holmes, or Laverneus Coles in his prime. Those guys are special athletes that have the advantage when single covered against most teams' top CB. David Anderson has proven to be sure-handed and fairly proficient at working the middle of the field against nickel and dime defenders. I like the guy quite a bit but he doesn't have much in common with the guys you listed other than his height and occupation.
dalemurphy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009   #46
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 51315 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
This really isn't debatable. He has nowhere near the quickness, speed, or explosion of Santana Moss, Santonio Holmes, or Laverneus Coles in his prime. Those guys are special athletes that have the advantage when single covered against most teams' top CB. David Anderson has proven to be sure-handed and fairly proficient at working the middle of the field against nickel and dime defenders. I like the guy quite a bit but he doesn't have much in common with the guys you listed other than his height and occupation.
I will agree with you that it is not debatable only b/c at this time Anderson has not been put in the same starting situations that the for mentioned has. Now, that being said keep in mind that McDanials was attempting to secure Anderson's services and it ws speculated that he would be used in the same manner as Welker in New England.

I do think that Anderson has the ability to be mentioned in the upper WR group at some point and time in he career.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009   #47
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
I was talking about Babin not Nading. If you weren't so hell bent on the reverse racism slant you might have caught that.
My bad. Instead of using the pronoun he, you should have simply begun your first sentence with the proper noun Jason Babin.

Anyway, I see your point and do agree there are some similarities between the two. That being said, Barwin has displayed much more athleticism than Babin, but both are/were athletic.

It still perplexes me why Babin failed. Was he really just not that good? Or did Capers ruin him by moving him to LB? I don't know, but I am with you in hoping Barwin fairs better than Babin did.

As you could see by my post, the majority of it was focused on those comparing Barwin to Nading and Bulman which is entirely ludicrous and is slightly racist because the only similarity between them is their skin color. As far as Babin is concerned, we could make the case that any DE/LB hybrid has the potential to be a bust like Babin. But it would seem the only DE/LB hybrids that get compared to him at the white ones.

Once again, it is similar to someone saying a black QB won't be a good passing QB because of other black QBs like Vince Young and Michael Vick.

Quote:
I'm just a bit nervous about some of the posters already suggesting he might turn out to be something special. He's probably the most raw of all the DE's drafted in the first 3-4 rounds. While he made huge strides in turning into a DE his senior year, I can't help but be reminded it was at Cinci and they do play in the Big East. Not dissing the Big East or it's fans but, it's not an elite conference. He might've been able to get away with it in College but, it's going to be something different with him lining up against NFL talent. I hope he does make that jump and I think he has the ability to, I'd just feel more comfortable once I see him taking snaps in the NFL and then judging him.
When he isn't being compared to guys like Nading and Babin, I can see your point and agree with you. It is always risky when you take a player that is possibly a project. Maybe he turns out to be a quick learner because he certainly has the athleticism for the position. But it is entirely acceptable to be a bit nervous.
Sponsored links
Old 07-22-2009   #48
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

My 53.

QB: Schaub, Dan O, Grossman

RB: Slaton, Brown, Foster, Moats

FB: Leach, Grigbsy

WR: AJ, Walter, AD, Anderson, JJ,

TE: OD, Casey, Hill, Dreesen

OL: Brown, Pitts, Myers, Brisiel, Winston, Caldwell, Butler, Studdard

DE: Mario, A. Smith, Barwin, Bulman

DT: Okoye, Robinson, TJ, Cody, Okam

LB: DeMeco, Adibi, Cushing, Diles, Bentley, June

CB: Bennett, Drob, Reeves, Molden, Quin, McCain

S: Wilson, Ferguson, Barber, Nolan

K: Kris Brown

P: Matt Turk

If TJ goes on the PUP, I would imagine Nading or another DE would take his place. Maybe Jenkins if he is performing very well in pre-season.

Last edited by TexansSeminole; 07-22-2009 at 10:30 PM.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009   #49
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56461 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
I will agree with you that it is not debatable only b/c at this time Anderson has not been put in the same starting situations that the for mentioned has. Now, that being said keep in mind that McDanials was attempting to secure Anderson's services and it ws speculated that he would be used in the same manner as Welker in New England.

I do think that Anderson has the ability to be mentioned in the upper WR group at some point and time in he career.
I'm just not sure how he's going to go from running a 4.6 fourty yard dash to a 4.3 like Moss and Holmes run. I look forward to seeing David Anderson blow by a CB on a fly pattern down the sideline.
Old 07-22-2009   #50
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm just not sure how he's going to go from running a 4.6 fourty yard dash to a 4.3 like Moss and Holmes run. I look forward to seeing David Anderson blow by a CB on a fly pattern down the sideline.
Me too
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009   #51
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by slatonisabeast View Post
ad is beter at play makeing so.... ad should win the spot =]
Ladyes an gentulmun we have our furst spelling b champun

Public school all-star
Old 07-23-2009   #52
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My bad. Instead of using the pronoun he, you should have simply begun your first sentence with the proper noun Jason Babin.

Anyway, I see your point and do agree there are some similarities between the two. That being said, Barwin has displayed much more athleticism than Babin, but both are/were athletic.

It still perplexes me why Babin failed. Was he really just not that good? Or did Capers ruin him by moving him to LB? I don't know, but I am with you in hoping Barwin fairs better than Babin did.

As you could see by my post, the majority of it was focused on those comparing Barwin to Nading and Bulman which is entirely ludicrous and is slightly racist because the only similarity between them is their skin color. As far as Babin is concerned, we could make the case that any DE/LB hybrid has the potential to be a bust like Babin. But it would seem the only DE/LB hybrids that get compared to him at the white ones.

Once again, it is similar to someone saying a black QB won't be a good passing QB because of other black QBs like Vince Young and Michael Vick.

When he isn't being compared to guys like Nading and Babin, I can see your point and agree with you. It is always risky when you take a player that is possibly a project. Maybe he turns out to be a quick learner because he certainly has the athleticism for the position. But it is entirely acceptable to be a bit nervous.
You're right I should've said Jason Babin. I agree though it still bothers me to think that either Capers just totally whiffed on the guy or was there just more to it. I do think it was tough coming from a small school like
Western Michigan and try to transition completely to a 3-4 LBer against NFL talent. He definitely wasn't used to playing in space and it showed. I think just as he was getting somewhat a feel for the position we moved back to a 4-3 in 2006.

He was still more effective in pash rushing that year then Anthony Weaver ever was with 5 sacks in 2006 though. That was as a rush specialist and starting 3 games. Hell even last year as a chief(yeah I had to look that one up) he still almost managed better stats appearing in 7 games and starting 4 managing 31 tackles to Weaver's 45. He also notched 2 sacks. I guess in hindsight we could've done without Weaver and kept Babin and come out far ahead.

Anywho back to Barwin, I know the guy has some serious athleticism and I'm not counting him out at all. I just can't help but be bothered how bad some of the projects on this team have failed especially on the defensive side of the ball. I hope he turns that perception around for me.
Old 07-23-2009   #53
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Golden

Dont fret (maybe this will help)

Babin= drafted by CC

Barwin= drafted by Smithiak

Barwin is going to help next year and be a star in three years. (injury free)
Old 07-23-2009   #54
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You know I think you are just trying to get a rise out of people so this isn't necessarily directed at you, but it is this type of thinking that really pisses me off. Its freakin reverse discrimination. People automatically assume that the white DE/LB is going to be exactly like the other white DE/LB that we have on our team. The only similarity between Nading/Bulman and Barwin is they are all white guys.

This is the same shit people did when we drafted Barwin and they compared him to Babin.
Actually, I was just thinking in terms of height/weight/hussle in making the Bulman/Nading comparison. I think they're Vanden Bosch/J.Allen types of guys that never seem to give up on a play. They aren't freakishly strong like Mario or super quick like Freeney but they get it done with hussle. That they happen to both be white is a "so-what" in my mind. Actually, compared to the other DEs, Barwin is a little light. He better be quick.

98 Barwin, Connor*.......6-4 256 Cincinnati 1st
93 Bulman, Tim ..........6-4 267 Boston College 3rd
92 Jamison, Tim* ........6-3 263 Michigan 1st
75 McClover, Stanley ....6-2 260 Auburn 4th
72 Nading, Jesse DE .....6-5 264 Colorado State 2nd

I think our coaching staff is hoping that we find the next Jared Allen out of this bunch.

And you're right, I was just poking at the "we shouldda drafted a RB" crowd. Seems they have more of a point than I gave them credit for. At draft time I understood this was going to be a defense-slanted draft for us and I wasn't all that impressed with the 2009 RB class - and I still ain't - so I wasn't too surprised we didn't draft a RB.

ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009   #55
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
My 53.

QB: Schaub, Dan O, Grossman

RB: Slaton, Brown, Foster, Moats

FB: Leach, Grigbsy

WR: AJ, Walter, AD, Anderson, JJ,

TE: OD, Casey, Hill, Dreesen

OL: Brown, Pitts, Myers, Brisiel, Winston, Caldwell, Butler, Studdard

DE: Mario, A. Smith, Barwin, Bulman

DT: Okoye, Robinson, TJ, Cody, Okam

LB: DeMeco, Adibi, Cushing, Diles, Bentley, June

CB: Bennett, Drob, Reeves, Molden, Quin, McCain

S: Wilson, Ferguson, Barber, Nolan

K: Kris Brown

P: Matt Turk

If TJ goes on the PUP, I would imagine Nading or another DE would take his place. Maybe Jenkins if he is performing very well in pre-season.
I agree with every single player on this list. The only toss up for me is Foster vs. Johnson at RB. I like them both but I am rooting for Foster because I think we could use another big back. Slaton and Moats are smallish and I trust both of them to stay healthy while Brown has talent and size but will in all likelihood breakdown at some point.
Old 07-23-2009   #56
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I've seen him drop a few gimmies. Chicago I think it was, a sure 3rd down conversion, right on the numbers. I'm not dogging him. He continues to improve. I expect him to be more sure handed this year.

Oh, and Coles is kind of fair skinned so they have that in common. Sort of. He also reminds me of this guy who plays guitar in a band I'm working with. He's kind of fair skinned. I bet he could be a beast in the slot!
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009   #57
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
If you cut Butler who is the backup tackle? We already would be in a bad spot if Brown or Winston got injured we'd be absolutely screwed in your scenario. What would you do shift Pitts outside and rotate Caldwell or Myers to G? Butler is going to stay, but I agree Studdard. I just am not even sure he's backup material at this point.
Caldwell has started at tackle. http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-foo...antoine00.html
Is he an NFL starting LT? No but neither is Butler. Anyone saying Butler was better than Salaam is fooling themselves. I think it was a money for Butler vs keeping a younger cheaper player with some upside. I also think releasing Salaam took a bit of pressure off Brown and told him he had to to it all this year. Brown will eat that up. Again I never said Butler will be cut just is bubble guy.
Old 07-23-2009   #58
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Nading and Barwin are white?
Old 07-23-2009   #59
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Caldwell has started at tackle. http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-foo...antoine00.html
Is he an NFL starting LT? No but neither is Butler. Anyone saying Butler was better than Salaam is fooling themselves. I think it was a money for Butler vs keeping a younger cheaper player with some upside. I also think releasing Salaam took a bit of pressure off Brown and told him he had to to it all this year. Brown will eat that up. Again I never said Butler will be cut just is bubble guy.

You've got to be joking right?

I don't think cutting Salaam took pressure off more as it added it by saying...better show in shape and work on your conditioning you're full time this year. From what I've heard he's responded well.

To be blatantly honest the idea is borderline just dumb. We've pretty much finally have an established roster and you want to go back to holding it together with celophane tape.

I also have to add the love DA gets around here is kind of funny. I mean I think he's an alright receiver but the Welker, Moss, Holmes, and Coles comparisons are just far out of line.
Old 07-23-2009   #60
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Based on what evidence is Butler a "bubble guy". Kubiak specificly stated that Butler was excellent depth for them last year and that he should've been active more often. Since then, the Texans have cut their only other proven tackle without adding any talent at the position. So, other than throwing sh*t at the wall to see what sticks, what is the basis for your assertion that Butler is on the bubble?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read