Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 07-22-2009   #1
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool 2009 Texas Bowl

Moved to ESPN! Great!

Big 12 v. Navy?!?!? WTF!??!?!?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009   #2
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 612 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2009 Texas Bowl

LOL...I saw that too. Good luck selling those unless they play A&M.

How could they even want to lock up Navy?

Are these the same folks that decided we should pay $250 for some dork to go into the Texans computer system and change PSL info? Kinda on the same level of genius.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009   #3
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Navy played here when it was the Houston Bowl - 2003, I think, against Tx. Tech.

If I remember correctly, the powers that be loved the show the Navy put on - and they did do a really good job putting on a show. Too bad their football prowess wasn't as good. Can't have everything, I guess.

It does seem to me, however, that if you want to promote your Bowl game to top 10 status, Navy isn't necessarily the way to go.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009   #4
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 612 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

Was Marshall already locked up?
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009   #5
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Moved to ESPN! Great!

Bush's influence?
Navy vs. A&M ? Interesting!

Hey, but anyway, the Midshipmen beat Rutgers and Wake Forest (regular season) last year!

Aaron Curry couldn't stop the tripple option if his draft status depended on it. Probably why he din't go first!

So why not Navy?
I like to see the second tier of the Big12 get trashed!

(That is if they can replace the big 3 lost through graduation.)
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009   #6
rdroppa
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 rdroppa could be on the next Madden coverrdroppa could be on the next Madden coverrdroppa could be on the next Madden coverrdroppa could be on the next Madden coverrdroppa could be on the next Madden coverrdroppa could be on the next Madden cover

Hey these guys play hard no drugs no scandals and most will go on to defend our country. Sign me up I'm going. I would rather support their athletic program than some over rated all about me group of non graduating players. Go Navy
rdroppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009   #7
Battle Red Flash
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Battle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Moved to ESPN! Great!

Are they telling us C-USA #2 wouldn't want to come here? What about Big 12 #5 versus C-USA #2?

Or pull in a MAJOR sponsor and get Big12 #4 vs SEC #4!!?? Wow.

IF Navy has a great year and goes 9-3 and plays Big 12 #6, they still lose by 21! What's fun about that?

The good thing is it's finally on NY Eve. That rocks.
Old 07-28-2009   #8
dskillz
Veteran

Rep Power: 27 dskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performer

This is a transition year for the bowl, not only on day and TV coverage, but also affliliation. After this year they will be looking for conference contracts for the next 4 years. I have heard they are shooting for Big 12/Big Ten. Now that might result in Indiana/Iowa State, but when you have a situation like last year when both conferences didn't have enough bowl eligible teams to feel commitments, you will get your Conf USA's, MAC, etc. to fill the slots.

Last year I went to the Motor City Bowl in Detroit and saw a great game between Central Michigan and Florida International that went down to the wire. A game doesn't need big names to be good. We are going to the games to see the sport, not the names, right?
Old 09-11-2009   #9
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Cool Re: 2009 Texas Bowl

Here ya go buddy. I am REALLY annoyed with this after OSU's performance last weekend
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 09-11-2009   #10
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Cool Re: 2009 Texas Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dskillz View Post
This is a transition year for the bowl, not only on day and TV coverage, but also affliliation. After this year they will be looking for conference contracts for the next 4 years. I have heard they are shooting for Big 12/Big Ten. Now that might result in Indiana/Iowa State, but when you have a situation like last year when both conferences didn't have enough bowl eligible teams to feel commitments, you will get your Conf USA's, MAC, etc. to fill the slots.
Hrrrmmmmm......

BTW I would LOVE a Big Ten/Big 12

OSU v. Neb - divorce could be looming.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 09-11-2009   #11
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

A rematch of OSU and Navy, LOL!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #12
jjjezebel
ĦAy, caramba!

Section: Section 116, seats 15-17
Rep Power: 11836 jjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respected

Frankly, since Andy and I are both former Marines, this is the only Texas Bowl that we've actually talked seriously about going to.

Go NAVY!
jjjezebel is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read