Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-21-2009   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195074 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Charles Spencer Signing with UFL Orlando

Good luck, Charles.

Quote:
Former NFL offensive lineman Charles Spencer and Kevin Sampson have agreed to contract terms with Orlando of the newly formed United Football League, their agent, Joe Linta, told Scout.com.

Spencer, 27, who is expected to play left tackle for Orlando, was originally selected by the Houston Texans in the third round of the 2006 draft, won a starting job as a rookie, but suffered a serious knee/leg injury which put him on injured reserve after just two games. Spencer spent time with the Carolina Panthers during the off season of 2008 and was on the Jacksonville Jaguars active roster for several weeks, but he's only played in just two games as a professional.
LINK
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009   #2
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Charles Spencer Signing with UFL Orlando

Best wishes to The Big Nasty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009   #3
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope you do well big guy.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009   #4
Ckw

What might have been?
Old 07-22-2009   #5
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
What might have been?
What do you think his do overs might be ?
Old 07-22-2009   #6
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
1. Get out of the way of Ron Dayne
2. Get out of the way of Ron Dayne
3. Oh and, get out of the way of Ron Dayne

Would you add anything?
Old 07-22-2009   #7
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
1. Get out of the way of Ron Dayne
2. Get out of the way of Ron Dayne
3. Oh and, get out of the way of Ron Dayne

Would you add anything?
1. Have the FB block Ron Dayne .
2. Put quicksand in front of Ron Dayne ( no he wasn't running in quicksand , it just looked like it ) .
3. Let Seth Wand play the first couple of games until Ron Dayne got hurt .
Old 07-22-2009   #8
Ckw

Quote:
1. Have the FB block Ron Dayne .
2. Put quicksand in front of Ron Dayne ( no he wasn't running in quicksand , it just looked like it ) .
3. Let Seth Wand play the first couple of games until Ron Dayne got hurt .
Very nice. Rep.

Man that guy showed some promise. Too bad Dayne had to ruin it. Or like you said, if only it could have been that other worthless draft pick Seth Wand. Man those drafts in our early years were pathetic. Its so nice to at least be arguing over players that have shown a little something like Okoye, Brown, Barwin, etc. instead of suffering through Wand, TJ, Gaffney, etc.
Old 07-23-2009   #9
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Get off the line on the snap count, rather than be so late that he's pushed 2-3 yards into the backfield on a running play?

He was pretty raw to be starting on day one anyway.

There is plenty of blame to go around on that freak accident, if people have to blame someone.
Old 07-23-2009   #10
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Get off the line on the snap count, rather than be so late that he's pushed 2-3 yards into the backfield on a running play?

He was pretty raw to be starting on day one anyway.

There is plenty of blame to go around on that freak accident, if people have to blame someone.

Old 07-23-2009   #11
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm not the one pining away for an unproven rookie lineman three years later.

I had that dark cloud painted over my head during the pre-season when I pointed out how slow Spencer was off the line. I knew if I looked at his good plays and ignored his bad ones I would have had him in the Pro Bowl too. I just couldn't do it.

Spencer will always be a fan favorite because fan expectations never met reality. Don't get me wrong - I think he would have been pretty good; I just wasn't ready to put him into the Hall of Fame based on a nasty nickname and a couple of pre-season games against second/third stringers.
Old 07-23-2009   #12
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 126444 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

As good as our 96 draft class was, it could've looked even better had he not gotten hurt. I wish him well.
Old 07-23-2009   #13
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:

I had that dark cloud painted over my head during the pre-season when I pointed out how slow Spencer was off the line. I knew if I looked at his good plays and ignored his bad ones I would have had him in the Pro Bowl too. I just couldn't do it.

Spencer will always be a fan favorite because fan expectations never met reality. Don't get me wrong - I think he would have been pretty good; I just wasn't ready to put him into the Hall of Fame based on a nasty nickname and a couple of pre-season games against second/third stringers.
He was a big , strong mauler , who would be a better fit as a guard with Dallas IMO . Since he got hurt in his 2nd game I'll say he was the 2nd coming of Art Shell for his misfortune .
Old 07-23-2009   #14
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
As good as our 96 draft class was, it could've looked even better had he not gotten hurt. I wish him well.
apparently i missed a ton of texans football...

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009   #15
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
Either that or he's thinking the Oilers' '96 draft...
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009   #16
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Put de lime in de coconut and drink it right down.
Old 07-23-2009   #17
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Put de lime in de coconut and drink it right down.
Here you go
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009   #18
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 126444 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
06 smart ass.
Old 07-23-2009   #19
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Either that or he's thinking the Oilers' '96 draft...
or it was a typo smart ass 2.0
Old 07-23-2009   #20
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Good luck in Orlando Charles !
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read