Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-21-2009   #1
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Offseason Fodder from Steve Slaton

I really like this kid. If he can stay healthy, he can go far in this league.http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/arti...b-steve-slaton
Old 07-22-2009   #2
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Offseason Fodder from Steve Slaton

Q: You're a smaller back at 5-9 and 215 pounds. What are the challenges you have in preserving yourself?

A: I think the challenge I have is just getting out of the way and not taking those big hits. That's the biggest thing that you can do to help yourself survive as a running back. And I think that's why some of the bigger backs don't last. They take too many big hits. So I try to use my speed to my advantage and not take those hits.

I did not realize Steve added 14 lbs. (listed 201)? I knew he looked heavier but that's alot of addtional weight to carry, I was thinking more around 208-209 would be ideal.....
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009   #3
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 101015 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Q: When people have scouted you, what is the biggest thing they've missed?
A: Me being a competitor. I love to compete, and that's what makes a football player.

Love it...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009   #4
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101824 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I did not realize Steve added 14 lbs. (listed 201)? I knew he looked heavier but that's alot of addtional weight to carry, I was thinking more around 208-209 would be ideal.....
Yeah, the weight gain kinda worries me. Slaton's biggest strengths were his quickness and elusiveness........I hope this weight gain doesn't have too much of a effect on that or we could be seeing a sophmore slump this year.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009   #5
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Yeah, the weight gain kinda worries me. Slaton's biggest strengths were his quickness and elusiveness........I hope this weight gain doesn't have too much of a effect on that or we could be seeing a sophmore slump this year.
Men's bodies don't stop filling out and thickening till about the age of 25. It's like a dog is full grown by 1, but at 2 yo, your dog will be thicker and more muscular than he was at 1. A guy in his early 20's generally has a much different look to Men in their late 20's even though he may have stopped his vertical growth years ago.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009   #6
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101824 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Men's bodies don't stop filling out and thickening till about the age of 25. It's like a dog is full grown by 1, but at 2 yo, your dog will be thicker and more muscular than he was at 1. A guy in his early 20's generally has a much different look to Men in their late 20's.
Yeah I know, but I just hope it doesn't have a effect on his quickness......I remember when he was in college he put on some pounds going into his junior year and it had a effect on his production. (one of the reasons why he was there in the 3rd round)
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read