Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-21-2009   #1
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default AJ On The Toughest DB He Has Ever Faced

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcsouth/...ughest-DB.html
Old 07-21-2009   #2
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AJ On The Toughest DB He Has Ever Faced

Well Nnamdi did shut him completely out in that Oakland game last year, so I agree with him......that guy is a GREAT corner, too bad he plays on such a crappy team.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009   #3
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 97234 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

As soon as I saw the title of this thread, I knew that it was going to be him after the way he shut down Johnson in that game.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009   #4
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

He is CB i'd like as a Texan instead of DRob look at what he has done so far on a poor team. CB is a very important area right now for the Texans I know the Raiders are not trading this guy away but I'm just saying.
Old 07-21-2009   #5
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't wanna downgrade Nnamdi because he is the best CB in the NFL, but he is exclusively a right corner back, meaning he only plays on the right side of the field. The Texans don't keep Andre on one side of the field, he gets moved into the slot and the other side of the field too. So it wasn't Nnamdi who one on one single handedly shut him down, it was a collective effort from all the Oakland CBs who could start on a lot of NFL teams (Chris Johnson, Stanford Routt, even Justin Miller). If you go back and watch the game, Chris Johnson is covering AJ more often than Nnamdi.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009   #6
gary
Hall of Fame

This is true but he's still one hell of a CB.
Old 07-21-2009   #7
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
As soon as I saw the title of this thread, I knew that it was going to be him after the way he shut down Johnson in that game.
I was looking to see if it was started by BA, since it was Gary who began the thread I knew it was legit...lol.
Old 07-21-2009   #8
gary
Hall of Fame

Who is BA?
Old 07-21-2009   #9
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Who is BA?
Blazing Arrow.
Old 07-21-2009   #10
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Blazing Arrow.
I see.
Old 07-21-2009   #11
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
It was frustrating, especially after the 200 he dropped on the tacs defense. I was yelling at the TV.....Hey Schaub that #80 is good you may want to get him the ball. He then throws into double coverage and its picked off ...not by Nnamdi. I was shocked when Matt yelled at Andre...not by Matt yelling. It was the first time I have seen Andre pissed...ever.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009   #12
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
It was frustrating, especially after the 200 he dropped on the tacs defense. I was yelling at the TV.....Hey Schaub that #80 is good you may want to get him the ball. He then throws into double coverage and its picked off ...not by Nnamdi. I was shocked when Matt yelled at Andre...not by Matt yelling. It was the first time I have seen Andre pissed...ever.
I noticed Schaub taking on a more vocal role with the team towards the end of last year. In the week before Slaton ran a poor route out of the backfield, he was supposed to peter off into the flat and instead ran a hitch over the middle....there were guys everywhere in the middle and the flat was wide open. He screamed at Slaton cause we had to punt because of it, Slaton took the tongue-lashing well though. It was nice to see the level of respect they have for Schaub, our guys don't go off pouting and whining to other teammates and turn them against each other **cough Terrell Owens cough**
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009   #13
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ has been shutout by Nmadi over the last 2 games we've had against Oak. I understand the choice. Nmandi effectly eliminates any size advantage AJ has on smaller CBs
Old 07-21-2009   #14
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
I noticed Schaub taking on a more vocal role with the team towards the end of last year. In the week before Slaton ran a poor route out of the backfield, he was supposed to peter off into the flat and instead ran a hitch over the middle....there were guys everywhere in the middle and the flat was wide open. He screamed at Slaton cause we had to punt because of it, Slaton took the tongue-lashing well though. It was nice to see the level of respect they have for Schaub, our guys don't go off pouting and whining to other teammates and turn them against each other **cough Terrell Owens cough**
I hope Matt continues his vocal role. That is very important in order for the next step to be taken. It shows Matt wanting to be a leader and lead to bigger and better things.
Old 07-21-2009   #15
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 9714 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I hope Matt continues his vocal role. That is very important in order for the next step to be taken. It shows Matt wanting to be a leader and lead to bigger and better things.
He damn well better be that way, I among many other Schaub backers on this board expect nothing less.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009   #16
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 108483 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't wanna downgrade Nnamdi because he is the best CB in the NFL, but he is exclusively a right corner back, meaning he only plays on the right side of the field. The Texans don't keep Andre on one side of the field, he gets moved into the slot and the other side of the field too. So it wasn't Nnamdi who one on one single handedly shut him down, it was a collective effort from all the Oakland CBs who could start on a lot of NFL teams (Chris Johnson, Stanford Routt, even Justin Miller). If you go back and watch the game, Chris Johnson is covering AJ more often than Nnamdi.
You have to remember that Aso shuts down his half of the field. That allows them to roll 3 or even 4 guys over to the opposite side. That allows them to have guys deep, underneath, cheating inside, and taking away the boundary.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009   #17
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Eh, obviously my name wasn't on the list. Otherwise, AJ would've chosen me.
Old 07-22-2009   #18
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
He damn well better be that way, I among many other Schaub backers on this board expect nothing less.
Another big thing of mine is staying healthy.
Old 07-23-2009   #19
Htownsportsfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 128 Htownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think Nnamdi is one of the best and will continue to get better. Thats one of the things that always bothered me about the Raider game, Nnamdi didnt cover Andre the whole game and we still coouldnt get him the ball. It was just a horrible game for the Texans! I find it interesting that most people think Nnamdi was responsable for shutting Andre down the whole game considering he didnt cover Andre exclusively.

Support our troops
Htownsportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009   #20
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

In the first half, the only one time Schaub went to AJ, their DB was called for pass inteference.

A couple of times, MS looked at AJ, but there were safety help over the top.
Actually, one of those times, if MS just went ahead with AJ, he would find him open on a crossing route in the end zone for a highly possible TD.

Very early in the second half, Namdi had safety help, but AJ still got open on a fly route along the sideline.
Too bad, Brown got beat right off the bat by his man, ang MS was sacked.
That would have been an easy TD there.

Later, AJ was open for at least 15 yds, but MS saw AD deeper, and went that way, but the pass was incomplete.

In the 4th qtr, MS went to AJ but the ball was way low.
Then came two consecutive completions to AJ.

Later, AJ was open in the end zone but MS threw an incomplete pass to Walter.

Then MS threw into double coverage for an INT.
He might have a chance over the top to the outside instead; if not, it would just be an incomplte pass, but he made another poor decision.

It was just a bad day for Schaub!
And nothing to do with Asomugha covering AJ.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read