Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-20-2009   #1
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 126226 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default NFLN Preseason Schedule

This year they air all preseason games.

Quote:
Monday, August 10

Buffalo Bills at Tennessee Titans (9am)

Thursday, August 13

New England Patriots at Philadelphia Eagles (11pm)

Friday, August 14

Dallas Cowboys at Oakland Raiders (2am)
Washington Redskins at Baltimore Ravens (3pm)
St. Louis Rams at New York Jets (7pm)*
Denver Broncos at San Francisco 49ers (10pm) *

Saturday, August 15

Minnesota Vikings at Indianapolis Colts (1am)
Cincinnati Bengals at New Orleans Saints (7am)
Arizona Cardinals at Pittsburgh Steelers (1pm)
Atlanta Falcons at Detroit Lions (4pm)*
Chicago Bears at Buffalo Bills (7pm)*
Seattle Seahawks at San Diego Chargers (10pm)*

Sunday, August 16

Cleveland Browns at Green Bay Packers (1am)
Houston Texans at Kansas City (10am)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Tennessee Titans (1pm)

Monday, August 17

Jacksonville Jaguars at Miami Dolphins (11pm)

Wednesday, August 19

Carolina Panthers at New York Giants (1pm)

Thursday, August 20

Cincinnati Bengals at New England Patriots (11pm)

Friday, August 21

Philadelphia Eagles at Indianapolis Colts (1pm)
Kansas City Chiefs at Minnesota Vikings (1pm)

Saturday, August 22

Atlanta Falcons at St. Louis Rams (2am)
Tennessee Titans at Dallas Cowboys (1pm)
Pittsburgh Steelers at Washington Redskins (7:30pm)*
Denver Broncos at Seattle Seahawks (10:30pm)*

Sunday, August 23

San Diego Chargers at Arizona Cardinals (1:30am)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Jacksonville Jaguars (7am)
Detroit Lions at Cleveland Browns (10am)
Carolina Panthers at Miami Dolphins (1pm)
Buffalo Bills at Green Bay Packers (4pm)
New York Giants at Chicago Bears (7pm)
Oakland Raiders at San Francisco 49ers (10pm)

Monday, August 24

New Orleans Saints at Houston Texans (1am)

Wednesday, August 26

New York Jets at Baltimore Ravens (1pm)

Thursday, August 27

Jacksonville Jaguars at Philadelphia Eagles (11pm)

Friday, August 28

St. Louis Rams at Cincinnati Bengals (2am)
Miami Dolphins at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1pm)

Saturday, August 29

Green Bay Packers at Arizona Cardinals (1am)
New England Patriots at Washington Redskins (7am)
Indianapolis Colts at Detroit Lions (1pm)*
New Orleans at Oakland Raiders (4pm)*
Seattle Seahawks at Kansas City Chiefs (11pm)

Sunday, August 30

Baltimore Ravens at Carolina Panthers (7am)
New York Jets at New York Giants (10am)
Buffalo Bills at Pittsburgh Steelers (1pm)
San Francisco 49s at Dallas Cowboys (4pm)

Monday, August 31

Tennessee Titans at Cleveland Browns (12am)
San Diego Chargers at Atlanta Falcons (7am)
Chicago Bears at Denver Broncos (4pm)

Tuesday, September 1

Minnesota Vikings at Houston Texans (10am)

Thursday, September 3

Philadelphia Eagles at New York Jets (7pm)*
Oakland Raiders at Seattle Seahawks (10pm)*

Friday, September 4

Kansas City Chiefs at St. Louis Rams (7am)
Baltimore Ravens at Atlanta Falcons (10am)
Miami Dolphins at New Orleans Saints (1pm)
New York Giants at New England Patriots (4pm)
Dallas Cowboys at Minnesota Vikings (8pm)
Green Bay Packers at Tennessee Titans (11:30pm)

Saturday, September 5

Arizona Cardinals at Denver Broncos (1am)
Houston Texans at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (10am)
Cleveland Browns at Chicago Bears (4pm)
Washington Redskins at Jacksonville Jaguars (8:30pm)
Indianapolis Colts at Cincinnati Bengals (11:30pm)

Sunday, September 6

Detroit Lions at Buffalo Bills (7am)
Pittsburgh Steelers at Carolina Panthers (4pm)
San Francisco 49ers at San Diego Chargers (2:30am)

(*- Live NFL-N Telecasts)
I'm not exactly thrilled about when Houston airs, but all in all it's on and one way or another I will see them. Just three weeks away. I know many don't have the network, but hopefully this may help in planning ahead to see the games.
Old 07-20-2009   #2
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7786 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFLN Preseason Schedule

oh yeah baby! primetime! the ever coveted 10am slot and then the superstar slot, 1am!

can't wait to tell the planet we told you so!

Go Texans!
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009   #3
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Is this Central or Eastern?
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009   #4
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 126226 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Is this Central or Eastern?
You know? I'm not freaking sure. I looked quickly at it but don't have the time now to decipher the list (since it isn't consistent) Here is the print that came with it......

Quote:
NFL Network is home to all the NFL preseason games for the first time with 65 games airing on the only network dedicated entirely to football. In addition for the first time, the entire NFL preseason schedule will be seen in high definition nationally including 12 live preseason games, the most in the network’s history.

Week 1 of the 2009 NFL preseason on NFL Network features five live games highlighted by the debuts of first-round quarterback draft picks MATTHEW STAFFORD and MARK SANCHEZ. The live coverage kicks off with a doubleheader on Friday, August 14 at 8:00 PM ET with the St. Louis Rams vs. New York Jets, followed by Denver Broncos vs. San Francisco 49ers. Saturday, August 15 features the first-ever live tripleheader with the Atlanta Falcons vs. Detroit Lions beginning at 4:00 PM ET, followed immediately by Chicago Bears vs. Buffalo Bills and Seattle Seahawks vs. San Diego Chargers.

There’s no better place for Fantasy Football fans to prepare their picks and depth charts for the 2009 regular season than with NFL Network and NFL.com’s all-encompassing coverage of the 2009 preseason. All 12 live preseason games will include halftime shows featuring NFL Network’s team of analysts from its Los Angeles studios and five-minute NFL Network Now updates between game broadcasts reporting the most up-to-date news and information. NFL Network’s schedule includes a total of 162 telecasts as it includes every game, live games and game replays of all the preseason action.
The first bolded text is 8pm eastern and the list shows 7:00. One would believe that means the list is Central-ese. The 2nd bolded text would leave you to believe it's Eastern-ese.

Here's the link to awfulannouncing.com

If it weren't for some of the cool stories you can see on that site I probably wouldn't go there, the guy that does it is kind of off. I do like his site though.
Old 07-20-2009   #5
whiskeyrbl

Thank God I have a DVR.
Old 07-20-2009   #6
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Thank God I have a VCR.

Wait...
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009   #7
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Thank God I have VD.

Wait...
Old 07-20-2009   #8
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Thank god I have TT.

No waits about it.
Old 07-20-2009   #9
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd slap my sister if I could wake up tomorrow and it be August 15th or better yet September 13th
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009   #10
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 226054 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I added a 1TB drive to my DVR so I can record more. Unfortunately, I did it after the season was over. And really unfortunately, with this DVR, when you add an extra drive, it ignores the original drive. So, I don't have any Texan games to watch on my DVR right now.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009   #11
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

thank god i have season tickets .....

but PS games are manily boring well the last game was aganist Tampa

seeing Alex bink and whats his face play was not fun LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009   #12
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Just an FYI for those that might benefit, Houston vs KC will be on at 9:00 this morning. The original post said ten and at the time I wasn't sure (see above) about eastern or central.
Old 08-16-2009   #13
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Just an FYI for those that might benefit, Houston vs KC will be on at 9:00 this morning. The original post said ten and at the time I wasn't sure (see above) about eastern or central.
The times listed in the previous (long) post must be eastern.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009   #14
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 223945 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

In this day and age, showing a live NFL game in the old format is insanely ridiculous. Channel 13 is crap, and the Texans should get another local station for their pre-season games. I'm DVR'ing the NFLN broadcast this morning and will review later in the week. Thank god for for NFLN!

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009   #15
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I added a 1TB drive to my DVR so I can record more. Unfortunately, I did it after the season was over. And really unfortunately, with this DVR, when you add an extra drive, it ignores the original drive. So, I don't have any Texan games to watch on my DVR right now.
Is your DVR a cable box or a PC set-up?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009   #16
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

so in 15 minutes Texans will be on! NO fuzzy pixels yeah
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009   #17
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

im going to watch the lines. i caouldnt see very clearly last night on jtv to say the least
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009   #18
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 69312 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Its going to be nice to see the game. Channel 13's lame ass excuse about it being broadcast across the state is just sad. It was the same way last season, and I doubt it will change next week. It is however, nice to be b!tchin about the broadcast rather than the the team though.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009   #19
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 223945 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Its going to be nice to see the game. Channel 13's lame ass excuse about it being broadcast across the state is just sad. It was the same way last season, and I doubt it will change next week. It is however, nice to be b!tchin about the broadcast rather than the the team though.
I don't care what their excuse is, it's horrible to watch live NFL action in the old format. I want channel 13 gone.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009   #20
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

first drive i was watching duane. looked decent except for one stuffed running play where he blocked nobody
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read