Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-17-2009   #1
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Graham Harrell Set to go to CFL

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4332177

I guess it was to hard to shed the perception about the offense at Tech.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009   #2
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4281 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Graham Harrell Set to go to CFL

The Cleveland Browns gave him a shot, but I guess he just couldn't get it done.

I think he will make a good CFL quarterback though.
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009   #3
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

How much shot could he have gotten having not even been afforded an opportunity to participate in his 1st training camp?

Let him go to the CFL & get his Doug Flutie on..
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009   #4
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I read just last week that he had turned a contract down for Canadian football.
Old 07-17-2009   #5
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

There must have been a reason 32 NFL teams passed on him for 7 rounds.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009   #6
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
There must have been a reason 32 NFL teams passed on him for 7 rounds.
nfl scouts dont know anymore how a guy is gonna turn out than we do. especially if u still have 32 teams passing on a guy 6 times each & he winds up becoming arguably the best qb this era. if i were say the bronco's or rams i'd bring him to camp to compete for a job he couldn't much worse tahn anybody they have.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009   #7
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I knew a kid that dominated all of us in the 8th grade but defenses grew bigger and more sophisticated at the next level and as an aside, he was the first guy with facial hair in my class.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-17-2009   #8
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I knew a kid that dominated all of us in the 8th grade but defenses grew bigger and more sophisticated at the next level and as an aside, he was the first guy with facial hair in my class.
I think most of us had experiences with a guy or two like that in Junior High.

I, for one, grew almost 6 inches from 8th grade football season to my Freshman season. I enjoyed returning the beat down he gave fellow teamates the previous year. The difference was, there were a handful of others that grew during that timespan too. So it was a beat down X10.

The dude didn't finish his Freshman season. He quit!
Old 07-17-2009   #9
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Harrell doesn't have the arm strength to throw a 15 yd out against NFL DB's. That's why nobody wanted him. The Browns brought him in as a camp arm and saw the same thing that everyone else did so they let him go.

That doesn't mean he can't have a successful career wherever he does end up though.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009   #10
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 46441 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Harrell doesn't have the arm strength to throw a 15 yd out against NFL DB's. That's why nobody wanted him. The Browns brought him in as a camp arm and saw the same thing that everyone else did so they let him go.

That doesn't mean he can't have a successful career wherever he does end up though.
co-signed

I love the guy and what he did at Tech but this is the truth.
Old 07-17-2009   #11
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Graham Harrell Set to go to CFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Harrell doesn't have the arm strength to throw a 15 yd out against NFL DB's.
Can you explain that? (I never played football)

Thanks.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009   #12
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 46441 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Can you explain that? (I never played football)

Thanks.
The WR runs 15 yards downfield then makes a quick cut toward the sideline.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Out_(route)

It's a tough throw to make because not only does it need to go 15 yards but also needs to go 20+yards to the sideline. It also has to have a lot of zip on it and be very accurate or the CB will easily jump the route. It takes a strong and accurate arm to make that throw and very few college QB's can do it.
Old 07-17-2009   #13
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Graham Harrell Set to go to CFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
It's a tough throw to make because not only does it need to go 15 yards but also needs to go 20+yards to the sideline. It also has to have a lot of zip on it and be very accurate or the CB will easily jump the route. It takes a strong and accurate arm to make that throw and very few college QB's can do it.
So the strength is moreso to get the zip and accuracy? That makes sense. I didn't understand why he wouldn't have the arm strength to throw a ball 15-20 yards. Rep coming your way.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009   #14
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
So the strength is moreso to get the zip and accuracy? That makes sense. I didn't understand why he wouldn't have the arm strength to throw a ball 15-20 yards. Rep coming your way.
Exactly.
Old 07-18-2009   #15
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
dc txtech hit the nail right on the head. Harrell can obviously throw the ball 20+ yards. But does he have the zip to get a 15 yd out to his WR when they are being covered by Terence Newman or Asomugha? Not a chance.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read