Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-02-2005   #1
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default NFL Fanbase Ranked

NFL Fanbase Rankings
I do not like our rank, but I understand due to the fact that we have only had the team for 3 years.
Whats up with Pittsburgh at #1 though?
Comments?
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005   #2
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

The Steelers have a national following and they travel well. You always see a ton of Steeler fans at TV games even though it's an "away" game for them.

Same for Packers. It's just the way it is.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005   #3
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Like he said, it's just his opinion. BUT, no way would I rank the Steelers above GB! Pack fans are like packrats, they pack up and go with their team. There were so many here last year I thought, for a nanosecond, that they would outnumber the Texans! They were EVERYWHERE! Fiercely loyal fans.

I didn't care to much for him placing the blame on the Oilers move on the fans. That's not true! The "worst owner" title should go to Bud Adams, the only reason the team now resides in Tenn. THANK GOODNESS!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005   #4
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

and what does really really really loyal get you?

NOTHING
Old 02-03-2005   #5
Blu
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to Blu

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
Comments?
Did you ever go to an Oiler/Steeler game at the dome? Wow... they have tons of fans. The last game here in Houston, I thought they had the home field advantage.lol
Old 02-03-2005   #6
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know if this is any barometer of fan loyalty but listening to the various 610 open line segments there are always a ton of Steeler fans that call.
Old 02-03-2005   #7
scott
Rookie

always looks like steelers have alot of fans cause of their "terrible towels" making the whole stadium yellow..rofl..they need to hand out towels for us!!!!!
scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-03-2005   #8
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Somebody has to got to be waving those towels so if it looks like there is a stadium full of yellow it's because there is.

I don't like the Steelers team but I've heard their fans are first class.
Old 02-03-2005   #9
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu
Did you ever go to an Oiler/Steeler game at the dome? Wow... they have tons of fans. The last game here in Houston, I thought they had the home field advantage.lol

I moved here in 92...and sadly enough, I never saw the Steelers/Oilers play each other.

But I can understand, after watching the highlights of the Cowboys/Steelers game and the Jags/Steelers game...those people travel in packs.
Almost like a Phish concert...minus the helium tanks.
Old 02-03-2005   #10
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

haha we are pretty low on the rankings there ??? i thought we had a pretty good fan base (even though we've only existed 3 years)
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005   #11
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
haha we are pretty low on the rankings there ??? i thought we had a pretty good fan base (even though we've only existed 3 years)

I think the ranking is totally due to the Texans being the newest team.
Old 02-03-2005   #12
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

yeah i still think thats funny considering how full the stadium is every sunday !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005   #13
dan7
Veteran

Default Fan Base Rankings

Seattle at #30....doesn't surprise me at all (the playoff game against the Rams barely sold out).
Old 02-03-2005   #14
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
4. Dallas: In the city itself, these guys and girls are shameless front runners. There were non-sellouts during the Campo and Gailey regimes -- unacceptable, no matter how bad those guys were. But the Cowboy diehards around the country that have loved the team since Staubach and yet NEVER lived there, are smart and up to date on stuff. Even though some will act like rooting for the team since Aikman qualifies as a long time. I hate to admit it, but the Cowboys truly are "America's Team."
That's gonna sting some folks 'round here.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005   #15
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
It's just the truth...

http://www.extremeskins.com/modules....a&file=hoedown

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005   #16
TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
I remember when I was going to TCU in 98' and I bought Monday Night Football tickets (Eagles game when the holder dropped the snap and the Cowboys won at the very end) the day before the game through ticketmaster. Now the key words there was "the day before the game".

There is no way in hell a Monday Night game would be available through ticketmaster the day before the game here in Houston.
Old 02-04-2005   #17
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe that the author was just looking for knee jerk reactions. Why else would he put Cheeseheads behind Steelers? Makes no sense.

I have ranted over our position on this "piece" in enemy terretory. Why? Because I saw it there first, but more because of 3 little words....."so I'm told". The reject couldn't even see with his own eyes before judging our fanbase. What a hack, pull that press pass because this guy stinks. Get a real job pal.

He got a reaction all right......
I just ignore Dallas.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005   #18
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

True story: I worked in the Pittsburgh area in the last few years and one of
the guys I worked with actually changed his wedding plans so he could arrange to finance the purchase of a new special edition Steelers Ford pickup (the large version - F250 I think?), that had just come out - Yellow & Black, Steelers logos on the truck, etc.
Needles to say, I can understand why the Steelers rank #1 in fan support.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005   #19
El_DudeArino
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to El_DudeArino Send a message via Yahoo to El_DudeArino
Default I Don't Know

Quote:
NFL Fanbase Rankings
I do not like our rank, but I understand due to the fact that we have only had the team for 3 years.
Comments?

But Peek is the man!!!!
Old 02-04-2005   #20
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
I remember when I was going to TCU in 98' and I bought Monday Night Football tickets (Eagles game when the holder dropped the snap and the Cowboys won at the very end) the day before the game through ticketmaster. Now the key words there was "the day before the game".

There is no way in hell a Monday Night game would be available through ticketmaster the day before the game here in Houston.
Yeah, you just had to spend $100 in groceries at your local Kroger's and they'd give you Oilers' tickets.

Don't pretend as if Houston teams have sold out on a regular basis. I remember all too often the number of times the blackouts would be lifted after a local business stepped up and bought the remaining tickets.

Dallas fans fickle? Absolutely. Houston fans the ones to be pointing this out? Absolutely not.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read