Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 07-17-2009   #101
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I just had a knock on my front door....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Ohgodpleasetellmeicannothandlenotknowingonesecondl ongerigottaknowwwwwww.

I'm assuming it's not the notebook nor is it a flag.
Quote:
Well I'm friggin' ticked off that you're not spoiling! TICKED OFF!

Pleasetellmepleasetellmepleasetellmypatheticshello famanimgonnacryandrockmyselfbacktosleep.

Lol. Seriously though... what's with the creation of this thread if you're not gunna spill the beans? PM function not working?
Quote:
Come on. I'm in Austin. It'll take days before the tickets make the trek over here from Reliaint.

Rep for whoever tells me. PM is fine and I promise I won't spill the beans.

*sigh*

Please?
Quote:
BAN THIS SNITCH!

what the heck?? The tickets have made you crazy!

Old 07-17-2009   #102
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
what the heck?? The tickets have made you crazy!

What? Did I say sumthing?
Old 07-17-2009   #103
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 45478 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
Well if you are talking that way then we dont have to buy the Tickets.

I am not complaining, just not excited about it.
Well, I don't spend a small fortune on tickets so I can get a cheap whatever that you could get at Wal-Mart for $5? Of course you don't have to buy tickets. That doesn't even make sense. You're not going to buy tickets any more 'cause you don't like the gift they give?

I couldn't care less what they give us, though the flag was nice, I only care about the thing I spent a boat load of money on FIVE MONTHS AGO finally getting into my hands. If the Texans want to throw a cheap something in there, who cares? Thanks I guess, but I have a notebook, I have a flag (again even though that was nice), I have what they're giving this year. What do you expect them to give away to 20,000 or more account holders? A new gas grill?

That they're giving anything at all is a nice gesture. Again, they could just send you your tickets in an envelope and be done with it. That's probably a good quarter million they wouldn't have to spend on the gift and shipping it.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009   #104
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 187 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

I got another binder.....
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009   #105
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Got my tickets yesterday, and was surprised by the gift. Nice touch.
Old 07-17-2009   #106
Battle Red Flash
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Battle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
Just think of all the poor kids in Africa wearing that jersey right now.
....and the people that still wear it to the games with Scaub's name duct taped over Carr.

Find someone to stitch on the name, failures!
Old 07-17-2009   #107
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Just got mine today and I can't believe all the people griping about the gift; its really nice.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-17-2009   #108
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 25361 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Package arrived at 12:20 today. Lots of white jersey days early in the season. As far as the gift, it's the thought that counts.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009   #109
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: I just had a knock on my front door....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Just got mine today and I can't believe all the people griping about the gift; its really nice.
Ditto and ditto, especially since I have 10 Texans planner/binders/etc.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009   #110
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 45478 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

YES!!!!

Tickets in Hand!!!!

And the gift is pretty cool. It'll be interesting to see if the cupholder works though. Maybe I should try it out now. Good as an excuse as any to pop open a beer.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009   #111
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
Well, I don't spend a small fortune on tickets so I can get a cheap whatever that you could get at Wal-Mart for $5? Of course you don't have to buy tickets. That doesn't even make sense. You're not going to buy tickets any more 'cause you don't like the gift they give?

I couldn't care less what they give us, though the flag was nice, I only care about the thing I spent a boat load of money on FIVE MONTHS AGO finally getting into my hands. If the Texans want to throw a cheap something in there, who cares? Thanks I guess, but I have a notebook, I have a flag (again even though that was nice), I have what they're giving this year. What do you expect them to give away to 20,000 or more account holders? A new gas grill?

That they're giving anything at all is a nice gesture. Again, they could just send you your tickets in an envelope and be done with it. That's probably a good quarter million they wouldn't have to spend on the gift and shipping it.
I never suggested that I was not buying tickets because of the gift I was saying your "anything they give us is nice" attitude does not translate when we pay as you said "a small fortune".

Again, I was not complaining about the gift I am just not excited.
As with the year we all got the flag I was really excited about getting it, of course I am more excited about getting the tickets but its fun to see what the gift they give us each year is.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009   #112
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

WOOHOO!!! Just got home from work a bit ago and there was a Fed Ex package awaiting! Don't know what I think about the gift, I like it pretty much, will have to test it out and see. It was great getting the tix too!
Old 07-17-2009   #113
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104376 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

It's a Texans PONY...in an envelope.

(Just add water)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009   #114
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

I like the gift. It isn't anything I would buy myself, it is different, it is clever in it's own way, it will be useful at home if not at the games, the tickets are included, it means football is almost here, and it isn't a Trapper Keeper. What more could a Texan Fan want?
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009   #115
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 106068 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Happier to see the tix than the gift. It's definitely a "meh" object. The fact that I bought a "lesser version" from Kroger months ago doesn't make this thing that exciting for me personally.

As for the "they don't have to send you anything" response, no they don't. But they aren't the only one of 32 teams that does either.

As long as it's something "unique" each year, I can live with it.

disaacks3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009   #116
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm wearing my gift to bed tonight.
Old 07-18-2009   #117
whiskeyrbl

I would not have bought the gift for myself but I will definitely use it. It actually has some cool features. Also stoked that in our MNF against Titans we will be sporting the RED THREADS.
Old 07-18-2009   #118
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Hoover View Post
My girlfriend will look good in this...lol

The Mrs won't wear it.
Roc Hoover McNair here
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009   #119
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11283 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Made the end of my vacation perfect!! WoooHOOOOOOO! First time I've EVER gotten my tickets on the first day of delivery!!

The "gift" was something I TOTALLY did not expect! As everyone has said in above post, some will love it, BUT, I think most will hate it!! Thats just my guess! Gonna be a lot of bitchin!!
Personally, I love it. As for it not being for everyday use....I don't necessarily agree. It can be used elsewhere.

I think it's better than the binders and day planners they send most years. I don't think as many will hate it unless they wanted a cheerleader as a gift. Not that I wouldn't have been pleased with that gift either.
Old 07-18-2009   #120
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11283 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoCRoN View Post
1 gift per account. I have 4 PSLs, get 4 tickets, but only 1 gift.

I think if I would've set up TWO accounts, 1 for me, 1 for the wife, with 2 tickets each, we'd get TWO gifts. Silly me.
Just sell her two PSLs under her name. I did that with my father so we could both get gifts.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read