Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-01-2005   #1
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro
Default just a thought

we all know that capers wants a bigger back to pair up with davis and the names that have been thrown out on this board have been jordon, alexander, drafting shelton, etc...but no one has mentioned anthony thomas...why is that...he's a big back who had a great rookie year then the team lost half it's o-lineman and never seemed to get back to the way they were back in 99 any thoughts?
Old 02-02-2005   #2
TMac48
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TMac48

Wouldn't be a bad pick-up IMO, if we have the cap room. However, Wells did show some improvement this year...

Last edited by TMac48; 02-02-2005 at 12:34 AM.
TMac48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005   #3
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

Actually I believe I did mention A-train in a thread a while ago. My freind, who is a Bears fan, said A-train has some good miles left on him. Thomas Jones just beat him out. However, I also think Wells showed some power in game against the Raiders. There are difficult decisions to make for Capers and Casserly. Personally, I would keep Wells, because he is familiar with our system and I think he can serve the purpose.
Old 02-02-2005   #4
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

personally i like the way wells was running this year, and think that he is a pretty power running back. i say keep wells, and D.D continues to be our starter !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005   #5
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3006 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Also, isn't Wells is one of our best special teams players?
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005   #6
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

yeah wells is pretty good on special teams, well from what i see.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005   #7
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

Quote:
Originally Posted by cOWboy H8r
WE need RONNIE BROWN!
we have greater needs than a RB who has a chance of being gone by the time we pick at 13

but i agree that atrain would do well with us and capers. but wells seems to fill that role nicely. he worked out at fullback if im not mistaken and i would like to see him become a physical force in our running game. i like wells and hes been here since the start. id like to see him stay here for a while. good backup and good special teamer.
Old 02-03-2005   #8
Panther5407
All Pro

Keith Joeseph from A&M is a big bruiser, he's a FB but filled in for Courtney Lewis in a couple of games and didn't do bad at all. Just one problem is I havn't seen him in any mocks (late rounds) but who knows what he is gonna do.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read