Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-15-2009   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 267323 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Why so few Open TC practices???

Is it just me, or have we not seen a diminishing of the Texans opening their arms to their fans. I find it curious that the front office has chosen this year-by-year apparent declining trend for their loyal fan base. Could it be that they fear telegraphing spies amongst us?
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009   #2
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why so few Open TC practices???

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Is it just me, or have we not seen a diminishing of the Texans opening their arms to their fans. I find it curious that the front office has chosen this year-by-year apparent declining trend for their loyal fan base. Could it be that they fear telegraphing spies amongst us?
Cloak and Dagger???

Old 07-15-2009   #3
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Why so few Open TC practices???

Because Kubiak hates open TC practices, IMHO. When he first took over, there were rumors of that he wanted to close it off entirely. But that's 10th hand rumoring, who knows.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009   #4
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Or could it be the number of practices has decreased? The team is not having evening practices for the most part. So they do not have the available practices.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009   #5
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Couldn't agree more CloakNNNdagger. It's very obvious what the trend is.
And with the Saints coming to town for some joint practices including scrimmages with the Texans, I was really hoping and expecting we'd get to view some of that action.
No doubt its all about Kubiak. Well it's his team, if he can make the team winners then its a small price to pay. If he fails, maybe the next HC will be more open with practices.
BTW I understand some teams have no fan restrictions during TC. They are all open.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009   #6
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Couldn't agree more CloakNNNdagger. It's very obvious what the trend is.
And with the Saints coming to town for some joint practices including scrimmages with the Texans, I was really hoping and expecting we'd get to view some of that action.
No doubt its all about Kubiak. Well it's his team, if he can make the team winners then its a small price to pay. If he fails, maybe the next HC will be more open with practices.
BTW I understand some teams have no fan restrictions during TC. They are all open.
I'm going to a couple of practices myself. I went a couple years ago too. Really enjoyed seeing our players on the field. I really like the idea of open practices.

But..

If Kubiak doesn't like the open practices, then I'll get behind that. Whatever he thinks is best for the team getting better is what I'm going to get behind.
Old 07-15-2009   #7
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
I'm going to a couple of practices myself. I went a couple years ago too. Really enjoyed seeing our players on the field. I really like the idea of open practices.

But..

If Kubiak doesn't like the open practices, then I'll get behind that. Whatever he thinks is best for the team getting better is what I'm going to get behind.
Did you already receive the tickets?
Sponsored links
Old 07-15-2009   #8
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Did you already receive the tickets?
No but I trust that you'll send them unless you were not able to get me more?
Old 07-15-2009   #9
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No but I trust that you'll send them unless you were not able to get me more?
I sent 4 for the Monday practice and 2 for the Sunday
Old 07-15-2009   #10
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think all of the Pats' practices are open to the public, and they'll have two a days. Somebody isn't afraid of spies!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009   #11
Battle Red Flash
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Battle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performer

Quote:
'Cause Kubes wants to get his illegal blocking drills on!
Old 07-19-2009   #12
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I like the idea of having open practices and seeing the players afterwards but if Kubes feels this is better for the team then I'm ok with it. I'd rather be seeing the Texans and meeting them at better times and better places anyway like an SB paraed.
Old 07-19-2009   #13
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Can anyone tell me about being an ambassador? What does that mean and how does one become one? I'm trying to better arm myself so I can get some autographs this time around. A couple of years ago I had problems at a training camp and I'm jusr wanting to be better armed with information...

Anyway, ambassadors are talked about on the training camp information page.
Old 07-19-2009   #14
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Houston Texans Training Camp Open Dates

July 31 8:30-10:45 a.m.

Aug. 1 8:30-10:45 a.m.

Aug. 2 8:30-10:45 a.m.

Aug. 3 8:30-10 a.m.

Aug. 6 7:15-9:15 p.m.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-training-camp
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009   #15
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20600 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Can anyone tell me about being an ambassador? What does that mean and how does one become one? I'm trying to better arm myself so I can get some autographs this time around. A couple of years ago I had problems at a training camp and I'm jusr wanting to be better armed with information...

Anyway, ambassadors are talked about on the training camp information page.
These are usually former players
Old 07-20-2009   #16
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21216 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder if the weather also factors into things. It's dang out there and an open practice means the players are outside more. A closed practice and they can use that fancy bubble.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009   #17
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20600 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Is anyone going Thursday night?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read